5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging and fun.
I've only had this game a couple of days but am enjoying it so far. The tests are quite challenging but will hopefully get easier with practice. The format is simmilar to that of Brain Training in that doing well in one test rewards you with the option of undertaking that same test at a "hard" level and also unlocks additional exercises. Graphs and best scores are...
Published on 26 Nov 2007 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Still the same old pseudo scientific jargon
It is great fun but I do wish I could turn of all the chat which is very irrelevant. I suppose they had to think of a new title but this is more brain training 3. Why do all these games have an obsession for speed, surely they could have some puzzles that did not only rely on speed.
Published on 6 April 2008 by Bob

4.0 out of 5 stars eye training, 10 Dec 2010
Teresa Burden - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sight Training (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
good game. only thing you can do after you`ve completed it is increase speed of games. can get a bit boring

5.0 out of 5 stars over 60 and having fun, 4 Feb 2010
Mrs. Jh Solomon (Pembrokeshire Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sight Training (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
THis sight training is very fascinating with the variety of different levels and type of activities. Very handy to have while waiting for any event or appointment if you are on your own.It provides fun instead of wasting time. Really delighted .

5.0 out of 5 stars More fun than it sounds, 15 Sep 2009
jem (New Forest, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sight Training (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I think this is an excellent game. It does primarily test your eyesight, but your brain needs to be working pretty well also. There are basically two types of game, Core Training, which is the harder stuff, I find, and Sports Training, which is more for fun. I should mention that I have a basic eyesight problem in that one of my eyes is what's known as a lazy eye. It affects my peripheral vision to some extent. It's fine in day-to-day activity, but not so good when you're concentrating on a small screen because really only one eye has to try to do the work of two.

As mentioned above, you start off doing all the games at Normal level, but if you get a high score you are given the option of doing them at the Hard level. In both cases the game keeps track of your scores (and those of anyone else who opens a separate data file) from day to day, so you know if you are geting better (or worse).

You start off by completing an Eye Age Check and you are supposed to renew this at regular intervals as another means of showing your progress. The youngest age is 20. Mine was 18 years less than my actual age until tonight, when I did another check and have slipped back by 6 years. Grrr.

The exercises are supposed to be based on your Eye Age Check, but I reckon they are easier when you first start out because I'm finding it quite hard to match my best scores. Maybe they will become easier after tonight's check! You can complete a day's standard exercises in a few minutes, but there are ways of getting back into the system if, like me, you want more practice. In fact, I have scored the maximum in Normal level in several exercises, so I opt for the Hard level. For some reason I'm especially good at Table Tennis and American Football, but not so good at Volleyball in the Sports Training group. Some of the exercises in the Core Training group are the ones I find most difficult because of my lazy eye, but I'm getting better at them.

I have Brain Training and More Brain Training and I would put this game at the same level. It's maybe not for someone who primarily wants to play games, but if you want to exercise your mind and your eyes at the same time, it does the job very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, 23 Nov 2007
Angels 14 (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sight Training (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I got this today and I found it highly enjoyble, I havent unlocked all the Puzzles yet but i will. The games on it are top notch, especialy sporty ones, the only minor grip i have with it is the music (but thats what the volume switch is for). All in all, i found this to be fun and i will be using it everyday (like More Brain Training)so if your looking for something a bit different, give this a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 8 Jan 2008
This review is from: Sight Training (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
As an Air Traffic Controller I have little need to 'train my sight'. But the games themselves are fun to play and i can see the progress of my partner showing me that it works well.

It aims at certain sight related tasks that will eventually help to improve all round eye sight.

If you have no interest in improving your sight then just play it for the mini games. They can be fun and enjoyable.

3.0 out of 5 stars I doubt the claims, 6 Feb 2012
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sight Training (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I have to admit that I am not sure about the claims that Sight Training make. It states that "this game helps you train your visual abilities, but will not improve the actual strength of your eyesight". My sister has had it for several years (it was one of those games that came out in the wake of Dr K's Brain Training) and she has not noticed any improvement or change in her visual ability.

There are 3 options for playing:

- DAILY TRAINING - offers an "eye check" then the option to complete the "recommended training".

- QUICK PLAY - try the other games that weren't included in the recommended training

- DOWNLOAD - using only one cartridge you can send a quick play game to a friend in the same room and see who scores the best

The games are divided into five "aspects of focus ability":

* Dynamic visual acuity (DVA) - ability to see moving objects
* Eye movement (EM) - ability to quickly move and focus your eyes
* Hand eye coordination (HEC) - quickly and accurately react
* Momentary vision (MV) - taking in large amounts of information quickly
* Peripheral vision (PB) - to see a wide area rather than what you are looking at

The games are all see-and-tap games done at speed for a short period, so I question how they can claim such as hand-eye coordination as hand-eye involves much more than tapping a symbol/target on a small screen.

I also question their claims regarding peripheral vision. This is the gathering of visual information from the wider (outer) areas of your sight not just those in front of you on the screen.

Over all the games are brief but can be fun if you want a change from your usual type of DS game, however I doubt that these short games can improve vision. The company had a a disclaimer inside the manual which it says "in some cases, vision may not be improved at all".

I am sorry to say that my sister and I appear to be in the category which has seen no visual improvement. It will, however, help you with speed of response.

One strange thing I did notice was that my test scores were much higher when I was tired than they were when I was fresh and alert - don't know why it happens though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 9 Feb 2010
Mr T (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sight Training (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This really does was it says sight training. It increases your focus and really tests your memory skills as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sight Training, 14 Oct 2009
Mr. G. Noden "Brother G" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sight Training (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This game is very good for your eye site, and very clever to keep your brain active everyday, but best used would be in the morning time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sight Training, 18 July 2009
This review is from: Sight Training (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Mixture of video type games and graphics Great fun not boring at all apart from the eye exercises which you can miss by quitting

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but could be better..., 13 Dec 2007
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sight Training (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
It's been now two weeks since I have been playing! The tarining is good and rich in variety. There are however some small details that could make the difference. The repetitive character of some of the hints given is quiet tiring, unfortunately impossible to ignore since they keep appearing after having completed one of the activities or before. And one word for the graphics. Though the sports sections is very carefully modelled and rendered the main "narrator" is very poor in graphic design and rendering. Details, but details that do make the difference. Apart these, everything else is very enjoyable.

Sight Training (Nintendo DS)
Sight Training (Nintendo DS) by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
4.99