on 4 November 2011
I already had one of these fitted in my boat but the temperature transducer part of it had failed, giving all sorts of unrealistic sea temp reading. The speed transducer continued to work OK. However at this price I decided to change it.
The package came complete with the housing fitment for the boat which I didn't need, and the nerw one dropped in directly in place of the old one. The only thing that needs to be done is to wire it up. I cut back the cable on the new one to about half a metre and cut off the old transducer leaving the old existing wiring in place. It gave me plenty of slack, maybe too much, but better that than too little.
The individual wiring colours are exactly the same between old and new so no issue identifying how it's connected up. I used a simple block connector, and fitted that inside a small waterproof box.
It worked first time with no issue, with both speed and temperature showing correctly at the helm. About 45 mins from start to finish at a relaxed pace.