5.0 out of 5 stars Get a good nights sleep
After trying all the ear plugs on the market i have found these the most effective
at drowning out my husbands snoring i would suggest you trim the length for comfort
Published on 28 Oct. 2011 by cazat96

2.0 out of 5 stars Effective at blocking some noise, but be careful with it
Published on 7 April 2013 by Ianjames

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a good nights sleep, 28 Oct. 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Effective at blocking some noise, but be careful with it, 7 April 2013
Update to the review below (10/12/13) - like another reviewer here, I experienced one of these earplugs falling apart and the plastic "filter" becoming stuck in my ear. I suspect this is because I kept the thing too long - they really do become flimsy after about 6 weeks (not to mention the hygiene issue of taking the same thing in and out of your ear for this period).

If you've slept with a snorer, you'll know you will do anything to block that noise out, and the temptation is to fiddle with the plastic, push the plug in further, make it block out just that bit more noise, but DON'T DO THIS. I did it, and spent a sleepless night trying to get the filter back out. Thankfully, I didn't end up in A and E like the other reviewer.

If you're going to buy these, my advice is: keep the applicator, you will need it if the worst happens, and replace them regularly. Also, if they aint blocking all the noise, then don't be tempted to mess around with them whilst they're in your ear! It may seem obvious, but apparently (in my case) not obvious enough!

Personally, I can't bring myself to put one of these back in and have gone for the silicone earplug option instead.

Original Review follows:
------------------------

I bought these after too many nights trying to squidge those little foam plugs into my ears.

They're made up of two parts - a rubber piece which fits into the ear canal, and a plastic filter that fits into the earpiece. There's also an applicator that you're meant to use to get them in and out of the ear, but I've never needed it, and I don't think you will either.
At first I found these really uncomfortable and couldn't get used to them at all. Turns out the key was to snip a bit off the end of the "tunnel" part of the earplug, into which the plastic filter fits (I don't think I have freakishly small ears, so you may well need to do this as well). There's a little leaflet that shows you how to do this if you need it, but its really not that complicated. Once they're the right size, you don't feel them very much at all.

They come in a fabric pouch, which is quite useful if you're taking them away from home. There are also two sets of filters. It says one is for "high frequency" and one for "low frequency" - thus one set is meant to block out snoring, and another to block out room noise. To be honest, I can't say I've noticed a massive difference, but its good to have the spare set.

These are definitely worth a few quid, if noise is stopping you sleeping. You'll probably get about 1-2 months wear out of them, and then you'll need a new set - after a while they feel a tiny bit flimsier and look rather on the manky side.
They're vastly superior to the foam earplus. You might also consider buying the silicon ones from places like Boots or Superdrug. Those are cheaper than these, but there's more of a feeling of suction in the ear when using them, which can be uncomfortable.
Look around before buying - don't spend over about 6 quid on these, because there are a lot of people selling them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ear plugs, 17 Feb. 2009
Mr. Cj Booth - See all my reviews
This review is from: Q-Zone Noise Reduction Earplugs (Apparel)
with these ear plugs i found them to be excellent at reducing noise. Going to gigs i can wear these and hear the bands play with out my ears ringing. I also play in a heavy metal band and in practice they reduce the noise perfectly for me to hear what is going on. i have never had ringing ears when using these. for the price they are great and why should you complain at this price? They are not designed to cut noise out just let you hear in loud environments clearly while protecting your ears

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet, 27 May 2011
I've tried a lot of earplugs, these are the best, they don't give perfect silence but they muffle sound pretty well, they allow me to block out enough sound to sleep peacefully,(I'm a light sleeper). My last pair lasted six months before the rubber got to worn to work. But considering what you're paying, six months is pretty good, most earplugs don't last more than a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Earplugs I have ever used !!, 22 May 2011
V. A. Tones "Brandyqueen" (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Q-Zone Noise Reduction Earplugs (Apparel)
I have been using these earplugs for years, and have found replacements difficult to get hold of, thanks to Amazon I have bought 3 sets just to make sure. I cannot understand the bad reviews for these earplugs, you need to use the correct 'Filter End' for the noise you are trying to block out. The Correct 'Filter' certainly blocks out the noise of my husband's snoring and has done for years !! You also do not need to push them in to far. The only time I have found them to drop out during the night is when they need cleaning, easy to do with soup and water, or when they are getting to old and stretched, that is the time to replace them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet Zone, 28 Sept. 2011
Brilliant buy, it does what it says on the pack. I'm very happy with my purchase and the service too. Thanks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of money, 29 Mar. 2008
Benjamin J. Lynch (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Q-Zone Noise Reduction Earplugs (Apparel)
Bought these hoping that spending a little more money would provide me with a good quality product. Whilst the packaging and neat little case make things look very well presented, the actual product is useless, I could hear perfectly well with the protectors fully in place.

Certainly wouldn't recommend these.

3.0 out of 5 stars not all good, 9 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Q-Zone Noise Reduction Earplugs (Apparel)
I have used this product with a lot of success however just a word of caution the little yellow part did get loose and dislodged itself from the more softplastic part and got stuck in my ear. The nurse who helped me said she had come across patients who's bits of hearing aid did the same thing. Luckily mine caused no particular damage just minor discomfort and a speedier build up of wax.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 27 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Q-Zone Noise Reduction Earplugs (Apparel)
Having a partner who snores like a trooper, and a puppy who ate my last set of cheap and perfectly effective foam earplugs, sent me on a quest to find replacements. I found these by accident in a very well known department store in London. At £6 for a pair I foolishly assumed they would at least make an effort to block out noise.
Sure enough, than night my partner started snoring so I reached for the cute little case and popped them in. "What the hell?" I thought, had I actually put thm in or were they tangled in my hair! I could still hear absolutely everything.I tried again, yet could still hear my cat purring on the floor! I even tried replacing the little yellow inner bits wih the white ones even though it sad the yellow ones for blocking snoring. Not only did it not help, I'm pretty sure it gave me superhero quality hearing.

Do not buy these if you want to block out noise. On the other hand if you want to be able to hear someone sneezing 3 towns over, these are the plugs for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet Zone ear plugs, 9 July 2012
Mars73 "Mars" (Milton Keynes UK) - See all my reviews
I have suffered from insomnia for years, due to my acute hearing sensitivity which often causes me to wake at the slightest noise.
I have tried a few different ear plugs now and these have been the best so far. There are two types of noise reduction options with the inserts for the ear plug housings.
My house has paper thin walls too, so I often hear my neighbour's moving about.
I have used the white inserts for general noise reduction and they are sufficient enough to block out my financés snoring and also the general hum of electrical noises, that I am usually sensitive to.
I even slept through knocking on my front door. (not such a good thing for the delivery man!)
They are comfortable to wear and stay in all night. The snug soft rubber fits nicely even if you have small inner ears. The inserts are easily snipped with scissors to make the perfect fit too.
Easily cleanable and the small travel pouch is ideal too.
I will be buying a few more for the future, as these are 2/3rd's of the price than in the shops.

Q-Zone Noise Reduction Earplugs