5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Published on 31 July 2009 by Aaron Ward

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
I bought three of these balls: one for my son (aged 11), one for my nephew (aged 14 and about 6ft tall) and one for my dog. The kids were very enthusiastic initially but it didn't last, although that could have been something to do with the temperature of the sea, so I don't want to be too mean here. Our problem was getting the balls to do anything really different from...
Published on 10 Oct. 2010 by H. B. Hosegoood

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 31 July 2009
Aaron Ward (Launceston Cornwall England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Source Waboba Ball (Colours & Styles May Vary) (Sports)
We have just returned from holiday having taken a couple of these. They are a great product and will provide hours of fun for kids and adults alike. One of ours has lasted 2 years and just perished on the last couple of days. They get serious punishment. Make sure you rinse the salt water from the covers when you finish as this accelerates the deterioration of the covers.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a bit of fun in the pool or at the beach....The Wardys and Redmans

4.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment, 1 Feb. 2010
V. Nield (Wilts, UK) - See all my reviews
This provided hours of entertainment for boys (both old and young). Particularly good at the beach. The only caveats are that we managed to lose 2 as they bounced too enthusiastically off into the bushes (when using them by a pool) and it requires a bit of practise and skill to make them bounce properly so could be frustrating for younger (under 8) children unless they get the knack quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone wants one, 13 July 2013
I have owned my Waboba for about 5 years now and it is THE best beach toy I have ever bought and is an essential item if you enjoy playing in the sea.

It is so good that mates get disappointed if I forget to bring it along and as it's so small and portable unlike a frizbee or football I don't know why I don't just leave it in my bag or put it next to my keys!

Like others I was skeptical about whether this would work as claimed. A ball that bounces off the water - there had to be a catch didn't there?

I am happy to report that there isn't and it really does work. You throw it as you would skim a flat stone and it bounces off the top of sea and waves. Being bright orange it is always visible and it floats.

Literally EVERY time we get the Waboba out and start playing with it we get loads of questions and envious glances from people on the beach. Although when I tell people that it is called a Waboba I think they think I am taking the Mickey! Maybe it is pronounced Wa bo ba instead of Wa boob a which we call it!

Amazingly I have NEVER seen anyone else with one and I live on the doorstep of the 7 miles of golden sands in Poole and Bournemouth!

You do have to throw it quite powerfully to skim so I wouldn't say it's for young children but apparently they do a bigger "family" one so may have to get one of them.

Am off to the beach soon with my 8 year old daughter and see if she can manage it.

Absolutely no hesitation in recommending this and if I ever lose it or it perishes - still hasn't after 5 years - I will immediately replace.

**** Another reviewer said that they had managed to get a "double bounce". Not sure if they are throwing it right or what but we get multiple bounces when we lob it. I guess we are usually 30+ metres away from each other.

Buy one now - you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars More fun than a frisbee by far!, 23 Aug. 2007
A. Precious (Marlow, UK) - See all my reviews
I saw this ball online and bought it for my recent beach holiday without knowing much about it. I have to say that it was fantastic - you can play for hours as it's so addictive trying to perfect your throwing technique. The 'skimming' technique is the hardest to master, but is great as, when you throw it really hard in the sea, depending on the angle that it hits a wave or current it can fly off high in any direction. So you have keep alert so as not get caught off-guard! (This can prove a little lethal with children using the orange variety, as this is a bit heavier apparently than the original red one or the new lighter yellow pool one). My only minor gripe being that by Day 3 of my holiday some of the outer layers of 'rubber'(underneath the material cover) had started to perish...but to be fair it had recieved quite a bit of punishment by then! So I feel that a new Waboba ball for each holiday is not exactly a huge investment to worry about compared to the laughs you can have playing with it. I've recommended this to my friends already...go on, get one....

5.0 out of 5 stars The best fun ever!, 13 May 2010
We are a family with young children and teenagers and are heading off on holiday soon so wanted to replace our waboba ball. They are the best fun in the water (pool and sea) and fantastic value, given the hours of pleasure we will get out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, 20 Sept. 2010
Bought the Waboba Water Ball as a present for my 10 year old son to play with on his holidays. He LOVED it! Spent all day in the sea/pool playing with friends and family, kept them all entertained.Waboba Water Ball

4.0 out of 5 stars It does actually work., 14 July 2010
Was very doubtful about this ball, but it really does work quite well.

I'm not sure bouncing on water is the best description, if you stand above water and drop the ball in, it doesn't bounce, it plops into the water and floats.

However throw the ball with a little bit of force so it hits the water at a sort of 45 degree angle and it takes off!

Bascially it skims the water with force. (sort of Dam buster style)

Quite good fun when playing catch in a pool, never made it into the sea but would imagine you could get it to do all sorts of things in the waves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic toy, 16 Jun. 2014
If there is a more enjoyable activity to be played in the pool or by the beach, I'm not sure what it is. Ridiculously fun. It's not a criticism of the product but the ball is surprisingly tricky to catch; you almost need to close your hand fractionally earlier than you would normally if catching say a tennis ball. In addition, we managed to rupture the inner lining of the ball which probably occurred when we were using the edge of the pool as a backstop but that didn't really interfere with the function of the ball and to be fair the instructions did say not to use on hard surfaces. It does need to be thrown with some aggression to bounce properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of jealous people in the pool that day..., 6 Sept. 2011
Lynsey B (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This works brilliantly and it really moves well across the water. We took it to France and used it in the local pool at Lubersac and there were a lot of jealous people that day wanting to get a hold of the ball to find out what it was. Very enjoyable. Try not to lose it though as it is a lot smaller that it looks in the picture (just slightly larger than a golf ball I'd say.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Waboba Ball, 28 Sept. 2010
Mr. Thomas C. Chatterley "tomleire" (Lamplugh, Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
I was somewhat sceptical about the claims made about the Waboba Ball, and my son's almost constant clamouring for one almost put us off buying one!!

However, once we bought the ball we were amazed at how it bounced on water - just like skimming a stone, but much better and very predictable. We live in The Lake District and during the summer evenings we would go to the nearest lake to us, where my son would swim out from the shore and we would throw the ball to and from him, for what seemed like ages.

All great fun and highly recommended!!