5.0 out of 5 stars Derwent Graphitint 24 pencils
Published on 20 Oct 2009 by Eleanor Mann

3.0 out of 5 stars good, but could be a bit better
they are nice, the look is very good
still, when adding water they behave.. weird :)
not quite coloured, but the intensity of the pigment is the issue I think
they are supposed to give just a tint to the graphit drawing, but it may happen that the graphit disolves completely and you only get some dirty wash
Published 7 months ago by Ioana Sauleac

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Derwent Graphitint 24 pencils, 20 Oct 2009
This review is from: Derwent Graphitint Tin Set of 24 Tinted Watersoluble Graphite Pencils (Office Product)
I was not disappointed with these pencils but I had already tried them out before ordering them. I paint predominantly with watercolour and I am finding them useful as the colours are muted, unlike other watercolour pencils which are too garish for landscapes. I will also be using them to bridge the gap between drawing and painting and have also found that they are good for texture over the top of watercolour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Derwent Graphite Tin 24 pencils, 15 May 2010
Emile Zola "Leza" (East Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Excellent quality, no fancy sharpeners needed, give great drawings and different depths of shadings and an extremely favourable price compared to other sites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Nov 2010
Brilliant pencils, the difference between dry and wet is so great that you almost have 48 colours! Easy to use, beautiful subtle hues when wet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, 16 Jun 2011
These are good, especially for landscapes and other "natural" subjects as the colours, whether wet or dry, reflect more the muted and subtle colours you actually see, rather than the "children's paintbox" range of colours you often get in a set of watercolour pencils.

Having tried to get by with a cheap tin of watercolour pencils while I've been learning the ropes of sketching and painting, I felt now was the time to get something decent. Like another reviewer I really wanted something to bridge the gap between drawing and painting, and specifically something I could take out hiking with me.

Because the range of colours is so good, these are ideal for taking on a walk with me, and now all I take on a trip, even those lasting several days, is these pencils, a brush and sketchbook and for the small scale pictures I do on these occasions these enable me to draw, do line and wash or even a full watercolour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for landscapes., 13 July 2011
These pencils are typical Derwent quality - comfortable diameter, quality wood containing a strong core that sharpens easily and holds a point nicely.

These pencils are a wonderful soft graphite which makes sketching a free, fluid experience - all with a hint of colour. The colours are perfect for landscapes, the muted colours really bring skies, hills, vegetation and water to life. If you add water the pigment stands out a lot more - making each pencil effectively two tools.

I have been creating a background by washing out areas I have shaded, and once dry I have been adding in details etc with the dry pencil.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Graphitint Pencils, 30 Sep 2009
I personally was very pleased with these pencils, they are fine for sketching, the white and greys work well on black paper.
You can use these pencils dry and when you've finished can go over with a wet brush for a good effect. Wet or dry, they are a good buy.Derwent Graphitint Tin 24 Pencils

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, but not archival, 14 Jun 2012
I suppose they are not created to last forever, but one thing to be noted is that a few of the colors will fade dramatically over time if exposed to enough light. The pencils handle well and feel somewhere between graphite and a softer pencil, but harder than Derwent's colorsoft line (which are also very nice). The colors here are very saturated and earthy, almost none of the colors clash together because of this. Great for designing, which is what I use them for, but if you plan on displaying your work check Derwent's website for light-fastness ratings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Limited choice of colours, 25 Nov 2012
I bought these because they were such a good price but I wish now that I had chosen the larger tin because I have had to combine them with my watercolour pencils to complete a picture as the range of colours is limited. They are lovely to use though and contain some really subtle shades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Derwent Graphitint, 20 Jan 2013
A good quality product. I was looking for something to add hints of colour to my graphite drawings, and with these pencils I am able to produce the subtle shades and tones I was hoping for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pencils EVER!, 26 Nov 2012
I cant say enough good things about theses pencils i just love them.
Good as normal pencils and good as watercolours they are very versatile.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›