5.0 out of 5 stars grass feed
excellent product, my lawn is now like a bowling green with dark grass and no more moss or weeds.
Published on 12 Jun 2009 by James Devlin

3.0 out of 5 stars Works
It is effective but I found that it doesn't go very far - you have to put on much more than is suggested to really make an impact.

As such this becomes a rather expensive product.

Poor value.
Published 6 months ago by Biff

5.0 out of 5 stars grass feed, 12 Jun 2009
James Devlin "jim devlin" (glass huntly,scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EverGreen Complete 100 sq m Lawn Food, Weed and Moss Killer Spreader (Garden & Outdoors)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, really works, 16 July 2011
I've used this twice now and I'm very pleased with the results. This is my first year in my new house and the lawn has clearly been neglected over the years, full of weeds, moss and daisies. Just one application knocked out all the daisies and got to grips with a lot of the moss, while promoting really luxurious green growth of the grass itself. I mowed it after a couple of weeks and got twice as much off it as I did before applying the Evergreen.
Just make sure you apply it as evenly as possible or you get stripes, and make sure you time it so it's applied just before it rains so the fertiliser gets well watered in. My lawn is only small, approx 100 square meters, and that is the coverage area of this size container of Evergreen. It takes no more than 3 minutes to apply to that size of lawn, just walking briskly up and down the lawn scattering as you go, it could not be easier. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 23 Jun 2010
Excellent Product!! Does what it says on the tin. My lawn in like a football pitch

4.0 out of 5 stars Evergreen Care for Lawn, 18 Mar 2011
Lisa Mom of 1 (Sometimes England, sometimes Michigan) - See all my reviews
I bought this product because my lawn looks terrible this year. A few years ago we used this product and our lawn resulted in a lush green, fluffy appearance that year. Since, the lawn has deteriorated, due to lack of lawn care on my part. A week ago I used Evergreen Complete. I can see black patches where the weeds were most prominant, so it's doing it job. There are a few black patches where I accidentally poured too much in one spot, so yes, it can harm your grass if too much is applied to one area. Just use this with the attitude that less is more and literally sprinkle it lightly and evenly all over. I have no complaints, the product is doing what it says. I might try a spreader next year.

Smell:
Yes it smells for a few days, you expect this with a fertilizer

Use:
easy to sprinkle

Health Issues:
Says it's safe for pets and animals, but when you read the back of the product it says keep children and pets away, as it's harmful. Not a problem though, we just have stayed off the grass for a week now. My chest also felt a bit heavy in the evening after I applied this, but it passed as quickly as it came.

Effectiveness:
Seems to be killing the weeds. It looks like the new weed growth is coming through the dead stuff though. Giving the product the benefit of the doubt since it's only been a week since I applied it, I'm going to give it time to see what it does and perhaps come back and update my review.

Rating:
4 stars, only because if you do over sprinkle in some areas, it will kill your grass. That's not a big concern though because grass grows back.

It's trial and error with his product. I would say don't apply it and then go over the area again with leftovers! Just apply once, seriously, if you are eager and overgenerous, your grass will die with the weeds. Thankfully grass could surive a nuclear war! It always comes back!

Good luck on your lawn

UPDATE 7/1/2012
I just wanted to come back to update this review. In the end, we applied this twice over the course of 8 weeks. It did kill many of the weeds, but the harder ones (like clover) just kept coming back. If you do gardening, you'll find their seed clusters in your borders just waiting to come up and they keep spreading and spreading. We finally got a grass consult by a local lawn company. They said they would come in 4x per year to spray and fertilize with the good chemicals that you can't buy over the counter. Plus they recommended using an electric rake on the grass. They were going to do our rather large English lawn for £80.00, plus £20.00 to "over" seed with grass seed, to help push out the weed, plus spray regularily. We bought an electric rake and lots of grass seed and lots of compost to cover the seed with a thin layer to keep the birds away and we over-seeded our lawn and it kicked weeds arse! Our grass is lush. We did ask the lawn company to come and spray 4x per year and for what we spent on grass seed and weed killer last summer, it's a worthy investment. We are lawn proud people, so green, weed-free grass is important to me especially!

4.0 out of 5 stars Certainly improved the lawn, 12 May 2014
Marand (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
We used this in the garden of a temporary rental property - we were only going to be there for a few months but the sight of a threadbare lawn, with more weeds than grass, was too depressing in the summer. There wasn't much improvement after the first treatment but after the second treatment a couple of weeks later there was a marked difference. By the time we left the house a few months down the line the lawn was a healthy green colour with virtually no weeds - a far cry from what we inherited. We were so impressed that we used it again on the lawn in our new home which needed some rejuvenation and which was infested with dandelions. It took several goes but there is no doubt the lawn was improved.

You do need to be a bit careful as you need to distribute the mix evenly. If you don't do this you get patches of good growth that just highlight the weak grass. You need to walk at a brisk pace up and down the garden spreading the mix as you go. That said I think it is easier to get a broad coverage with this product than with the rolling type spreaders which in my experience always leave a striped effect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stuff, 2 Oct 2013
I have weeds, moss and patchy grass and this stuff is brilliant. You will need to dig out the big weeds but I have to say that within a month my grass looks so much healthier, after only 2 applications. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more moss!, 13 Jun 2010
A great product. No more moss. What's more the top of the container comes off so you can refill it! Don't throw it away.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, 2 Jun 2014
Biff - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

As such this becomes a rather expensive product.

Poor value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lawn Food Really Made a Difference, 30 May 2014
Arrived on time and well packaged. Applied during showery conditions to the front and back lawns, using up all of the contents. One week later the difference is remarkable, lush deep green grass with virtually no weeds. Great reward for minimal effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 4 May 2013
i use this 2 twice a year to help my lawn stay green and moss and weed free does what it says just make sure its been a dry day first then use it then water your lawn to let the product soak into the soil then wait a week job done!