4.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Basic Sketchbook
This is a good quality sketchbook that can withstand wear and tear quite well. It has been very useful for my GCSE Art. The paper is thick enough to watercolour and to use oil pastels with white spirit without any problems. I would recommend this product.
Published on 29 Jan 2010 by E. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable quality sketchbook
Judging by other reviews, i was expecting it to be perfectly suited to my needs, unfortunately the paper is a little bit too rough for detailed pencil drawings. Its well suited for basic sketching with pencil and coloured pencils.
Another small niggle is the fact that many of the pages have small grey flecks on them, NOT good at the price.
A nice sketchbook,...
Published 5 months ago by darich

4.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Basic Sketchbook, 29 Jan 2010
E. Jones "Sirona" (U.K) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great little sketch book, 20 Dec 2011
This review is from: Derwent Big Book A5 Hard Back Sketch Book, Wire Bound Spine, 86 Sheets of Perforated Acid Free 110gsm Paper (Office Product)
I always found it hard to draw well on an A4 sketchbook because my drawings were always so small. But this sketchbook is the best because it has a good, strong front and back cover, my drawings don't show through the white pages, and the pages are easy to turn and the perfect size. If you want an affordable, but good quality sketch book, that's the right size to neatly fit in your bag, then I would recommend this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 5 July 2010
In need of a cheap but quality sketchbook, I browsed all over the internet to see what my options were. I needed something which looked professional but needed it to be practical too and this sketchbook was just an unbelievably great match!

This is a first class sketchbook, I have painted & drenched the pages in water at times and the moisture would not seep through at all. The paper quality is great for all materials, and the hard covers have a nice quality finish.
Also it has a notebook-styled edge which means it is easy to tear out any unwanted pages without making a mess.. Convenient for clumsy artists like me :)

Love it, highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little sketch book., 20 Nov 2012
James W. McCue (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Good, solid, protective cover and the paper is thick enough to use both sides of the paper but not so thick that it feels chunky and clumsy. The paper also has a serrated edge that runs down the side of the spiral wire bound so individual pages can be removed neatly.

It's not much of a fault, but a good tip is to turn the book to use one side at a time (as opposed to having it opened out in front of you) to minimize the amount the spiral wire gets in the way of your hand. If you do this it shouldn't be a problem.

Probably the best sketch book I've ever had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome sketchbook for anything you want it to be!, 20 Feb 2012
I've recently bought this sketchbook for my Ideas Generation class. I don't use it as the usual king of sketchbook, but more like a visual journal, where I can put all my ideas in different forms. It has nice, thick paper, incredible for drawing, but if you make the time to decorate it with more than just pencil, it has a big potential :-) I recommend it to everyone who needs a place to bounce ideas off or just drawing place for doodling :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this book, 13 April 2011
thick paper - Front and back covers are sturdy and almost have a leather effect on them.
Same type of book in a shop would cost so much more!
Very happy with this purchase :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Why buy anything else?, 14 Sep 2013
This sketchbook is far and wide the best I've used in my long years as a hobbyist cartoonist. pencils mark the pages cleanly and clearly with minimal effort and as a result easy to erase without damaging the paper, inks (in terms of mine, Copic Multiliner SPs) show almost no bleed even on erased parts of the paper, colour markers do seem to bleed but only slightly. All round I cannot overstate how pleased I am with these sketchbooks, I'm planning to buy so many more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 18 Jun 2013
The paper is really high quality and the pages can be pulled out without leaving pieces of paper left behind!!

Would recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little book-just what I wanted., 25 May 2013
It's great to find an unlined book for work.
I like to draw rather than write too much.
So this book is fab.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sketchbook., 30 Jan 2013
Chessen (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a really great sketchbook; at first I was using it for practicing drawing manga faces, now I'm sketching in it for an assignment ready for my Uni interview. I will say, the perforations at the edge of the page don't help with removing pages, but it's nice quality paper, great for students.