4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for small babies

Published on 10 Aug. 2010 by jo.va

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for small babies, 3 Feb. 2009
J. Piper "Jenni75" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Aquarium Bath Tub (Baby Product)
We bought this for our baby because she kept slipping from her bath seat. I'd definitely recommend it for small babies as the hammock keeps them secure and makes it easy to wash them and their hair - though not so easy to get under their neck because of the way their head is held. However, when we put the foot end of the hammock on the lowest setting as our baby grew she seemed to wriggle down quite a lot. What we didn't realise is that the plastic ledge in the bath was pressing into her back which was obviously uncomfortable for her. So, excellent for smaller babies and when they can sit up in the wider section but not so great for the in between stage.

5.0 out of 5 stars great bath, 11 Mar. 2009
Agatha (Maidenhead, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Aquarium Bath Tub (Baby Product)
This bath centre is the third one I have tried and the best one so far. I bought it for my little girl when she was only few weeks old and we both liked it from the very beggining. Firstly, it has a lovely hammock for when your baby is very small, it is safe and secure and you are hands free to play with your baby or wash her slowly and thoroughly. It really works, me and my baby have never had any accidents in a bath while using this hammock, always pleasant experience.
Once your baby is big enough to sit up you may remove the hammock - the bath is still safe due to a non slippery bottom, although my baby is still a little wobbly in a bath her bum always stays in a place!
The bath is just right size - big enough to put lots bath toys and still small enough to use it in a normal bath tub.
Buying this product gave me and my baby chance to spend some lovely time every night together , bath time is always enjoyable experience for my baby and stress-free one for me. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Bath Times, 12 May 2010
Mrs. Kerrie S. Hall (Middlesex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Aquarium Bath Tub (Baby Product)
I purchased this for my sister-in-law's new baby. He was premature and still a very tiny 5 lb when he came home from hospital. He hated baths whilst in hospital but absolutely loves the Aquarium Bath Tub. The hammock is perfect, holding him securely and making him feel safe and making bathtime a pleasure rather than a trauma!!

3.0 out of 5 stars received a different bath tub, 10 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Aquarium Bath Tub (Baby Product)
Although the bath tub arrived in time and well packed, I wasnt pleased though because it was not the one on the picture. , had the hammock but not the infant head support ( as shown on the picture). a different tub (plus the color),, different hammock (hammock was deeper when secured and the prints were different); definitely not the one on the picture; and not the one i thought i ordered (and wanted).

5.0 out of 5 stars best bath for baby, 3 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Aquarium Bath Tub (Baby Product)
When i had my 1st child bathtimes were difficult with having to old him and try and wash him with one hand. When i had my 2nd child i opted for this bath, i was NOT dissappointed. My daughter loved it, it was comfortable, left me with 2 hands to bath her and had a temperature indicator fitted into the bath. Not a bad word to say, i have recommended this bath to lots people :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Over-rated and overpriced!, 10 April 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Aquarium Bath Tub (Baby Product)
I bought this as i thought the concept was great, but in reality its not very good at all. While the hammock appealed to me as a first time mam, I found that the baby got so cold sitting in the hammock and was really only possible to wash his front well, the middle part also was digging into his back. I found that the middle divider also hinders the water from mixing well in the bath, which can be dangerous if adding cold and hot water seperatly.
In hindsight its way to expensive for a baby bath, and the depth of the bath is way shallower than most other cheaper baths on the market.
Personally feel that I should have bought a cheaper bath and purchased a baby bath support seperatly which would have worked out way cheaper and lasted longer. Only used this a few times, before buying a tummy tub(highly recommended). Would not recemmonded this at all, please dont fall for the hype and price like I did. Check out any parenting websites at the moment and you will see these baths mentioned in the 'what not to buy' section.

5.0 out of 5 stars baby accesories, 21 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Aquarium Bath Tub (Baby Product)
have not used myself as it was bought for our great grandchild, but our grandaughter thinks its great, its her first baby and she was worried about bath time, this takes all the worry out of baby slipping would recommend highly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awkward for baby, 21 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Aquarium Bath Tub (Baby Product)
I recieved this as a gift and would have returned it to a store if able.

I found it very difficult to wash baby in this tub and impossible really to reach his back. You can reach under the fabric insert and kind of rub from this angle but removing soap is not very effective with the mesh in the way.

The baby didn't like lying on his back on the flimsy fabric which swayed or moved too easily. Also when he was heavier his back would sag and hit a protruding bit of plastic which formed the seat of the bathtub. The baby was nervous in the fabric insert and constantly tried to sit up or adjust himself although to me it seemed like he wanted to escape.

Baby had no interest in playing with the clip attached.

The bathtub without the fabric insert was equally uncomfortable for baby as there is not a ton of support in the seating area and he tended to slip even though the seat itself has some foam. I have seen infant tubs that are angled and give more total body support than this one at a much nicer price and would recommend that the prospective purchaser shop around before settling on this one.

The bathtub is big and bulky and heavy when filled. I struggled to put this baby bathtub into my regular bathtub as my tub has an angled bottom to it and I wound up having to bathe baby on the floor and I did not appreciate all of the bending and such. Draining the tub is also a bit of a pain because once filled, you have to lift it off of the floor and into the tub before pulling the plug. Beware for baby pooping in the tub specifically the fabric portion as pooping has happened to me on occasion and I had no fun cleaning the fabric insert.

If I had to purchase another product for an infant, I'd look into a kitchen sink bathtub insert for when baby is really small, or a changing mat type of attachment so that baby can be bathed or cleaned at every nappy change as the black sludge one encounters can be a bit messy.

5.0 out of 5 stars One year down, 23 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Fisher-Price Aquarium Bath Tub (Baby Product)
My baby loves this bath centre. His love for water began with this bath tub. It is a very handy tub and quite a few of our friends have received this a gifts from us.