5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Bio Plant Feed Review
Published on 4 Nov. 2012 by MrE

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
The product is ok but the top wasn't on properly and it leaked inside of the packaging.
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Bio Plant Feed Review, 4 Nov. 2012
MrE (E Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
In my house we have a number of plants dotted around, ranging from Geraniums and Clivias to Cordylines and Cactus and the main problem you generally find with indoor plants is they require a balance and all to often you will find they are either lacking in food, water or daylight. Invariably watering plants alone is never enough, in fact if you just water a plant it is certain to die after a while because the plant will have taken the goodness from the soil and water generally lacks the nutrients a plant requires (especially tap water). Rain water is always best, but this on it's own is still not enough.

Which brings me down to this product, firstly the bottle has a screw cap but the top is fitted with a droplet feeder meaning it comes out 1 drop at a time making it very easy to get your measurements right. Speaking of the measurement you only need a few drops (5-6) per 1/2 litre of water...TRUST ME and DO NOT MESS WITH THE RATIO as this is strong concentrated stuff! Now at this point i will state that although this can be used on any plants or shrubs in or outside it has been designed for use on indoor plants or those specialist plants like iris. My advice is if you want to feed plants or shrubs outside then use either tomato feed or a soluble powder as that will go further and will give better results.

So down to the results: This baby bio simply dissolves into the water and then you simply pour it onto the soil around the plant in question, it is recommended you do this every two weeks to keep the nutrient level up so the plant is never left wanting for anything, and i would agree with this rate of use although if you place the plant in a window then every 10 days works better i find. The exception to this are Cactus which seem to be happy with getting fed once every month. Leaves stay dark green and healthy, stems are strong and flowers seem to last longer at the same time there seems to be more flowers and flowering periods seem to occur more often.

PROS: Probably the best plant feed I've come across for indoor plants, plants are as healthy as you're likely to get but it takes around a month for the true result to come through, good value for money as you use very little, helps all parts of the plant like the root and stems not just the flowers and leaves.

CONS: Over-use can be deadly to plants so use with caution and stick with the correct ratio (as stated on the bottle)

VERDICT: If like most people you have indoor plants and usually water them every now and then and often wonder why they never look that good, well the chances are they are lacking in nutrients. This will feed the plant to keep it healthy and can be used with any and all plant types, just be careful when mixing the ratios...if anything use fewer drop rather than more!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PRODUCT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars No compalints from my plants, 21 July 2011
This review is from: Baby Bio Original House Plant Food (Garden & Outdoors)
I have a variety of indoor plants that seemed to be quite happy when I finished the first bottle of this stuff so I got them another.

It doesn't mention that the top is a dropper which makes it easy to measure out a dose. I use it once a week during the growing season and it last around a year.

The only downside is that after a while the bottle develops a powdery residue on the thread (I assume from the odd drop that lands there). When the bottle is opened this tends to drop off so make sure you don't open it over a white carpet.

If you want to save a few pence search Amazon because I got several hits for this at different prices.

5.0 out of 5 stars My plants asked for more, 21 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave our poinsettia a new lease of life, now twice the size it was at the beginning of the summer, 20 Oct. 2014
Chris M (York) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Baby Bio Original House Plant Food (Garden & Outdoors)
Our neighbour recommended Baby Bio to me when he saw how sad our poinsettia looked.

With slight scepticism and thinking our poor poinsettia was on his way out, I tried Baby Bio and the difference was quite unbelievable, although I must point out we were giving it no food at all before.

The difference I think was noticeable after 4 weeks; we simply diluted the Baby Bio in a bottle and fed our plant every other day; the poinsettias leaves are now a bright vibrant green where before they were pale and yellowing. And the most dramatic difference is our poinsettias size as he is literally more than twice the size he was earlier in the year. Guests that have not been round for a while cannot believe the difference (our poinsettia is something of a talking point in our house owing to the fact it now has a name badge ‘Peter’ on his pot and is 5 years old).

So the Baby Bio has saved our poinsettia, to the point where we feel he will survive being put in a cupboard in an attempt to regain his redness. I would certainly recommend Baby Bio, plus a little certainly goes a very long way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 26 Jun. 2012
Bargain price, quick delivery, neatly packaged, easy to follow instructions and is doing the trick on my plants! Will definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars baby bio ., 5 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Baby Bio Original House Plant Food (Garden & Outdoors)
brought this product for my out door Cycad !! and allthough its meant for indoor plants its amazing for greening up and starting into growth things like palms yuccas and the above mentioned cycad which was looking very sick and yellowing before appling a good dose of bio .

4.0 out of 5 stars Plants mmmmmmmmm, 31 July 2013
I am told by the plants in our house that this stuff is great and much preferred over other plant foods that purport to do the same job.

Probably the best plant food in the house

5.0 out of 5 stars Doing well but when put out are being eaten very quickly by voracious snails so will keep rest indoors Happy to obtain this plan, 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Baby Bio Original House Plant Food (Garden & Outdoors)
Fed my sunflower seedlings on the Baby Bio. Doing well but when put out are being eaten very quickly by voracious snails so will keep rest indoors Happy to obtain this plant food Thank you so very very much Had been neglecting my Star of Bethlehem and it worked a miracle immediately on these poor shrivelled houseplants One needs r-epotting but will wait for it to feel fully recovered for longer from my recent neglect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 24 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Baby Bio Original House Plant Food (Garden & Outdoors)
Used it for years and it always seems to revive my plants when I forget to look after them properly; and it's so easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Good food, 19 Feb. 2014
I. Tattersall (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Bio Original House Plant Food (Garden & Outdoors)
An old favorite plant food tried and tested over many years. It does just what it says on the bottle, the rest is up to you.

Baby Bio Original House Plant Food