Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: 1 - Pack|Change
Price:£4.39+ Free shipping

on 17 March 2009
Loved it for about 2 weeks then it break. Got a replacement and that was worse. Didn't even close properly, when you squeezed the handle.
on 17 August 2011
The item is not as robust as those of a considerably higher price but is ideal for occasional light use. My husband uses this for picking up leaves in our small garden as he has mobility problems and it suits that purpose. I noted that some other reviews were quite negative but I question what the product may have been used for as it definately is not designed to go around the streets/parks on a daily basis picking up large amounts of litter and would suggest that if this is the purpose for which you want this item then go for the heavier duty models.
on 14 March 2009
This product is complete junk. Does not open and close like it should... cheaply manufactured. NOT RECOMENDED.
on 12 April 2009
Very good price but it shows, although it does it's job fine the mechanism sometimes jams.
on 12 October 2011
My 8 year old daughter wanted 2 of these litter pickers so that she and a friend could offer to pick up litter in our local National Trust park. A worthy ambition that would have probably lasted about 5 minutes. That would still have been longer than the litter pickers themselves. They had been packed together in a plastic bag, which had split somewhere in transit. That would probably have been OK, except that these items are SO badly made, using SUCH cheap plastic, that both of them had broken and were completely unusable. I know this is a bargain basement product, but if it's so fragile, and so obviously unfit for purpose, then it's not worth a penny.
on 19 July 2009
Brilliant product

A great help to me i am house bound and disabled and would be lost without such a device to help pick up and reach for things

I deal for everything from picking up a small item to grabbing a tin from a cupboard. Its even useful to close curtains.

All i can say is that if you don't find it useful you don't need it!
on 12 July 2011
Because of a poorly knee, I find it quite difficult to bend down to retrieve things from the floor. I know these are meant to be litter pickers, but they retrieve pens from the floor in the office, dropped cutlery in the kitchen, dropped tissues in the bedroom and the remote control from the floor in the sitting-room. Oh yes, they also pick up litter from the garden. As you can see, I have one in most rooms and I'm always finding more uses for them. One of the best things I've bought in recent years.
on 25 June 2011
Purchased this product and it is complete rubbish. It is very poorly constructed and failed the second time I tried to use it. A complete waste of time and money.
on 27 December 2012
I bought two Silverline Litter Pickers to replace a similar and very efficient Yeoman Litter Grabber which had proved to be very useful for removing litter from my golf course without my having to bend - though it lasted only 18 months (admittedly in all weathers).

First impression of the Silverline Litter Pickers was not totally favourable. Both were quite stiff to use - and one of them was quite "clicky" in operation. (My daughter thought they would be very good for building up the strength of ones grip!!). Application of oil does seem to have eased the stiffness to some extent, but should one really have to take this action on new items??? Time will tell how they work in practice and how long they will last (using one then going on to the other if/when the first on packs up). Chris Clough.
on 1 September 2011
I have had a "litter picker" for a while now due to my disability I am unable to pick up off the floor and its invaluable in helping in the kitchen to get things off the higher shelves, I also used it to open and close my curtains, unfortunately the excellent one I had was broken by a young grandson who was playing with it, and replaced with this one, they say you get what you pay for, and that is certainly the case in this particular item. It really is a "litter picker" no more than picking up bits of paper off the floor, too flimsy to do much else. I am still going to have purchase a more sturdy one that can do a little more than this one which is very little. Disappointed purchase.