5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money
Published on 4 Mar. 2008 by antslady

1.0 out of 5 stars Meet REPLENISHING creams evil twin - REGENERATING Day Cream
I have happily used Olay REPLENISHING CREAM for over 20 years. I recently ordered 2 more boxes and noticed that despite the packaging being almost identical, the name has now changed to REGENERATING DAY CREAM.
Published 2 months ago by G1970

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 4 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Olay Regenerist Regenerating Moisturiser Day Cream (Personal Care)
I was never taking care of my skin in my 20's,there wasn't any real 'need' to in those years!Now I'm in my 30's I take care of my skin religiously-cleansing,staying out of sun etc...I've gone from moisturiser to moisturiser, never being totally satisfied with any of them and if I'm honest, I always associated Olay to be for older ladies and never tried it.I'm sure it used to be called Oil of Ulay many moons ago!!

Well, I put my hands up and say I was wrong.

My lovely elderly neighbour, who has now sadly passed away, used this all her life and she had the most beautiful skin.So, I bought some.

It is truly gorgeous, is non-greasy and has a lovely fresh scent to it.It goes a long way so a bottle is really going to last a while.I can honestly say that my skin is as soft as a baby's bottom after applying it....and no I'm not a rep!I'm a very busy mum of 3 with very little time for myself, so this is a Godsend.

I also have very sensitive skin and expected to break out....but I didn't.Can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fountain of Youth, 26 Oct. 2009
Ms. Corinne Stott (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have been using this product for over 12 months and it is excellent.
I use it twice per day morning and evening and it really does replenish the skin.
You will need to use it for a full month before seeing the results but can assure
you that you will not be disappointed.
Only use a small amount as it does go a long way, very good for wrinkly necks!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you'd expect, 18 Sept. 2009
J.R.Hartley (NW England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's no messing around with Olay and this product does exactly what you'd expect. It feels creamy without being gloopy, it's light without being greasy and it absorbs well without drying out too quickly. The smell is pleasantly clean and neutral and at this price you won't have to worry about using it sparingly. My only criticims, albeit very minor, is that it's not the very best on the market (but it is the best at this price) and I wasn't so sure about the container. Everyone should have a bit of Olay at home and at this price everyone can. Bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for sensitive skin, 6 May 2010
I've been having problem skin, since the past 3 months and had gone tired of changing creams every 3 weeks with no end to the dryness and morning rash. I bought this, and it has been excellent, super absorbent, with not too overpowering a smell, great night cream and super light day cream, no more morning-rash and no more stretchy feeling as well, definitely worth it, will be back for more..

4.0 out of 5 stars Firming & clarifying, 21 Sept. 2009
White Eagle - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm in my late 30's & my skin is relatively good but with one or two blemish scars (but I hardly ever get spots).Of course my skin is not totally perfect but it looks unpolished without some foundation.

I used this cream morning & night over a period of 3-4 weeks. My skin felt firmer & my complexion smoother, softer & somewhat clarified.
After 1 week, my skin was a a bit firmer & definitely softer.
After 2 weeks, my skin was smoother, more radiant & clearer (I felt more comfortable going out without make-up as my skin looked better).
After 3rd & 4th week, my skin was overall firmer,smoother, clearer & softer.
This product smells gorgeous & has a lovely soft pink thick texture (not too thick but not runny which makes you feel it's too thin to do anything).
But when I started using it only in the mornings after that time, I felt the effects were less noticeable.

It is very good value for money & I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olay Regenerist replenishing Cream, 30 Nov. 2010
An excellent moisurising lotion, very easy to apply and easily absorbed. Have been using Olay - formally Ulay, since a young teenager and have just celebrated my 50th birthday and have received numerous comments on how young I look!! Obvioulsy does its job!

4.0 out of 5 stars Clean, refreshing and easy to apply, 26 Aug. 2009
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a pretty well priced product. The pump dispenser remains clean and it is easy to control how much you want to dispense, so there is no danger of pumping out more than needed.

It is non-greasy, easily absorbed whilst still easy to apply and lightly scented, which, as mentioned by one reviewer, may not be to everyones taste. Skin is left refreshed and feeling clean. Unfortunately, as with all anti-aging creams, only time will tell if the product really does what it claims. That being said, Olay is a reputable firm and there is no doubt that there will be benefits from using this product.

My only problem with it is that my skin has developed a few dry patches, especially on my forehead. As no other reviewer has mentioned dryness I am led to believe that this is just an incompatibility with my skin type. I have not had a problem with other Olay products in the past so this is no reflection on the company and it wouldn't be fair to mark this product down because of this. I mention it only to serve as a reminder that care needs to be taken with any cosmetic product.

Other than the dryness the product is fine

1.0 out of 5 stars Meet REPLENISHING creams evil twin - REGENERATING Day Cream, 17 Mar. 2015
I used the cream for the first time yesterday. The pump lid is now black (and not white as shown in the picture). The cream appeared to be the same colour but I thought it smelt a bit more perfumed and also didn't absorb the same. As my skin is dry at this time of year, this didn't concern me.
Within an hour of applying, my skin reacted resulting in my face looking and feeling sunburnt. I contacted Olay to ask about the rebranded cream and they have replied saying only the name has changed. In my opinion, there is NO WAY this is the same cream. I doubt it was a coincidence that the skin on my face reacted to the moisturiser the first time I used the rebranded one.
This new version may be great for some people. I'll now need to hunt for a new brand

1.0 out of 5 stars Not replenishing cream. Feels like cheap imitation, 4 Aug. 2014
This must be counterfeit as not on Olay web site. I mistakingly bought it believing it to be Olay Regenerist replenishing cream as deceptively in similar container and box. Should have noticed it says regenerating instead of replenishing which I have used for years . This cream feels cheap. Does not absorb into skin like replenishing cream and sits on the skin and coats it. Would not recommend or buy again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cream, 31 Aug. 2009
Candi Says (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I regularly use the basic Oil of Olay beauty fluid with good results so was looking forward to trying this.

A small bottle for the price but the cream is so nice. It is scented which may not be for everybody but I have sensitive skin and it was ok for me.

I have to say I can't quite get the hang of the dispenser - you have to push down on the top of the tub and the cream comes out the little hole. On first attempt, I must have pressed too hard as the cream shot out onto my dressing table. I always seem to put out too much or too little and it gets all over the top. A small complaint.

Anyway, the cream is nice to put on, feels great on the skin and provides a good base for make up. Its not so greasy as the fluid and you don't have to wait until its dry before you can put on your make up.

Overall I would thoroughly recommend it.