4.0 out of 5 stars worked for me
i dyed 2 large bath towels and 2 hand towels, very easy to use and came out exactly as it said, an antique grey. i wouldnt put any more items in than i did and any less would make the items darker. This was a lot cheaper than new towels. I dyed beige towels.
Published on 24 May 2012 by Mrs. V. L. Skidmore

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful when using
Published on 9 Jun 2012 by G. W. Box

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful when using, 9 Jun 2012
G. W. Box - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dylon 200g Machine Fabric Dye - Antique Grey (Office Product)
I bought this to re dye a pair of grey denim jeans that had bleach spilt on them. The instructions are very clear but I add a note of caution. Good points the dye works well and applies evenly BUT you must thoroughly clean out the washing machine afterwards many more times than they suggest on the packet. We have a very modern washing machine and I suspect the problem is it uses less water than older ones. After the recommended wash through with detergent and then the empty wash through although it looked clean it still managed to add splats of dye to the next washing load and the next and the next despite cleaning out behind the rubber seal and door seal etc. The good thing is though that the white sheets it contaminated were saved by washing again with a stain remover. The grey colour isn't as much of a problem as the red ones that dylon do as they seem even more prone to hang around. Don't let this put you off though just do extra empty washes with plenty of detergent and it should be fine and use dark clothes for the first washes afterwards. It all goes to show that this is very good dye. If anything the Antique grey colour is too dark nearer charcoal but I expect it will fade over time and it did save a brand new pair of 65 jeans from an early trip to the clothing bank and the red version did the same for my wifes jeans.

4.0 out of 5 stars worked for me, 24 May 2012
Mrs. V. L. Skidmore (uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Dylon machine dye, antique grey, 11 Oct 2011
This dye is really good I've got some light grey jeans and some bleach went on them really badly. So I thought I give this dye a go, it came out darker and hidden the stain's on the jeans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 23 Aug 2013
Perfect colour, very easy to use, much better than hand dye as it's less messy! I dyed a light grey jumper to the antique grey, and it turned out exactly how I wanted it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Renewed shorts, 19 Aug 2013
My Husband wore his favourite light shorts cleaning out the BBQ. Yes you guessed it; spots all over his shorts, so I bought this dye and if you follow the manufacturers instructions to the letter its brilliant. New shorts - and NO after effects from the dye in my washing machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb results (see pictures on main page), 22 Feb 2014
I have owned a Carhartt coat for some time, I bought one because they are superior to every other coat in terms of warmth and durability, but I had always felt that the colour was a little too industrial for casual wear.

Eventually I decided to take the plunge and dye it. So I purchased one of these 200g Dylon Antique Grey packs and also approx. 500g of salt (I say approx. because I bought a Saxa 750g tub and just used most of it!). I added both to the empty drum and set the washing machine to a 40 wash (they advise not to use a quick wash or economy setting...my wash took about 90 minutes). When that was done I put it on same wash with washing powder this time and when finished removed coat.

I am very impressed with results - you can see my results on the main product page (link below):

Tip: to clean your washing machine put it on a 90 wash with some detergent and bleach in the drum...then just put it on a 40 wash with just some conditioner in the drum to remove smells and then leave drawer and door open to vent/dry.

Hope that helps :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly the results I wanted, 8 Aug 2013
I bought a couple of TOG24 shirts online, but on arrival the green/white and blue/white checks were far too lurid for me. I really rate fit and wicking qualities of the other (far quieter) version of the same shirt that I've had for a while, so I decided to try to tone them down. The Antique Grey dye proved the perfect choice, the shirts are now far more tasteful, whites are now a dark grey and the hideous blues and greens are toned to a much more neutral level. I ran my washing machine for one 40 degree cycle after, as recommended, and the following wash came out fine, no trace of dye.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good coverage but grey colour has greenish hint, 7 Jun 2012
Have used dylon many times & had high expectations, however I found that the 2 items I dyed (Linen dress & cotton top) both have a green hint which I didn't expect & don't particularly like, just my taste I guess. This aside, the coverage is good & product is easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars new look towels, 28 May 2014
Had some grey looking but still good fluffy bath towels and ran them thru a cycle with salt to change the look, not always the colour you think it will be if you are dying from non white but better looking than before.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very, very dark grey - more of a faded black denim colour, 14 May 2014
Love dylon dyes on the whole, very effective and good coverage etc but this grey is black! My white sofa covers now look like a slightly faded black denim - not the look I was after.
I'm going to bye the pre-dye and start again using twice the weight recommended per pack and hopefully get some semblance of grey?!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›