5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
Published on 27 April 2009 by englishheather

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick however with minor imperfections
Pros:
The flask keeps the drink really hot for long periods of time. I always 'pre-heat' the flask with boiling water half an hour before using it, which seems to keep the liquid hotter longer.
The size of the flask is very convenient to be put in a small bag or backpack and taken to with you where you want to go. It contains a generous mug of liquid, which...
Published on 24 Mar. 2011 by A. Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 27 April 2009
englishheather (Stevenage, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Thermos Thermocafe Stainless Steel Flask - 350 ml (Kitchen & Home)
I used this flask for the first time yesterday and was amazed when the coffee was piping hot and steaming 6 hours after I made it - and I had added cold milk. Even when we got home 4 hours later it was drinkable. As my husband and I have different tastes his BLACK coffee was in a different flask - a 'Hi Gear' stainless steel flask with an OUTER JACKET. His coffee was only just drinkable after 6 hours. So there you go - it pays to stick to a genuine Thermos flask!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price - Good product., 12 July 2010
Mr. T. Abbas "t_abb" (London - UK) - See all my reviews
A nice looking flask.No silvery glass inside, just metal.

Lets get down to it.....test...

Saturday noon - filled with boiling water.
3 hours later - opened it, still at boiling temperature.

I then forgot about it till this morning 7.00am - 19 hours later.
Opened it - still very hot.Could only leave my finger in for a second.

Not much more I can say.Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Good quality., 7 April 2009
P. H. Chan - See all my reviews
The product arrived well packaged. It's a simple flask, no fancy lid, easy to clean. Excellent at keeping temperature of the drink. Good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flask, 9 Feb. 2010
M. Aspin - See all my reviews
This flask takes a whole tin of soup so excellent for lunches, it keeps the heat in so well my kids actually complained that their soup was too hot after it being in the flask for nearly 5 hours. Very neat size - absolutely great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot!, 9 Nov. 2010
M. J. LUDGATE "Inverse Parity of Tastes" (Taunton, England) - See all my reviews
This is my 2nd Thermos in recent years, previously owned the plastic/foam microwave one (didn't fit in any standard microwave...), this doesn't make me look like Timmy (South Park) or like I'm transporting man juice under cryogenic storage. It's stylish without being over-engineered; Sleek brushed aluminium sits well in a gloved hand walking to work. I use mine for soup, this is perfect at holding a standard size can, filled before 8am, consumed after 1pm when it's still too hot to drink (pour into cap and wait a min or two). The stopper is a bit odd, as the 2 pouring indicators are matched by 4 actual pouring gaps in the thread (not for soup though, duh) The cap is awkward to get in at first, seemingly sitting cross-thread but this seems to resolve itself quickly. Rubber seal is a curious 'c' shape that sits with the cavity against the stopper, but when it breaks the units barely more than a fiver.

To the reviews that talk of warm stopper, I'd recommend (as per instruction) not filling to max. capacity or returning the unit, I've found the stopper doesn't take on any heat.

The cap/cup isn't heat shielded to the same extent, and provides a comfortable heat from the drink (possibly not so great for younger kids) as the unit is slim-line, the cup too is diminutive and good for 4 full cups to empty the flask.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stayed hot for HOURS!!, 25 Jan. 2009
Helen Sanders ""I am not over weight, I a... (Chichester, England) - See all my reviews
I brought one of these in June last year, to take with me for Goodwood Festival of Speed/Revival Meeting.

I was making the flask up at 6am and the water was still hot at 8pm.

The flask is also very sterdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flask, 23 Nov. 2009
Mr. Sj Smart - See all my reviews
This flask is great value for money. Looks sleek and keeps hot drinks and soups at a good temperature for at least 10 hours. Nice and sturdy. The only down side is the mouth could be slightly larger for when pouring in soups, but thats just being very picky. I would recommend this highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars insulation capability only lasts 3 to 4 months!, 21 July 2009
I've bought 4 to use on our traditional wooden sailing boat in Madagascar. Not only does it keep tea and coffee nice and warm but it withstands knocks and being banged around in rougher seas without breaking!

Well, a few months down the line I can tell you it was too good to be true. All 4 Thermos lost their insulation capability. I brought them back to the UK, sent them back to amazon who, after a few hick ups sent me some new ones.
Same scenario, first 4 months brilliant, and then the same thing happened. No idea why? And it happened to all of them at roughly the same time. They do not keep warm anymore and burn your fingers when holding after you have just poured a hot coffee or tea in them.

My rating drops down to zero, but it looks like I can't change it anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thermos Thermocafe, 8 Mar. 2009
Mr. Roger A. Poole "Plantsman" (Swansea South Wales UK) - See all my reviews
The choice from Amazon was incredible. I was looking for a stainless steel model that did not have a glass inner and was robust in structure. This model more than fulfilled these options.It is lightweight and keeps hot liquid very warm for at least 8 hours. Delivery was fantastic, it was delivered the day after ordering.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing heat retention!, 31 Mar. 2010
bought this as a gift and its a perfect size for a cup of coffee to take away and keeps the coffee amazingly warm even when its opened several times! truly amazing :D

Thermos Thermocafe Stainless Steel Flask - 350 ml