5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job!
Published on 22 Feb 2012 by rosegold

3.0 out of 5 stars In English and German - could be confusing
I haven't had to use it in anger so can't comment on its effectiveness, but the cover/instructions are in both English and German. I can imagine someone like my mother, for example (who is not too familiar with my kitchen and would be panicking already if there were a fire), losing valuable seconds while she realised half of it is in German and she can ignore it.
Published on 9 Sep 2010 by Kez0101

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job!, 22 Feb 2012
rosegold (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First Alert Kitchen Fire Blanket (1m x 1m, FB100DUK) (DIY & Tools)
Have just needed to use my First Alert kitchen fire blanket and can report that it did the job effectively. I have a bad cold so am not quite with it today, got on with chopping some vegetables forgetting I'd put some oil in a pan to heat and couldn't smell it overheating. I heard it burst into flames behind me and was quickly able to switch off the hob and cover it with the fire blanket which was close by. I then also put a frying pan on top of the blanket to help make an airtight seal. Don't know if that was the "right" thing to do but it worked. I left it for a while to cool down and then took the pan and fireblanket outside. The instructions say the blanket is non-reuseable, so I am about to order a replacement. I wouldn't want to be without one.

5.0 out of 5 stars fire replacement, 15 Nov 2012
My previous First Alert fire blanket met it's maker during a grill pan fire in the kitchen. Dealt with the fire quickly and competently, restricting damage to a minimum. The current model is the same size, but in a smaller box - looks less obtrusive in the kitchen. On past experience, this is an essential bit of kit for the home purely from the peace of mind angle. Easy to use in an emergency and does exactly what it says on the box. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fire in the kitchen, 13 Dec 2013
Recently my next-door neighbour answered his telephone while in the middle of preparing his evening meal. The conversation went on a bit and it was only when smoke began to circulate around his Flat that he realised that his kitchen was on fire. I was on holiday at the time and was unaware of this happening. The result has been that the next-door flat has had to have all the kitchen equipment replaced, all the carpets throughout the flat replaced, the electrical supplies to be rewired, the flat to be redecorated.

When I returned and saw the amount of damage involved, and having caravanned for many years I have purchased the Fire Blanket which I keep on the wall adjacent to the door to the kitchen so that I snuff a fire before it gets too great a hold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact Fire Blanket, 7 Nov 2011
This is to be used in kitchen as i'm a childminder, compact and meets correct safety standards. Good value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to know, 6 July 2013
Obviously I have thankfully not had to use this product yet so hard to rate.....looks like its picture so hopefully will do the job if required.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Alert Kitchen Fire Blanket, 17 Nov 2012
E. Halford (Cambridgeshire UK) - See all my reviews
This is a neat easily fitted fire blanket at a sensible price. It is exactly as described and was delivered as I have come to expect from Amazon. I would recommend it but I hope we will never have to use it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fire Blanket, 9 Sep 2011
Satisfied Customer (Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
Difficult to review this item as the last thing one wants is to use it in a real emergency situation. Luckily we have not had that unwanted opportunity to use it, but I am confident that should there be a kitchen fire, this blanket would do the job well. It is easy to fit, easy to remove, and the blanket does not keep falling out of the holder as happens with some other brands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks the Part, 1 Oct 2010
Looks like it is good hope I never need to find out if it works

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 25 Feb 2013
as described dont need to make more comment! gg tt rr rere ee ee ee rfr rr ee drde wew

3.0 out of 5 stars In English and German - could be confusing, 9 Sep 2010