Format: DVDChange

on 21 August 2014
a good nights watching
on 26 August 2008
I hate dolls anyway, my sisters always creeped me out, but I watched Dead Silence yesterday and now I hate them more than ever.

The film focuses on Jamie, a man whose wife Lisa is murdered shortly after a ventriloquist dummy turns up on their doorstep. Jamie is convinced that the dummy had something to do with Lisa's death so he drives to Raven's Fair, his home town to see if he can trace the dummy's roots all the while being tracked down by a cop.

Jamie uncovers the legend of Mary Shaw, a ventriloquist who was murdered by the residents of Raven's Fair years ago and now they believe she is killing from beyond the grave.

I believe that Dead Silence is scarier than Child's Play so is you thought that was freaky, watch Dead Silence.
on 22 November 2015
Great horror film!
on 14 December 2014
good no complaints
on 6 April 2008
Dead Silence was the response as it was that bad.
A doll turns up out of the blue as a gift for the main character's birthday and it's haunted by it's former owner Mary Shaw who was murdered.
He goes back to the former town where he grew up with the doll in tow and the plot unfolds, it's very predictable and is worth watching just for a laugh.
My favourite character is the funeral director who wanders around looking perplexed the whole time and who made 150 little coffins for this Mary Shaws dolls so that they could be buried in their own graves when she died and each one has it's own headstone, i mean please.
0Comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 January 2009
This film is amazing. Me and my mate watched it at about five o'clock when it was on TV and we were scared the rest of the week. I had to buy it. It is well done, and different from all the other "Possessed dolls" films. It is done to a freakier level. Me and my mate aren't easily scared, and have been disappointed with many horrors in the past, but this one was very good. It will not appeal to every horror fan, but if you like creepy eerie moments, or freaky dolls and ghosts, or mysteries then you should like this.
11 comment0 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 1 March 2009
Watched this film last night, wasn't expecting too much but found I really enjoyed it and was glued to my TV the whole way through. The film is very atmospheric, creepy and definitely scary. Its not one of those silly films about dolls, its very believable and is more of a ghost story than anything else. I love horror films but so many of them turn out to be a load of rubbish so it was great to watch this film and see something a bit different for a change. I would highly recommend this film.