on 24 April 2013
I have recently been made redundant from my job in the city, and rather than sitting around feeling sorry for myself I decided to get out there and give something back. An opportunity to do so arose when a friend said they were having a party for their 4 year old (soon to be 5) Tarquin, and I offered to take care of the entertainment.
After a few unsuccessful searches for Magician's outfits, I ordered this clown costume for the party on the basis of a good review. I didn't have time to try it on when it arrived so my first outing was at the children's party, a mistake I have come to deeply regret.

First off the shoes, they were WAY TOO BIG! I'm a size 10 and had no chance of fitting into them, I just clopped around looking like a buffoon.
Secondly the pants were also WAY TOO BIG! No wonder they supply them with braces because thats the only way to keep them up. Even then the braces kept slipping off my shoulders and letting the pants fall down, highly embarrassing, especially at a children's party.
The hat was WAY TOO SMALL! How is anyone supposed to fit that on their head? Especially when wearing a wig. I don't know who they based this outfit on but they must have had a really freakish body type.
The walking stick was WAY TOO SHORT! I had to crouch over like an idiot, and tripped over my big shoes and oversized pants right into the cake I had bought him. No-one helped me up, they all just sat there laughing, do you know how humiliating it is to be laughed at by a room of 5 year olds?
on 19 February 2011
Why didn't I listen to the reviews! Awful costume! it looks cheap and flimsy.The so called braces were nothing more than two bits of ribbon with two small safety pins on the end!.You'll need a needle and thread to stitch them to make them secure. a lot narrower than it looks in the picture.i have resorted to buying some cheap material and making my own! Don't waste your money!
on 8 December 2009
Trousers great, one size fits all. Braces a bit fragile. Hat fine but a bit floppy. Ideal for a party, but probably won't last more than one or two wearings.....
on 19 June 2012
Looked good but straps weren't very secure, however despite this the costume was worth the price and arrived on time as described.
on 14 September 2013
I have gotten good use out of this simple yet effective costume, it is perhaps not the best quality but much better than i expected for the price. Everyone thought it looked great.
on 24 April 2013
the braces are just ribbon by the end of the party they were wrecked but overall the suit is great
on 10 July 2014
excellent quite thin material but that suits me as going to use it in spain in november
on 13 November 2014
done the job good quality and service
on 11 November 2015