5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston 8GB
Great product for price.
Not as fast as Sandisk, but only thrid of price.
Would recommend this seller, fast shipping.
Published on 8 July 2010 by Xerxes76

3.0 out of 5 stars Important information missing
I have always supported Kingston memory products.

However, I am disappointed to note that there is currently (as of 29th October 2010) no indication as to the speed of this particular device.

There is no mention of data transfer either as MB/s or as an 'x' rating, such as 20x, 133x or 300x.

This makes me wary that the speed is less than...
Published on 29 Oct 2010 by K. Jamison

3.0 out of 5 stars Important information missing, 29 Oct 2010
K. Jamison (Co. Down, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Kingston Compact Flash Memory Card 4Gb CF/4Gb (Personal Computers)
I have always supported Kingston memory products.

This makes me wary that the speed is less than 133x and therefore capable of less than ~20MB/s.

It's also confirmed by the other reviewer's remark that it is slow.

For this price, you can get rated CF cards, delivered free if you select Amazon Prime or one of the few companies offering a 'true' Free Delivery option.

Kingston are robust but omitting the speed of the device should ring alarm bells for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but SO slow!, 31 May 2011
I'd read the reviews and realised it wasn't going to be the fastest card on the block, but I thought my 8-yr old Ixus 400 wouldn't be too demanding speed-wise. Wrong! Every function, even startup, was unbelievably slow. So I did what I should have done in the first place and shelled out a few extra pounds for a SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash 4GB Memory Card - 30MB/sec and all is now back to normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston 8GB, 8 July 2010
Great product for price.
Not as fast as Sandisk, but only thrid of price.
Would recommend this seller, fast shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little card, 12 Feb 2012
Excellent product at a great price. Perfect for cameras with a high pixel count (mine is a 12.7 megapixels camera, and finally I have a card that can take a few hundred RAW files before filling up). Fast and reliable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Eventually let me down, 14 Jun 2011
Bought this to enable lots of shooting in RAW using my Canon EOS 350D for trip to Thailand. Performed faultlessly with no noticeable speed or buffering hold-ups, though I don't ever use rapid fire so can't comment on this. At the price, this seems unbeatable, unless you want ultra-fast performance.

Update: Disappointingly, as of August 2012 the card refuses to upload images to my computer any more, after over a year of faultless performance in my Canons. Has to be this card as dozens of other CF cards that I own continue to work fine. Shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Corrupted after 3 uses., 16 Jun 2013
S. J. Sparke "Sparkles" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
As a professional photographer I've only ever used Sandisk compact flash memory cards. A few weeks ago I decided it might be time to try a different brand and I bought the Kingston 8gb compact flash card.

The morning of a shoot I began as usual by checking and formatting my memory cards and the Kingston, after a total of three uses since I got it, was corrupted and unusable.

I wouldn't trust this brand again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston - Flash memory card - 8 GB - CompactFlash, 22 Aug 2011
This product does what I wanted it to do. It is for exclusive use with a digital picture frame where read/write speed in not important. I have not used it in a camera so cannot comment on the read/write speed. I noted that the product packaging stated this CF card was UDMA compatible, a potential benefit not mentioned in the Amazon web page description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy!, 3 Oct 2012
Item arrived quickly.

Packaged relatively safe.

Transfer rate is not the fastest around but standard. Expected as the price is cheap.

If you need a cheap and reliable memory card but transfer rates is not a problem. This is your buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kingston flash memory card 8gb, 11 Aug 2011
Bought this to use in a pda and it works well. Plenty fast enough, with no errors on read or write cycles. Remember if you need to use all 8gb, however, you cant, because like all memory cards, it comes out slightly under 8gb formatted. Only niggle is it seems to increase the battery usage. Overall however, good product that has now seen plenty of hassle free use.

5.0 out of 5 stars memory card, 12 April 2011
hi with regards to my recent purchase of kingston memory cards (compact flash 8gig i was very pleased with my purchase and the service i received many thanks barry.