4.0 out of 5 stars A mixture of styles!, 22 July 2009
This review is from: Watch The Ride (Audio CD)
I will start off by saying that when I started listening to d&b in the late 90s (back in the day) I saw Zinc as the original junglist and innovator of the beats. Alongside DJ Hype of course.

Now about this mix:

Its quite varied with a few of Zinc's own productions and remixes. It starts off soft and soulful with Jenna G - In Love (Zinc's VIP), but all soon changes as Zinc drops "Break - Run Off". A couple of smooth tracks later we come to one of my fav's "Dope Skillz - Tigers Talkin'" with wobblin bassline that just sticks in you mind. Then onto "High Contrast - If We Ever" for some more melodic d&b. Things get rough for a couple of tracks but again one of my favs "High Contrast - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" lightens things up really nice. So things run soulfully until "Sonic - Contact" comes in with a BANG!!!! Zinc drops a bomb I tell ya.

So to cut this review a bit short. This mix is a performance of different styles, in my view I think Zinc should have kept it more on the breakbeat side. Like a lot of his tracks.

The only complaint I have is that the mix is quite short and easily could have stretched another 10 mins or so but in my view thats up to the label.

Highlights = "Break - Run Off", Dope Skillz - Tigers Talkin'", High Contrast - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida", "Zinc - Goblin", "Commix - Backchat", "Sonic - Contact", "Dope Skillz - Faction".

Oh and of course I am delighted that Zinc included "Super Sharp Shooter" in the mix!

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars love it!, 2 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Watch The Ride (Audio CD)
Its really got a good mix on here and i like the way the cd moves from one track to the next. He mixes a good range of artists which maybe helpful to people looking for other cd's to buy. I have gone on to buy albums by a few of the people represented on this cd. It gets played alot, one for all occasions and ideal for the car !

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant old mix by DJ Zinc!, 6 Feb. 2014
Thomas Coote (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watch The Ride (Audio CD)
I bought this because I head it in a shop and wasn't disappointed by what I got. It's a continuous mix of 24 different styles of drum and bass. It's got some well knows artists included such as High Contrast, Ed Rush and Optical. It also introduced me to some other smaller artists which I enjoyed hearing.

For a CD so cheap I'd say buy it! The replay value is high so your money wont be wasted!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Watch The Ride (Audio CD)
I love this cd good drum and bass I am a big fan of drum and bass this is one of the best cds I have listed to

Watch The Ride
Watch The Ride by DJ Zinc (Audio CD - 2007)