5.0 out of 5 stars A wartime love story wrapped in holiday greetings
In the midst of war in Afghanistan, Cody Cullen (John Newton, Desperate Housewives)is touched by a lovely card sent by Faith Spelman (Alice Evans, The Chris Isaac Show)from the small, picturesque town of Nevada City, California.
As months pass, the card never leaves his side , giving him the strength to survive and setting him on a mission to find her.
Running...
Published on 16 Dec. 2009 by Diana

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy from This Source
I was really pleased to be able to get this lovely film and it came pretty quickly - I had not realised that it was in an American format and so would not play - I wanted therefore to return it but they said I had to return it to USA - despite the fact that it had been sent to me from an address in Surrey - they were really quite rude - It was obviously not worth my...
Published on 11 Feb. 2013 by Heathcliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars A wartime love story wrapped in holiday greetings, 16 Dec. 2009
Diana (Casteau, Belgium-) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christmas Card [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
Running time: Approx 84 Minutes
Bonus Features:
Edward Asner:A veteran's view
Heart of a Soldier:Actor John Newton
Karene and Jeff:A real-life Christmas card story
How to reach a soldier

5.0 out of 5 stars john newton, 4 Nov. 2010
i loved the christmas card i have watched it time after time never grow tired of the film,love the cast ,john newton is my all time favourite xmas film i hope its on again this year!i can only record it as it is region 1 here in the uk,its 2 .shame i have tryed to buy it but no joy.as i said its a feelgood factor film,i think i fell in love with john newton,silly me ,pity he has not done more films,,barbara j dumbleton london england..

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful film, 2 Oct. 2013
I love this film, a quintessential feel good Christmas story, but am saddened that it is only available for me to see on the television, as it is a Region 1 DVD and not compatible in the UK!! Come on, make a Region 2 version - please???

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tear jerker ever, 28 Mar. 2009
This movie is the best romantic film I have ever seen. I would like to see a follow up of how they were happily married. John Newton should make more romantic movies. Great movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars WHY ARE WE WAITING!!!!!!!!!, 30 April 2014
Mrs. D. Richens "Dawn" (S.Wales) - See all my reviews
As my heading asks, why are we waiting. With a company as big as Amazon I find it amazing that we in the UK cannot purchase this DVD unless we have a special DVD player and Television which is ridiculous. I love this film it's the best Christmas film I have ever seen and I want to purchase it so that I can watch it anytime I want. Please Please Please Amazon get this DVD for region 2, ( I think it is for the UK), there are lots of us out there that want this DVD and I am sure you will sell it like hot cakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming love story, 14 Nov. 2010
This is a lovely human story with a very high 'feel good' factor. If you like to be assured of a 'happy ending' then this movie is for you - though they do keep you guessing pretty much right through to the end. The main characters show warmth, humour and are attractive to watch (John Newton is drop dead gorgeous as the lonely, vulnerable soldier). Even when I did know the ending, I found myself watching this movie over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 13 Nov. 2013
i just love watching this movie,ive actually recorded it on to dvd as they dont sell it for our region2, which i am gutted about.
i look every year to see if they might have changed it but no they never do...
its so romantic, and cristmassy, and i do love an xmas movie...
the story line is so good, starting with a girl sending a card to a sodier in afganistan, then he comes to where she lives...
love it! love it! love it!
please make a copy for region 2 though!
lovely story, lovely movie...

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS CODY CULLEN, 15 Oct. 2012
I am in the Uk and do actually have a multi region player. This movie is my favourite of all time, I have at least 4 copies of it in case something happens and I cant buy another.
It is a beautiful feel good movie, it is extremely moving at the beginning when one of the troops is killed.

Cody Cullen's journey begins after he is sent a christmas card from s woman called Faith.After the guy in his regiment is killed he is given leave,firstly to go see the soldier's widow, then he sets out to find Faith and the beautiful town in which she lives.I wont give the story away as I don't want to spoil it.

I will never every tire of this movie,I have watched it dozens of times, and I have to say I am totally in love with John Newton who plays Cody, how simply gorgeous is he,he's the best looking guy I have ever seen and I am getting on a bit.

A wonderful film I would recommend to everyone and not just at Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Christmas Card., 9 Feb. 2010
Pollyju (Wigan,England.) - See all my reviews
This film is by far the best Christmas film I have seen in many years. It is absolutely a must for your personal collection.It will be a "CLASSIC." When I first saw it I couldn't stop watching it. It is a film you could watch over and over again,and it is based on real life.This U.S.ARMY Regiment is based in Afghanistan,one of the lads gets Christmas Cards from his church back home in the States.He gives it to his Sgt,who hasn't any family.The Sgt. falls in love with the girl who sent it.The Regiment go through a bad time and the Sgt. is ordered home on leave.He goes to find this girl and her family, because they have been his life-line home.When he gets there he has got a problem. Namely the girls boyfriend. Watch the film to find out if the Sgt. get's the girl.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE CHRISTMAS CARD, 11 Feb. 2009
What a lovely story ,about a solider serving in IRAQ WHO receives a card from a member of the public not knowing who the sender was , a really lovely love story one to share with all the family;

Christmas Card [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]