on 20 January 2008
Comes supplied with fittings for either 3.5" or 5" bays which is useful. It fitted easily and the leads were long enough to reach the motherboard terminals. Reads all cards I've tried so far with no problems, mostly CF and SD but some others. Single additional USB port on the front is useful. Works seamlessly with XP Pro, no driver required.

XP sees it as a number of separate disc drives hence I now have drives H to K on my machine! Not a problem, but it's not immediately clear which slot is which!

One the down side, the one I was delivered had a couple of bent pins on the CF card slot. These are exposed to damage in the packaging. 5 minutes with a fine screwdriver and pair of pliers solved the problem but it wasn't a good start. These should really be protected better.

Connecting the USB wire was a bit of a faff because the plug can be fitted to the reader either way. Needless to say I got it on the wrong way first time. This could be better too as it would be simple to fit a plug that will only fit one way. Not a problem, just read the instructions very carefully.

There is a small red LED on the front to show it's powered up and a green flashing one when in use.
on 15 November 2007
Basic in that there's no eject button for CF, nor "push to pop-out" mechanism for SD/MS cards - they need to be pulled out.
But, it just worked without issue on an Asus P4P800 motherboard using one of its on-board USB headers and with kernel 2.6.20 (Linux - earlier kernels with USB/hotplug support should be fine too), it appears as four separate card readers: SD, CF, SM & MS.
on 9 December 2008
The item easily slotted in and was simple to attatch to the mother board. As you would expect. However the slot for the CF card was of such shoddy design that I basically couldn't get the card in without the fear of damaging the card or the pins, which meant it was pretty useless for me. The other slots worked fine but I primarily need it to read CF cards, so it gets a thumbs down from me.
on 8 April 2008
I couldn't wait for it to come because i recently got a DSLR for my Birthday and i wanted to backup all the photos i had taken on my CF card. the worst thing was i always had to wait so long for the computer to recognise the camera through USB and the transfer was even longer. When it cam i went straight to fitting it into my computer but i couldn't get it to fit. I had no way to fit it at all; not in my 5.25 bay nor my 3.5 bay. It got even worse when i found out that my motherboard did not support it's interface. The final blow was when i found out one of the pins in the CF port were damaged.

Just make sure that your case and motherboard are compatable, they should be becuase i have a weird case but just make sure. In the 5.25 bay you need two screw holes one ontop of another near the front and in the 3.5 bay make sure there is at least a single hole near the front. Also you need a 'USB jump' on your mainboard which i found to be very vague and the pictures in the intructions don't help either due to the lack of clarity and the lack of colour.
on 4 April 2011
Does what it says on the tin and more. The SD card slot is compatible with SDHC cards, and there's a little slot marked 'TF' (short for TransFlash, the old name for MicroSD) which is compatible with MicroSDHC cards like you'd get in your smartphone. Excellent all round
on 14 March 2008
Does what it says on the tin. Take care with polarity of the cable, as the photo in the documentation doesn't quite match the actual device. Hint: look at where the white wire is on the photo to make sure you're plugging it in correctly.
on 26 September 2008
Item arrived quickly and it was just as quick to get it installed. The 5.25" bay was the main reason I bought it as I'm using my 3.5" for a nostalgic floppy drive.

It is easy to install although the USB cable header could be a bit longer, it only just reaches round my 9800 to the nearest header, and I installed it on the nearest bay to it!

Only have SD cards and that works fine, although the card has to be inserted upside down. The usb function is neat too, and this also works perfectly.
on 24 July 2009
easy to install does exactly what it says on the box
obviously limited to USB speeds but gives you ability to read almost all digital camera formats
on 31 May 2010
This product was very easy to install and works as stated with the various cards and USB
on 18 April 2009
very good deliver time and all in good condition. very pleased with it up to now ah ah