5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
Published on 27 April 2009 by englishheather

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Thermos
Instead of a branded Thermos, I received a cheap, generic flask in a plain box (I bought one from Tesco the same day - 'Thermos' is printed all over the flask and box with the genuine version!). Amazon were quick to respond to my refund request, but they should try and install a more stringent method of checking what their sellers are doing.
It's the inconvenience...
Published on 11 May 2011 by D. Barber

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 27 April 2009
englishheather (Stevenage, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I used this flask for the first time yesterday and was amazed when the coffee was piping hot and steaming 6 hours after I made it - and I had added cold milk. Even when we got home 4 hours later it was drinkable. As my husband and I have different tastes his BLACK coffee was in a different flask - a 'Hi Gear' stainless steel flask with an OUTER JACKET. His coffee was only just drinkable after 6 hours. So there you go - it pays to stick to a genuine Thermos flask!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price - Good product., 12 July 2010
Mr. T. Abbas "t_abb" (London - UK) - See all my reviews
A nice looking flask.No silvery glass inside, just metal.

Lets get down to it.....test...

Saturday noon - filled with boiling water.
3 hours later - opened it, still at boiling temperature.

I then forgot about it till this morning 7.00am - 19 hours later.
Opened it - still very hot.Could only leave my finger in for a second.

Not much more I can say.Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Good quality., 7 April 2009
P. H. Chan - See all my reviews
The product arrived well packaged. It's a simple flask, no fancy lid, easy to clean. Excellent at keeping temperature of the drink. Good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stayed hot for HOURS!!, 25 Jan 2009
Helen Sanders ""I am not over weight, I a... (Chichester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thermos Thermocafe Stainless Steel Flask, 1.0l (Kitchen & Home)
I brought one of these in June last year, to take with me for Goodwood Festival of Speed/Revival Meeting.

I was making the flask up at 6am and the water was still hot at 8pm.

The flask is also very sterdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flask, 9 Feb 2010
M. Aspin - See all my reviews
This flask takes a whole tin of soup so excellent for lunches, it keeps the heat in so well my kids actually complained that their soup was too hot after it being in the flask for nearly 5 hours. Very neat size - absolutely great.

5.0 out of 5 stars great slim design holds a mug full, 28 Mar 2010
light (brighton) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I got this for my 14 year old so she could take hot chocolate to school for lunch/break. We didn't want a big flask - she needed something that was small and slim to fit in her schoolbag and this fitted the bill. The flask is actually slimmer than it looks in the photo, is about 20cm tall and holds a mug full of drink comfortably. The lid obviously is rather small but my child likes that.

The flask also looks stylish in stainless steel and i have found it easy to cleanout. It is pretty robust as it is made of a double steel shell, but is light. It is also very efficient at keeping drinks hot. I fill the flask (after warming with boiling water)with hot milk and drinking chocolate powder at around 7.30 each morning and it is still piping hot at 1.20 lunch and any leftovers are still hot when I empty and clean at around 4.30 pm.

A really good buy for us - my daughter is very popular with her friends who all want to share a cup of hot chocolate now!

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY NOW!, 13 Nov 2010
I LOVE THIS FLASK!

I used to buy coffee at University at break time. Now i make my own coffee before i leave for class. Believe it or not it saves time from not standing in the queue + saves money at least 2 per day from not buying coffee in the cafe. Even when i am at home studying i can just fill the flask of whatever hot drink i like and it will save time by not going back and forward to the kitchen to make drinks + it saves money from not boiling the kettle every 5 minutes.

Also, this flask has a twist and pour stopper - which is far superior to the vacuum push and pour stopper. Twist and pour stoppers are easy to clean where as the vacuum push and pour stoppers are not good for cleaning. I had one and used it twice before throwing it in the bin since the push and pour stopper harboured bacteria - not good!

My advice is BUY THE FLASK NOW! Stop hesitating its a great investment it will pay for its self in a couple of weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars insulation capability only lasts 3 to 4 months!, 21 July 2009
I've bought 4 to use on our traditional wooden sailing boat in Madagascar. Not only does it keep tea and coffee nice and warm but it withstands knocks and being banged around in rougher seas without breaking!

Well, a few months down the line I can tell you it was too good to be true. All 4 Thermos lost their insulation capability. I brought them back to the UK, sent them back to amazon who, after a few hick ups sent me some new ones.
Same scenario, first 4 months brilliant, and then the same thing happened. No idea why? And it happened to all of them at roughly the same time. They do not keep warm anymore and burn your fingers when holding after you have just poured a hot coffee or tea in them.

My rating drops down to zero, but it looks like I can't change it anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thermos Thermocafe, 8 Mar 2009
Mr. Roger A. Poole "Plantsman" (Swansea South Wales UK) - See all my reviews
The choice from Amazon was incredible. I was looking for a stainless steel model that did not have a glass inner and was robust in structure. This model more than fulfilled these options.It is lightweight and keeps hot liquid very warm for at least 8 hours. Delivery was fantastic, it was delivered the day after ordering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 19 Dec 2010
This is a great little flask. It's small enough to fit in a shoulder or handbag, and holds one large mug. I use it for coffee, and drink it usually 5 hours after making. It's absolutely piping hot.Just remember to heat the flask with hot water for a few minutes before using and it's perfect. Highly recommended!

ARRAY(0xa2b07774)