on 13 July 2012
I saw the label clearly showing BCAA's at 1800mg capsules and thought that they seemed better value compared to myprotein ones which have a 1500mg dosage per tablet.

What it doesn't say anywhere other than the back of the label and qualified by the little star/disclaimer next to the dose on the front, is that this is the dose per 6 capsules, i.e. 300mg per capsule. So I've only got 1/6 of the amount per capsules that I was expecting! Therefore this seems rather poor value as I've now only got 1/6 of what I was expecting!

The usual most common 2:1:1 mix isn't adhered to either, instead, this one is approximately 1:1.5:0.5. The combination as per the label is as follows, per 6 capsules
L-Isoleuicne 630mg (105 mg per capsule)
L-Leucine 900mg (150mg per capsule)
L-Valine 270mg (45mg per capsule)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 January 2014
I started taking these in an effort to redress the muscle wasting that my recent adrenal fatigue had caused. So, in an attempt to provide 'protein sparing' I took these, without food, as you're supposed to. I didn't realise that the way they work is that they reduce brain serotonin, thereby limiting the results of fatigue. Well, my serotonin levels were very low anyway, as per hormone profile, so what I ended up with was the most colossal migraine of all time.

However, Valine is one of the amino acids included in this group and it is known to help tissue repair/renewal, like skin and muscle. So strangely enough, while I was taking it and going down, down, down with serotonin my recent injury was actually getting significantly better and is now completely healed.

I don't know whether to be happy or not with this product. I intend to continue taking it, because my elbow needs extra help to recover from its recent injury, but I think I will just have to take extra care to balance things out a bit more with carbs.

I suppose my advice would be, if you have any kind of insomnia, take care when taking this product, as it lowers brain serotonin even more.

Update 30/04/14:
Since I cleaned out my gut of Candida, my migraines have stopped and this product seems to be really doing the trick. My weight is stable and I've not had any more muscle wasting. I only take two a day, in the morning, but they help all my other aminos to work better, especially with regard to joint regeneration. Cannot believe how much stronger my back is since addressing this need for gelatine in my body.
on 21 March 2013
Well i thought i'd give this a go as im working towards my BNBF Comp this summer and with all the Carido and weight training and diet i needed something to help stop muscel break down ! well am not going to see any gains from it but its just their to help stop muscel break down !
on 8 September 2013
Great. Don't be deluded, you won't grow muscle instantly by taking these. No product will do that. They will however reduce recovery time which is great. I ran out and had a session and couldn't understand how I ever worked out before taking them.
on 3 July 2014
I Product is fine though not as concentrated in strength as a previous brand. Because the price was v. reasonable that was a bonus as is the fact that it comes in capsules making it much easier to swallow.
on 6 January 2014
used this product as directed it didnt seem to do much for me no notable difference although delivery was prompt and the price was reasonable will not be buying again
on 29 June 2014
I have been opening the capsules and mixing with whey etc.. and it works when i use more than 2. Its tasteless but he allows you to keep muscle mass.
on 27 February 2013
i done really feel any difference after taking these before and after gym it might work on other but not me everyone different after all.
on 21 February 2014
COOL,GREAT AS USUAL...HAPPY WITH TIMING, POST AND PACKAGING AND THE PRICE IS IS SO GOOD.HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT AND WORTH IT.THANKS A LOT.
on 7 July 2014
I found it a fairly good product. It is very cheap compared to its quality and it does not have a ridiculous serving size.

See one answered question