5.0 out of 5 stars pure magic, 21 Jun 2005
This record was made in 1971 after Iain had left Matthews Southern Comfort. He gathered around him some of the finest guitarists of the time, Andy Roberts, Richard Thompson and Tim Renwick, and made this masterpiece. That's only my opinion of course but, after thirty four years, I still love this recording as much as the first time I heard it. The heart of the album is two storming covers of Richard Farina songs, Morgan The Pirate and Reno Nevada, with extended solos - acoustic and electric - between verses. Iain was also showing real talent in his songwriting and the production is crystal clear. The icing on the cake is the title track, a gorgeous, hymn-like duet with Sandy Denny. After one more solo record, Iain and Andy went on to form Plainsong and produce another record of outstanding quality. If you've never heard this album before, you're in for a serious treat

5.0 out of 5 stars Lord Above Hear My Song, 17 May 2008
This review is from: If You Saw Thro' My Eyes (Audio CD)
This album I have had on vinyl since the day of it's relese back in 1971. The CD release as been one hell of a long time in the making. If You Saw Thru' My Eyes is one hell of a superb album. The musicians in is Iains company on this album are first class, with the likes of Richard Thompson. Andy Roberts. Tim Remwick and also the great late Sandy Denny. Ian's voice on this album is pure golden and magic. The album is very solid and does not contain one bad track on it. Songs like Desert Inn, Reno Nervada, Morgan The Pirate It came Without Warning, Southern Wind well should I go on. Just put the album on from the begginning to the end its shear bliss. I cannot praise this album enough it's just first class all the way. And for anyone who as purchased it. All I can say is You Couldn't Loose.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the great voices in pop music, 29 Sep 2003
I bought this C.D. 2 weeks ago in my town Heerlen ( Satisfaction a import-shop).
It's great. I hoped it would came out on C.D. again( yes years ago once). I saw Iain Matthews twice. Thirty years ago on Pink Pop( A great concert in the south of the Netherlands with Matthews Southern comfort and 2 years ago with his group More than a song)Both great concerts. This C.D. is great, all the numbers are great . He has his own Record company MK2 records. This is it's first C.D. on his own label. The l.p. If you saw thro' my eyes came out in 1971. There are only 5 stars. I would give him more stars. He lives now in Horst (Limburg) in the Netherlands. I hope I can see him again in the future.
Nico Elders

5.0 out of 5 stars MY EYES, MY EARS, MY SOUL...., 7 April 2013
Ευαισθησία, φωνή, τραγούδια. τι να πω εγώ γι΄αυτόν τον καλλιτέχνη! Εδώ δεν υπάρχει ούτε ένα μέτριο τραγούδι! Τέτοιοι δίσκοι σπάνια εκδίδονται πλέον! Πολύ καλή η έκδοση της εταιρίας με το βιβλιαράκι με τους στίχους και το καλό remaster.

5.0 out of 5 stars IAN MATTHEWS AT HIS BEST., 6 Jan 2013
Wonderful classic album. Great singing, great songwriting, magnificient playing. Remarkably fresh. A classic. The remastering has brought it all back to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect 1st solo album, 19 Feb 2014
Just terrific, sublime vocals from the underated mr matthews including a wonderful duet with sandy denny.Just buy it and then check out the rest of his work. Why is it when reviewing those first two fairport albums ian's significant vocal contribution never gets a mention?

If You Saw Thro' My Eyes
If You Saw Thro' My Eyes by Ian Matthews (Audio CD - 2007)