4.0 out of 5 stars cheap and does the job
My laptop doesn't have a CF card reader in it, so I needed something to transfer my photos from my Canon EOS 400D to my laptop, so when I saw this I thought I'd give it a go.

Published on 23 April 2009 by Scott Robson

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea- very unreliable
Published on 25 April 2009 by M. CHARMAN

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea- very unreliable, 25 April 2009
M. CHARMAN (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader (Electronics)
The first reader I had was dead on arrival "USB device not recognised", and the seller refused to replace it. I tried again from a different retailer, and the device worked great.... for a short while. Just over one month later and it died - probably used for no more than 2 hours in total. Very disappointed. I have a Trust card reader - a bit bigger - bought in Asda, and after almost a year it's still going strong, so I ended up buying a second for my camera bag. Not as compact, but at least I know it will stay working.

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap and does the job, 23 April 2009
This review is from: Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader (Electronics)

Okay, build quality isn't brilliant, so I'm not sure how long it'll last, but for a little more than 2 I have a small, light, portable and simple CF card reader that works. It worked straight away on my Sony Vaio (with Vista OS) and I've had no problems.

Like I say, I'm sure it won't last too long, given the build quality, but for 2, who's complaining...when it breaks, I'll buy another one.

It does what it says on the tin.

1.0 out of 5 stars Single slot cf reader, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader (Electronics)
The single slot CF reader worked fine first time,until I extracted my memory card from it. I noticed that some of the pins in the slot of the cf reader had become elongated. The next time I tried it, the long pins became bent, rendering the item useless.I complained to Javelin and received an email back offering two options. Firstly I could send it back and I paid the postage- as the item only cost 3 odd I did not consider this a good proposition.No address or telephone number were offered.Secondly I could get in touch with manufacturer and try to get a replacement. Once again , no address or telephone or telephone number were offered.I know this item didn't cost much but it's the principle of the thing , especially the fact that no contact details were given for both options. Yours faithfully ...GK Bailey

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Device, 26 Nov 2010
This review is from: Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader (Electronics)
This is a poor quality device. CF cards will not fit in it correctly without pushing the card every direction. I wouldn't recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant small and compact, 20 Jan 2009
Karl Grocock (Luton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader (Electronics)
Fantastic small device - works immediately - recognised on both XP and vista machines. Can't imagine how the device can get any smaller so wonderful to keep with my camera (just in case)

1.0 out of 5 stars USELESS CARD READER DAMAGES CARDS, 2 Oct 2010
This review is from: Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader (Electronics)
I wanted this one a more portable and back up for my SanDISK (which has none of these problems)
So I opted for this CHEAP (and as it turns out NASTY) reader.

I have bought two of these form the same Co., who insist these readers are okay.

However in an email to me they state a round 1% are faulty (what apaulling QC), it COULD BE YOU ! NEXT!

They would not refund my money when the first one was faulty, so I thought benefit of the doubt, I would have another try with it: WHAT A MISTAKE !!!!

It has damaged my card as judged by a photographic shop manager with 35 years experience.

I don't recommend you put your valuable card in these type of card readers as they allow the card to move when inserted and used and doe not line up the card and the pin correctly. Pleas be careful.

FYI : I have never bothered so send a review in before and I am still fuming at both this Co. attitude (IT IS NOW TOO LATE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK: SHAME: i would have to given the CO., and the product, less than to 1 STAR. They should have a no STAR option too.

Yes it was my stupidity at buying SUCH RUBBISH but check the web for similar experiences: I HAVE DESTROYED a 120 card using THIS RUBBISH and INHERITANTLY FAULTY CARD READER.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this - really!, 9 May 2013
H Measures - See all my reviews
This review is from: Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader (Electronics)
I used it for a couple of transfers, nothing silly. Also to put Magic Lantern on my 50d (don't do that, either). Due to the fact that it's just a hollow case and isn't made to fit a CF card you have to mega careful placing the card in there, one thing I forgot after a days shoot. Put it in forgetting how delicate you need to be and before I knew it there's a pin snapped off and jammed in my Sandisk card, rendering it useless. Total piece of s***e! Don't bother with it, you get what you pay for, and in my case a broken 30 card with a load of photos stuck on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars False economy in my experience., 7 April 2013
This review is from: Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader (Electronics)
My experience with this product is that you get what you pay for: one of the pins bent, which damaged the cf card, which in turn short circuited my camera and blew the main fuse. Cue expensive repair.
Perhaps I should have checked the cf card more thoroughly in between uses, but I haven't had the problem happen before.
Use with caution and it may well be fine, but I won't be buying again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for laptop use, 28 Feb 2014
A. Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader (Electronics)
CF cards are now being replaced by SD ones, yet I happen to have the Canon 7D. And that is where this lightweight adapter comes handy. This is USB2, so transfer speeds are limited, yet at this price I really cannot fault it.

If you are a patient person, this USB adapter will not disappoint.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, 1 April 2013
Mr. G. Sawyer (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader (Electronics)
Broke mine on the first use, I bent the pins in the unit on inserting the CF card. Rough as you like. Avoid.

Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader