If you like to go for picnics or camping trips and you need to carry enough food for a small army then you can't go far wrong with this 32 litre cool box. You could also use it to store food when defrosting the fridge or freezer.

It easily holds enough food and drink for a family of four. I can get in a 2 litre bottle of fizzy drink, a bottle of wine for the grown ups, plenty of food, snacks and chilled desserts.

Although the label on the box says that it cools for 12 hours I also use two of the blue ice blocks that you can buy separately and freeze beforehand. This helps to keep the food really cold. When we were going away for a weekend I put these blocks at the base, added the food and then put a bag of ice cubes at the top. The milk and food stayed completely cold for 48 hours - I was really impressed.

The lid can be turned upside down and used to hold drinks or cups. It has six indentations that mean cups are less likely to be knocked over than if placed on uneven ground.

The only downside I have found is that being able to store so much food means the box is inevitably fairly large and will take up quite a lot of storage space at home when not being used.

For a large family (or even a small family who likes to eat well) this is really well worth the money.
33 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2009
I needed a coolbox to bring a large turkey from UK to France. The frozen turkey and a few other frozen food items were still solid after being in the box for over 18 hours without the need for extra cool packs... brilliant!
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 September 2009
Good quality product at a reasonable price.
I used it on hoilday to keep drinks cold as there was no fridge.
Packed it with 2 bags of ice for the drive down and 5 hours later when we arrived I had ice cold drinks. Thereafter I just added a bag of ice every day and it kept very well.
on 20 September 2010
After reading several reviews on cool boxes (both powered and non-powered ones) I came to the conclusion this was the best value for money option. I wasn't disappointed.

We bought this cool box for our recent trip to France where we wanted to keep our drinks/food cool by the pool and also cheese and meats cool for our 14 hour journey - it did that and more.

Capacious and study we easily kept a couple of bottles of wine, a 2ltr bottle of water, some smaller bottles of water and our lunch in there in 27degree temperatures (albeit in the shade) and everything was lovely and chilled.

The locking handle is the only slight issue, although well designed we found as long as you store it face on the lid will not come off, if knocked over chances are the lid will fly off!.

I didn't give this five stars because I can see the lid design could be a bit of a pain to some (especially if the box falls over).

One more point - we used two small ice packs and one of those A4 sized liquid packs at the bottom (takes less room).
on 4 December 2009
Good sized cool box, reasonably priced and does exactly what you want it to do - keeps things cool for long periods. Can keep ice in coolbox for 2-3 days (would imagine that it would depend on ambient temperature but still keeps ice frozen)
on 2 January 2010
This cool box is roomy and keeps items cold for several hours. It seems to be well made and I have experienced no problems with it.
on 19 October 2010
This is actually a pretty usefull coolbox, I bought it for weekend camping trips and I use it with quite a few ice packs of various sizes to pack around the food (7 in total). When used with lots of icepacks it managed to keep the contents really cold for 48 hours and by that I do mean cold enough to keep milk and meat from spoiling and butter from melting - although I do use individual coolbags with icepack in them inside the coolbox and that really helps.

The only real problem I have is that the lid is really substandard, especially from a company like Thermos who have a good reputation for thse sorts of things (I cant beleive they're actually willing to risk their reputation on such a feeble design - I would have given it 5 stars had they built the lid better!). The reason is simple, the lid is obviously not filled with any kind of insulation (If it is, it's the bare minimum and certainly not of a decent quality) and the (tiny) little tags on the sides of the lid that serve to keep it locked in place are a bit of a joke (I cant see them lasting very long).

So, I would say that it's a great coolbox in most respects and if you can be carefull with the lid then you should be ok (here's hoping)

It did get delivered well within the stated time and there were no problems so all good there.
on 20 July 2009
Thermos Cool Box, 32 Litre

Bought this Thermos for my daughters Fun Day at school to keep the strawberries fresh. And it did its job. The price is the best I found for this cool box, also delivery was quick.
on 21 May 2011
It is exactly as I thought it to be when I bought it. Stores 2 x 2ltrs of coke bottles and 10 x 500 ml of beer cans with still some left over space. It sufficed the purpose I bought it for! A great picnic product!
on 18 June 2016
One of the best on the market for keeping things cool. We have been using one of these for years, The only one drawback we have found is that if
too much weight is put in, the handle springs out damaging the white plastic surround. Use 2 hands to lift from the base.