5.0 out of 5 stars Miles better than the 'cult' brands
Earlier this year I realised I was arriving at work with my face looking as exhausted as I felt. Sadly this wasn't due to a 'party lifestyle', just working long hours and subsequently feeling tired and washed out. I'm 36 and I don't wear make-up, so I decided to get some help in the form of a 'regenerating' night cream.

I tried Guerlain's market leading...
Published on 29 Aug. 2009 by Rosey Lea

3.0 out of 5 stars Night Time Recovery?
This Olay product was new to me and I was surprised at its strange colour. However, it goes on smoothly , without dragging, and I await the transformation of my 70 year old skin with eagerness. So far, I have not noticed any difference, but one can always hope!
Published on 18 Jun. 2011 by maggiedav

5.0 out of 5 stars Miles better than the 'cult' brands, 29 Aug. 2009
Rosey Lea (london, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Olay Regenerist Regenerating Moisturiser Night Cream 50ml (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I tried Guerlain's market leading Midnight Secret and saw no improvement whatsoever. I upped the stakes and bought Creme de la Mer, which was no better than my standard cheapo moisturiser.

I tried Olay Regenerist night cream on a friend's recommendation. She wasn't wrong! I'm an absolute convert to it now. It goes on easily and you don't wake up with that strange 'heavy skin' feeling other creams can give. The packaging says it gives the look of a 'mini lift', I think that's overstating it, but I definately arrive at the office with my skin looking rested and brighter after using this (to the point where people ask if I've previously been ill, as I look better now!). It's also brilliant with a small patch of psoriasis I have on my face, the night cream seems to have better results on it than psoriasis creams!

Excellent product at a brilliant price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth Toned Skin, 26 Mar. 2014
prisrob "pris," (New England USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Looking for a facial moisturizer that I can rotate with my more expensive brand. Proctor and Gamble tells us this 'tone perfecting cream' will recapture healthy looking, youthful luminosity. My skin is in great condition. I have always taken care of my skin, and I have good genes, light skin with pink cheeks. What I want and need is to keep my skin well hydrated and glowing. I doubt I will see younger looking skin in 2 weeks, but but sure does sound good.

I have been using this tone perfecting cream for a couple of days. My skin does feel soft, it has not lost the smoothness. I admit there may be more of a glow. The cream does feel good. I will be looking to see if my dark spots are reduced over time.

My usual routine is to wash my face in the morning and evening. I apply a serum, usually one with hyaluronic acid, and then apply moisturizer. Morning and night thus is my regime. I never wear make-up to bed. In the morning I apply a light mineral foundation, powder blush, mascara and a light powder veil. In the evening after removing my mascara, I apply my cleanser, and then use a Clarisonic to remove the last vestiges of make-up, then apply the serum and moisturizer. This has kept my skin in good stead. I will continue to use the Olay Regenerist Luminous and update with any improvements and observations.

The only negative is the perfumery scent. It does dissipate quickly, but is a negative for me.

The list of ingredients is long, have no idea what most if them are.
full ingredients
WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, NIACINAMIDE , ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, ACETYL GLUCOSAMINE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, POLYETHYLENE, PANTHENOL*, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE***, PALMITOYL PENTA PEPTIDE-4^ CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT^^, ALOE BARBADENS LEAF JUICE^^^,ALLANTOIN, SODIUM PEG-7 OLIVE OIL CARBOXYLATE, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAUREATE COPOLYMER, DMDM HYDANTOIN, LAURETH-10, LAURETH-7,DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALK ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG-100 STEARATE, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, FRAGRANCE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, YELLO5, RED 40.

*VITAMIN B3, **PRO-VITAMIN B5, ***VITAMIN E, ^AMINO-PEPTIDE, ^^GREEN TEA, ^^^ALOE VERA

Recommended. prisrob 03-25-14

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Night Cream, 5 Aug. 2013
Does what it says on the packaging, very gentle on your skin also, if you use with the serum it has much better results

5.0 out of 5 stars I would never have believed it....., 6 Sept. 2009
Mozzie (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am thirty and have never considered that I particularly needed to start taking extra care of my skin but I have been dabbing just a little bit of this Olay Regenerist night cream on each night before bed and I am quite suprised what a difference this is making.

I have combination skin and usually find moisturisers and creams can worsen my T zone and often cause spots. Generally, in the summer I try to get a reasonable tan to try to help dry out my skin a bit, but unsuprisingly, I then feel that my skin is quite tight and it can lose its lustre.

I have been using the moisturiser very sparingly to start with but I am delighted that it has such a light texture that even I can use it without greasiness, but at the same time it is definately helping reduce the feeling of tightness I can get from tanning and my skin tone is more even and certainly looks more radiant.

I love the smell and the packaging of this product too. It smells expensive - which I think it is, but on the other hand I am beginning to realise that perhaps you get what you pay for!

I use Hemp intensive moisturiser from BodyShop on my hands which is about ten pounds so why shouldn't my face be worthy of similar treatment?!

I really like this and I am sure that if I can see definate improvements on my thirty year-old skin, then it will definately be worth my while to continue using this as I get older. Excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Julia McCready, 21 Feb. 2011
Love this product, love the whole of the range, great price and results are better than some of the most expensive skin care

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I hoped for., 26 Aug. 2009
Z. Herbert "solaan" (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Buying anti-ageing creams can be a bit of a dreamer's gamble but I am delighted with this product. The heavy-duty, lilac-coloured plastic jar is wide-necked and there is no frustration of poking about to get at the contents.

The cream is also lilac in colour and has a fragrance that is initially quite obtrusive but that fades quickly. I prefer fragrance-free, which it why I have only given it four stars. The cream feels cool and light on the skin, is not greasy and does not feel unduly 'wet'. For a night cream, it is lighter in sensation than the usual one I use but I have found it very good indeed.

It did not irritate my skin, nor make any blotches on my throat, which can often be a sensitive area. I needed to use a little more than I expected to get uniform application but there was not any residue on the skin after a very short time. There was not any marking of my bed linen, either.

In the mornings my skin felt fresh and supple and although it might be wishful thinking, the fine lines around the eyes appear fainter to me. I don't care for the colour of the cream, but I can't see that once it is on my skin.

It is worth noting this cream is non-comedogenic, meaning it does not give you blackheads or white heads, or block the pores in any way. Some moisturising creams can lead to little bumps under the skin; my previous moisturiser did this but initially I find this Olay cream is smoothing them out.

I am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 20 Sept. 2013
This overnight moisturiser is a very peculiar colour - purple, but don't let that put you off. I use it a couple of times per week, alternating with my other Olay Regenerist 3 Point Treatment creams. I love this range and find it good value for money. You will definitely see that your skin looks well rested and plumper in the morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST EVER -DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY GOING ELSEWHERE, 1 Dec. 2013
I have been using Olay - or Oil of Ulay as it was when I first started using it, for many years. Although I am 57, I have always regimentally looked after my skin and even though I say it myself, could put many 35 yr old skin to shame. This has mainly been due to Olay products. Many times over the years I have had a break and tried other brands and, quite honestly, many times have spent over a hundred pounds per pot on so called high end products. In my opinion, Olay is the best by miles. This product from their large range has been around for a while but it is the best ever and I would not waste my money going anywhere else to buy creams when and whilst this is available.It does everything you need from a cream and I defy anybody to use it and not see a dramatic improvement in the feel and appearance of their skin. I know the trend now is to use three or four products per routine, like when you are trying to buy a mascara and they try to sell you a primer, a type to thicken then to lengthen and a top coat etc etc etc. I don't buy into that. I love this cream, it is the best and I will never use another product and hope this is around for as long as I am.!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars OVERNIGHT RECOVERY, 3 Dec. 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Get those elbows at the ready because this cream has the potential to spark stampedes. Launched over here in May, it has already caused a stir in the United States. But does it work? One of the key ingredients in the Regenerist range are pentapeptides, which are meant to help maintain levels of collagen, the protein that keeps skin firm. According to Olay, this cream contains more pentapeptides than any other product in the range.So does this mean more wrinkle-reducing action? Possibly. A 1993 study suggests that pentapeptides may indeed help to maintain collagen. But it's the hyaluronic acid that may provide the real muscle. A naturally occurring skin molecule, it works by hydrating the top layer of skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines.

Olay's in-house studies suggest the cream boosts softness and elasticity. These tests appear scientifically sound, as they were double-blind and placebo-controlled. .

Feel-good factor Light texture, shiny finish, delicious smell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olay Regenerist Continous Night Recovery Moisturiser Cream - A Review, 30 Aug. 2009
sb (Lancaster) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The cream feels wonderful when applied, and leaves a lasting feel which isn't too sticky on the face or unduly greasy. After putting it on the night before, my skin felt as soft the next morning as it did when first applied.

Also, the cream has a nice fragrance.

A moisturiser which really does moisturise, excellent value.