4.0 out of 5 stars Great Lock
I really was pleased when i received this lock.
It's a decent piece of equipment, well made, strong & the flexible wire makes it very easy to fit to your luggage... the only problem was the TSA official who searched my bag (while travelling in the US) also liked it, because after checking my bag he somehow forgot to re-fit the lock onto it!
Published on 8 July 2008 by Daniel

1.0 out of 5 stars very difficult to set combination
there is a tiny spring-loaded button on the side that requires you to push it in with a pen tip or match whilst you rotate the three numbers - i found it impossibly fiddly and when it slipped from my grasp it had set a combination that i couldn't retrieve to open it and try again - maybe i'm just ham-fisted
Published 9 months ago by moz

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Lock, 8 July 2008
Daniel (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pacsafe ProSafe 800 TSA Dial Cable Lock (Apparel)
I really was pleased when i received this lock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, does the job, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Pacsafe ProSafe 800 TSA Dial Cable Lock (Apparel)
Easy to set up, easy to fasten and unfasten (- not all of them are). It's only been lightly used so far, but I'm very happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars very difficult to set combination, 2 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Pacsafe ProSafe 800 TSA Dial Cable Lock (Apparel)
Replacement for the one I lost. Works well and is reliable for the size. Good price and would buy again

4.0 out of 5 stars Holiday fun, 26 Oct 2012
2GOS (Harpenden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pacsafe ProSafe 800 TSA Dial Cable Lock (Apparel)
As a family we have ruck sacks and holdalls. These are perfect. No keys, not too big and heavy. Above all secure. Perfect!

4.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT LITTLE LOCK BUT...., 18 May 2011
DOPPLEGANGER (TEDDY B) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pacsafe ProSafe 800 TSA Dial Cable Lock (Apparel)
....the lining up of your chosen sequence of the release code, is a fiddly job needing absolute precise positioning of the cogs in order to reopen. The precision required is a bit too fine resulting in it taking a few minutes getting it exactly right, which when you have arrived at your vacation destination or back home, tired and itching to get unpacked can be a bit annoying.

That relatively minor gripe aside, and accepting that if an accomplished thief is intent on getting into your bags no lock is going to stop him, this is a very good deterrent lock against the 'casual' opportunist sneak thief often encountered whilst travelling. It is strong, small, attractively designed, and it will fit almost any (if not all) locking mechanisms found on luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nifty idea, 15 Mar 2013
C. Sinclair (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pacsafe ProSafe 800 TSA Dial Cable Lock (Apparel)
I recently had a keyring break on me and almost lost my keys. I searched for a robust keyring that I could attach to my belt, or keep in my pocket.

My wife came up with the idea of this lock. It's small enough for pockets and is secure. I can also attach to other things if needed (for security). I guess I could also use it for it's intended purpose on a suitcase.

I've had several Pacsafe products and never had a problem with quality. The combination seems very well made and has a one way option - ideal for blind or partially sighted people.

Would I buy another one - yes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favour and avoid this lock!, 27 April 2011
Harvey Smith (South Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pacsafe ProSafe 800 TSA Dial Cable Lock (Apparel)
Whilst I can't argue with the other reviewers comments regarding how well this lock is made, I will strongly urge you to err on the side of caution and take your chances with a different lock.
I have just used this exact lock whilst travelling in Cuba and although it may stop your chambermaid going through your belongings, it certainly won't stop dodgy customs officials and baggage handlers - especially those that possess the magic key that can open these combination locks.
On returning to Heathrow, my 'Prosafe 800' lock had been removed, my baggage rifled through and everything of value removed. I now face a lengthy battle with my insurance company and the airline (Iberia) to recieve some sort of recompense for this theft.
Customs officials and baggage handlers must rub their hands with glee at the sight of these little silver 'invitations'...

Pacsafe ProSafe 800 TSA Dial Cable Lock