This review is for the Buckingham Deep Induction Stock Pot. Most of my comments are contained in the accompanying video review, however I have briefly summarised them below.

THINGS THAT I LIKED ABOUT THIS STOCK POT:
* I have just had an induction hob installed in my kitchen and have had to throw a lot of my old pots and pans away as they weren't suitable. This stock pot is suitable for all cooker types, including induction

* It holds a huge amount of liquid (up to 11 litres). It is plenty big enough for making large batches of soup, stock, stews, pasta etc

* It is made from stainless steel so it is easy to keep clean and it looks great whilst in use on the cooker

* The base is very thick, probably almost a centimeter. This really helps to stop food burning on the base of the pot.

* The handles are comfortable to hold and rivetted firmly in place; they are not going to work loose as has happened with some poorer quality stock pots I have purchased in the past

* It comes with a clear glass lid which I love as it means I can keep an eye on what is going on inside the pan whilst things are cooking

* It is easy to wash in hot soapy water. It can go in the dishwasher but it is a bit on the large side. I just soak it immediately after use and give it a quick clean. It always comes up looking as good as new.

THINGS THAT I WASN'T SO KEEN ON:
* The main body of the stock pot i.e. the sides are plenty sturdy enough but they don't feel very thick. Other stainless steel stock pots I have owned have had much thicker sides. Having said that, I have bashed this about a bit and there are no signs of denting.

* I am quite short (5 foot) and because it is so tall I have to stand on tip-toe sometimes to give things inside a good stir

* Because it is so large, when it is full it is pretty heavy to lift off the hob.

OVERALL CONCLUSION:
I am pleased that I purchased this stock pot; it is huge and I use it to make so many different dishes. The added bonus is that it is suitable for induction hobs.
44 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2010
Sides are a bit thin, but the base is nice and thick, which is paramount for the purpose that I bought this product for...
Namely, to make enough Scotch Broth to last myself a month... Scotch Broth has to simmered for a long time and other pots that I have bought resulted in the soup being burnt or scorched at the centre of the bottom of the pot when used on a low heat setting on my gas cooker.
Even at low heat gas cooker settings (for simmering), the "heat spread" of this product was even across the entire base resulting in a great pot of soup.

Packaging and delivery was first class, it was delivered the day before the first date specified.
on 24 December 2009
perfect for boiling the Xmas ham. Stainless steel well polished but does seem quite thin although the sandwiched base is thick. Well packaged for delivery which was on the first day of the possible delivery window.
on 19 May 2010
i bought this 10.5 ltr stockpot for my winemaking and beer making hobby, and it is ideal for my purposes.
it is very well made and for the price you cannot go wrong it should last for years to come if well looked after. highly recommended.
mr.n.k.campbell
on 4 January 2011
A well priced product,good quality and size.Very handy for Xmas ham , etc.Not too heavy when full. Works on my induction hob!!!!!!Knob on lid a little too small, minor quibble.
on 19 April 2012
Superb product and great value for money. Easy to clean after use and, even when full, easy to manoeuver round the kitchen. Thanks to previous reviewers for their help in the purchase decision and I would gladly add my endorsement.
on 5 April 2010
well pleased with the buckingham deep stock pot.loads of capacity well designed looks great in the kitchen,olso like the glass see through lid,takes all the guese work out as to whats going on inside.would fully recomend this product
on 10 June 2013
I bought this stoick pot as a gift for a friend who was moving house and having an induction hob installed. She was thrilled with it and reports that it is very good to use.
on 29 October 2013
This saucepan has been in constant use since I bought it in September. I use it to make large batches of soup on a gas cooker. The soup cooks evenly with no sticking or burning. The handles are solidly riveted and do not get hot. The knob on the lid can get a bit hot if the soup has been cooking for a very long time but does not usually do so. The pan is easily cleaned and is wearing well.
A really useful feature is the quantity markings in litres on the inside of the saucepan.
on 14 January 2013
the pot works, although seems a bit thin on the sides. since we are using it at home, it serves its purpose. price is great.