on 12 December 2008
I have just received this product and am sending it back straight away. I had assumed it would produce bright rainbows by splitting light through a prism, but it is in fact a row of led bulbs which are coloured, reflected from a piece of silver metal. As such, the colours are in 'stripes' not graduated into each other, it is very underpowered and it is very over priced. I think the electronics inside would cost around £2, it is in light white plastic and at £21 it doesn't even come with the 4 AAA batteries required to power it, nor a power cable!
0Comment|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2008
Rainbows are great, especially when you can have one in your room. However, this little piece of kit uses a silver foil mirror and some LEDs to produce a rainbow only in the darkest rooms. In short, it is is very much an under-powered toy. If you think your kids will be skipping under rainbows, think again unless you live in a cave and pitch black is guaranteed.
11 comment|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 June 2010
I bought this for my 6 year old as she loves and we love rainbows. We presumed stupidly it would project a large rainbow onto the wall/ceiling...i think i presumed it would be this good as when i purchased it was £21....We are so dissapointed, i wouldnt even give it 1 star to be honest. It is so flimsy and tacky, the rainbow is barely visible and tiny, and for the whole price it doesnt even come with batteries or an adapter.It says you can buy adapter seperatly.Charming!! I dont think i have ever left a bad review on Amazon before about anything.But for this i just had too.Dont throw your money away, its rubbish....
on 11 October 2010
This product is terrible - u can just about see the rainbow when all the lights are off in the black dark. Im very dispointed and so were the kids.
on 3 January 2009
I was going to buy this for my son for Christmas, but after reading the reviews decided against it. He got bought it as a gift from a relative and I'm so pleased - it's fantastic. He loves it! The rainbow is brighter than I expected (his room is not that dark) and shows a lovely light across the room. Agreed the display is not through the air and only shows on surfaces of the room (wall, ceiling) and I wish it had come with an adapter BUT otherwise, it has been a great gift!
on 5 February 2009
I ordered this for my 4year old daughter who is mad about rainbows. She loves it, although it is a shame it doesn't project a larger image. It is also very light weight and can be easily knocked off the top. But in a dark room the colours are lovely. I wish it had come with an adapter to save on the batteries,otherwise it was a great hit.
on 3 July 2012
Although I was a little bit disappointed with this rainbow projector, my son loves it, I think it is a little bit overpriced for what it is.the projector has 2 options. mode 1: turns on at once and option 2: turns on the rainbow on one color at a time and stays like that until it switches off. I though the colours will change constantly.The projector is more like a night light
on 17 April 2014
Although this does project a rainbow across a room , it is not the Uncle Milton Explore It - Rainbow in my Room as advertised, but is a 'Lucky rainbow projector' which is widely available at a much cheaper price. Shop around! We will be keeping the product as it is for our daughter's birthday tomorrow but are not impressed with the misleading advertising!
on 3 April 2014
I estimate this item is worth about £2 honestly!

It arrived boxed but the ultra cheap plastic has broken off!

Even if it odes work my guess is it would last a few mins in the hands of a child, avoid you are waiting your money!!

Another quality product from our far east friends...
on 8 June 2015
Bought for my niece. My sister was embarrassed to tell me that the rainbow is barely visible, even in a room with black out blinds. Apparently, if held in a certain position (requiring my brother-in-law to be tiptoeing in the doorway) the rainbow was fairly clear, but other than that - rubbish.