5.0 out of 5 stars Cigar lighter socket converter
Published on 21 Oct 2011 by Lance Torne

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last long!
Bought last year and used lightly over a 2 week period. Tried using it again this year, and no go! Not built to last!
Published 12 months ago by Anna

5.0 out of 5 stars Cigar lighter socket converter, 21 Oct 2011
This review is from: Ring Automotive RINV300 12V DC / 240V AC 300W Powersource Inverter / Single Socket (Automotive)
I ordered this to use on a yacht in Greece that had only cigar lighter sockets, there were no three-pin or even two-pin sockets on the boat. This adaptor worked well and I was able to charge our iPhones on it and used it plug in a mosquito repeller machine at night. My iPod worked on it too. I haven't tried using it for anything else. I was told I couldn't use it for a travel hairdryer or hair straighteners or anything that gives off heat, so didn't try using those in order to avoid overloading it and potentially ruining something. Overall it worked well for the other appliances and wasn't noisy while in operation, so I'm pleased with it so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased With This Product, 6 Jan 2011
Raymond Worley (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
We used this to power a laptop whilst driving to France (and back) and also to charge phones and i-Pods. Really pleased with the way that it worked. It worked very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars In car 240v power source, 30 Nov 2011
After taking several long journeys where the wifes computer went flat after only an hour or so with the resulting frustration I bought this product and have been delighted with it. We have used it to charge computers,run daughters DVD player and charge various items from phones to video recorders.This is a great product that can be kept under the front seat when not in use.Would highly recommend this item as a must have for travellers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet Little Box, 29 Feb 2012
I was a bit warey about these thinks when I was loooking for one as some reviews had been good and not so good. When I got it i was a bit suprised how small it was, I bought it for use of a small TV while camping which is only 9" wide so I plugged it in the back of the car which has 12v plugs in the boot and it worked the TV fine then tried my notebook again great. Some reviews say the fan is noisy well this one is not, about the same as when your notebook fan cools down. very pleased so for we'll see how it get on over the lakes in spring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit, 17 Jan 2012
I bought this inverter to make up a standby power supply. Well made, leads of good quality and robust, unit well made and operates without any noise. Well satisfied with it and would recommend .

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid quality item but note that it has a noisy fan, 28 May 2011
P. Welton - See all my reviews
I bought this inverter to charge up camcorder batteries in the car using the mains charger. It does this very well and means that I can shoot out of doors for as long as I want.

I have also used it to power a small light to even up the illumination when filming people inside cars - this works, but unfortunately the inverter has a fan which makes too much noise for use when recording sound. The fan only comes on when powering high power items.

However this appears to be a quality item with a metal case that does what it says on the tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great so far!, 4 July 2012
Mr. C. Clifford (Huddersfield, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these for a forthcoming trip to the USA where i will be doing alot of driving and want to charge up my laptop/mobile/camera batteries etc from the cigarette lighter socket

Although im not doing the trip for a few months i decided to do the obvious 'crash' test immediately at home this evening and low and behold it works perfectly. Started the engine plugged it all in, hooked up the laptop and it began to charge just like a normall wall socket. Didnt have the laptop in long enough for the built in fan to kick in but i imagine it will do just as good a job at cooling down the box as a fan on a laptop would do. The 12v cigarette lighter kicks out 180w max but seem as most laptops average around 100w on charge this wont be an issue. If you want more power you will have to hook it up to the battery directly but no biggie as it comes with the colour coded clips and is easy enough to swith over from the cigareete lighter.

The item is quite heavy and mine is coloured gold- not silver as in the picture- but that really doesnt bother me

For 30 quid this is a bargain! yes there is always time for it to prove my high rating wrong but so far so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 8 Jun 2012
Excellent little device. I have it plugged in to my caravan electrics to run the radio and computer from any socket. It alarmed, shut down and then recovered beautifully when I switched on the water heater by mistake. It even switched on its fan to cool itself down before it would start up again.

5.0 out of 5 stars truly great, 1 Dec 2013
great price and such a worthwhile buy , i have used it in my truck since i briught it and has not failed me has run everything i need to run without any problems , would highly recommend this item , value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Ring RINV300W inverter, 28 Sep 2013
I have always used Ring Automotive products whenever they have been available as they do what it says on the box