on 1 October 2007
After getting rid of my desktop PC for a laptop i found i had a TFT motitor with built in speakers sitting around doing nothing. I looked around at different XGA boxes and came across this little beauty. Now connected up with my monitor, i now have a nice LCD TV with all the freeview channels in the bedroom. The sound's a bit 'tinny' but thats more to do with the speakers built into my monitor. In essence, if you have a TFT monitor sitting around, this is a cheap way to turning it into a digital LCD TV. Just make sure you have a very good aerial as the one included in the box is rubbish. One bad point to add, which knocks 1 star off, is the fact i lost sound a couple of times now and couldnt get it back without powering the unit down and back up.
on 1 November 2008
I have wired this to an unwanted 19 inch TFT, a 2.1 speaker system and an old radio/cd player.
All the cables needed were in the box for the additional equipment, which was a nice surprise. However, set up was very difficult as the TFT could not display the output from the box. The instructions did not cover this problem, but after pressing the P/N button on the remote several times, the box switched from PAL to NTSC which is the required output.
The picture quality is excellent and having the sound going through different speakers I now have a neat and very good set up.
Despite the set up problems I would rate this as a 10/10 due to the quality of the picture. I previously had this TFT wired to a computer and DVT-B tuner, and the picture quality was no where near as good (same aerial being used now).
on 25 August 2008
Bought this product cos it was the only one of its kind I could find. Does the job ok but there is a bug in the software causing it to crash every now and then. That being said, the picture quality is ok. This product would be better if there was a video input, i.e. for a games console etc etc