4.0 out of 5 stars Xtreme - it really is
I am only into my 3rd week - and have already started to notice results.
you need to motivate yourself to keep pressing play, and you feel totally buzzed after you are finished!
This assumes some small amount of fitness - not a lot, but if you are obese, or sweat while you eat - you may struggle with this.
If you are new to fitness - this will hurt. The 1st...
Published on 13 Mar 2009 by Irvine Brandy

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong region disc 1
I ordered this product having used insanity for two years which is a fantastic product from beachbody.

When you open the dvd packet it says "start here" with disc 1 but when I put the disc in it said "wrong region". All the other discs are fine.

Having paid GBP 100 from Beachbody I wanted the full product so I sent it back.

The courier...
Published 10 months ago by Nick

4.0 out of 5 stars Xtreme - it really is, 13 Mar 2009
I am only into my 3rd week - and have already started to notice results.
If you are new to fitness - this will hurt. The 1st week was a total killer, and the workouts do exactly that, they WORK you! But Tony Horton advocates "modify if you need to!" - you do not have to keep up with these guys, just do the best you can - something is better than nothing.
I still struggle on the pull-ups and chin-ups to produce anything over 1 or 2.

This DVD does require you to get other equipment - nothing that will break the bank, but you will need them to work out -
Mainly a pull-up bar and dumb bell weights.
They use other things like resistance bands (which may be substituted for the pull up bar and some of the weights) yoga mats, yoga blocks, heart moniter, push up bar etc etc -

I only have the weights and bar, and it is so far seeing me fine.
The one other thing I would add - I think diet with this programme is a big thing, and would certainly recommend trying to make sure you eat healthy.

quite simply -
If you want results and change - and you can make yourself dedicate 1 hour a day - this will get you those results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great , but you must be prepared to commit to it., 1 July 2013
This review is from: Beachbody P90X: Tony Horton's 90-Day Extreme Home Fitness Workout DVD Programme (Sports)
This is a great, fun, well organised plan but I would suggest anyone considering this really investigate it first. To get the results you need to be able to commit the time to it and have a complete set of dumbells or have resistence bands minimum. Its a tough exercise and fitness plan that you must engage with and stick to if you want the results... but if you do its well worth it and very enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great workout, but why the US focus only, 26 Oct 2013
I brought this product about 3 weeks ago and have been very deciplined about following the program from being consistent, following the diet and pressing play every time. I do see good progress.

Having said that, any following or membership or getting on to the forums seems to force you to put in a US address. I live in Singapore and know a bunch of people in India who want to buy and use it. But they cant be a member online coz they do not have any US address. Would have expected Beachbody to have a global reach given that their products sell globally.

4.0 out of 5 stars P90X, 5 Dec 2012
I enjoyed using this product but the first disk wouldn't play because of the "Region Code" so this was very disappointing

4.0 out of 5 stars This is painfull goodness in a box, 14 Dec 2010
P. M. Dalton "unovisions" (england) - See all my reviews
I got the dvd boxset of ebay last year and did try it but gave up as it nearly beat me with its over the top exercising. Yeah I was a quitter, a loser although not in weight sense. I revisited it about a month ago now and am so glad i tried it again. No way do I keep up with those guys on most dvds yet, they are truly fitness gods and I'm getting to a level were I'm comfortable at which is working and I'll build myself up. On the second one the PLYOMETRICS one, this is insane, they barely catch their breath between exercises and really does work you out to the max, sometimes I have to say maybe goes a little too far cause if you make it too painful and too intense it can have an adverse effect of turning you off doing it again which it did for me in the first time I did the dvd last year. This time I simply forward on the repeating the exercises and only do them once over, body gets exercised, I totally feel it the next day but it makes me feel better cause I don't dread it so much and do this one now once a week. I don't do the 3 months solid of this either every day, I simply would soon get bored so I just break the rules and do it 4 times a week, mixing the dvds. I'm eating alot more healthier too, no chocolate or chrisps for me. Feeling already so much better and there was a massive change on my waist line in 2 weeks. I would really recommend it to anyone but be prepared it is probably the ultimate in exercise dvds and can be extremely taxing to begin with. Don't quit like me though just keep in there and do what you are comfy doing and try and enjoy it. That's the hard part balancing it with what you are happy doing but doing it to the degree you feel its working.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1 week and already getting comments about looking good, 14 Jan 2012
I have been using this for a week and already got a few comments from people on looking good! I haven't been able to eat healthy so i eat whatever but less and try and eat a good healthy breakfast at least but yeah this is a great thing i know its expensive but think if you follow this programme and you get brilliant results wouldn't it be worth it ? i know i think it would. the only reason i haven't given it 5 stars is because i haven't done the full programme yet so i can't fully comment but so far so good and I'm having a great time with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - great seller, 22 Jun 2011
Exactly as described. Arrived very quickly. This is an original product in its original packaging. Recommend this product and seller highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 24 Sep 2010
We just love doing the exercises from Tony Horton. Its hard in the beginning, but no pain no gain!
This is not one of those DVD's where the trainer is constantly in your face or keeps shouting at you.
He also gives different kind of variations with examples for beginners and advanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars P90X Extreme Home Fitness with Tony Horton, 14 Sep 2010
This DVD set is excellent value for money and I was impressed with the speed of the delivery service. I've started the exercise programme which has proven to be challenging but fun! I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their body and fitness levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beachbody transformation, 5 Nov 2011
In february 2010 I weighed 20 stone.

I decided enough was enough and ordered Insanity, a product from Beachbody a bit like p90x only more focused on cardio, bodyweight exercises and interval training. I found Insanity very challenging indeed. The workouts are deadly and it was 4 months before I could even attempt one of the Max Insanity workouts and 8 months before I could hit one of the routines with full intensity and survive. let me say again, insanity is hard as hell!

But I lost 3 and 1/2 stone and turned my fitness right around. I went from being a guy who used to eat all the crap of the day and who used to joke about going to the gym and was referred to as 'the athelete' in work in cruel jest to a guy who was accepted by the gym-goers as 'one of there own' even though I never set foot in the gym! People still, 10 months later, comment on how much weight I lost.

But this is a P90x review... 10 months ago I was seriously overweight and unfit. I could not have handled a P90x workout 10 months ago. P90x is the real deal as far as getting ripped and pumped is concerned. It has a much more muscular/ripping/bulking out aspect to it than insanity, (however you will NOT turn into a stumpy excessively chunked body builder on this). I was very close to buying a budget copy of P90x of any retailer who could give me it for less than the asking price of 106. However I took the hit and bought it off Amazon and got a genuine copy. I am very glad I did. When I bought insanity I got it for around 45 from some random retailer. The manuals were not complete and were full of typos, and most importantly all the bonus disks were faulty and would not play properly. The genuine copy you get from here is worth EVERY PENNY. it will work, it has all the content and if its faulty you can return it!! When you consider your grocery shop for a week could hit 100, and you put 70 of fuel in your car this week, it is not much to ask for 100 for P90x which (if you do as it says) will turn your life around! It includes all the workouts, online motivation and diet plans that you need to succeed.

Compared to insanity, the diet plan is better. it contains much more info and several options to suit you, including a 'portion plan option' for people like me who just wanna grab some food and go - a cup of veg, a half cup of chicken, couple ounces of cheese etc or a more complex 'meal plan' approach for folks who like to plan everything and eat exactly what the plan says.

The workouts are intense and challenging. P90x is designed around getting maximum results using supplements. you can do P90x without supplements, but you will suffer more and get slightly less results. I did not use the P90x supplements as you cant get them in the UK yet. I used Berocca for vitamin and S.I.S. REGO for post-workout recovery. I also used For Goodness Shakes for post-workout. These are not essential but do help to cut down on the pain and recovery time for your muscles. I didnt use pure protein supplements as I have a body type that gains muscle well naturally and I have never needed additional protein. You know your own body, go with what you know.

The amazing thing about P90x is IF YOU DO WHAT IS SAYS you will get absolutely amazing results. you will get ripped in 90 days. This will not happen for everybody. Mainly because many people will look at the advised diet and go, 'no, I know better'. Maybe you do... all I can say is if you stick to 90% of the advised meals, 90% of the time you will progress rapidly. P90x achieves half its results by bulking up your body, and half its results by ripping the fat off you. if you dont follow a good diet you will get fitter and stronger, but noone will know coz you'll still be fat!!

Finally I would say consider what your immediate goals are before choosing this over Insanity. Insanity will get you 'fitter' (cardiovascularly,endurance-wise and I think you will lose more weight on Insanity. P90x will turn you into a machine, giving you muscle growth and ripping you right down to the pure, sexy muscle. For a fat guy like me (20 stone) Insanity, then P90x was the way to go. Good luck and stick with it.