5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent safe
Ive always needed a safe and im very glad i brought this one. The safe is the perfect size to fit all my personal items like cash and documents & the digital keypad makes it impossible for things to get stolen. The price is also very reasonable because of the amount of things the safe has. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Published on 19 July 2010 by April

1.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to break in to.
This seemed fine until we were burgled! It took the intruders about a minute to get it open. If you go onto Google there is a You Tube video with a young guy showing you precisely how to do it!!! Complete waste of money.
Published 6 months ago by Bikefit Surrey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent safe, 19 July 2010
April (Shropshire,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yale Small Sized Electronic Home Safe with LCD screen (DIY & Tools)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little safe!, 11 Jun 2012
Mr. Daniel Roy "DR" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
I work for a company where we keep a small amount of cash during the day and some of the staff were a little unsure about leaving it in an aluminium cash box with the key left in it!

For the 35 I paid for it, it is a very sturdy box. Despite being described as a "Home Safe" it does the job fine for us and is particularly useful in an environment where 5 or 6 people need to have access, so they can all share a code rather than having to find individual keys.

There are a couple pointers that aren't mentioned in the description. There are fixing bolts included in the box - 2 very long bolts and wallplugs to match. Personally I can't comment on them because I needed to fix it to a surface other than a wall (so I bought a couple nuts and bolts). The other thing, is that the override key switch is behind the "Yale" logo, which took me a couple minutes to figure out, it only saying "the plastic cover" on the instructions page.

The cover is not particularly strong, considering you will need to open it if ever the batteries die on you.

We haven't had it long enough to see a full battery cycle to know how long they last, but I'll update when we change them.

With respect to security, it is made of sheet steel as opposed to solid metal, however I don't think this compromises the security of it because not only is it quite thick, but is very tough. I could easily get myself and a couple colleagues on top without damaging it! There is a pair of bolts, each about 10mm across, and contrary to what the description seems to suggest, you enter your code and then you have to turn a handle to open it. It's actually the mechanism that holds the bolts in place that is motorized rather than the bolts themselves.

I don't see this as a problem though, and everyone is finding it easy to use and so far (*touch wood*) we have been without incident!

A great safe for the price, well recommended!

UPDATE 27/04/13: As promised, I am giving an update about battery life. They still haven't died! - Will they ever?....
UPDATE 25/07/13: Hmm... These batteries are invincible or the safe just uses very little juice! If I am still alive I will let you know when they run out!
UPDATE 05/01/14: Still going strong... I think you get the idea by now

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 4 Aug 2010
This is good quality safe well worth the 37 i paid for it. Would recommend to anyone. There are two fixing holes on the bottom and two at the back, it is supplied with two screws which i used in the bottom and fixed to the wall with two rawl bolts which i bought(cost pence)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to break in to., 28 Sep 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Confirm can be opening just by hitting top of safe, 26 Dec 2012
Seems good until you look on youtube and see that it can be opens in about 3 seconds without key or code, just by hitting the top. Useless.

1.0 out of 5 stars What an utter joke - do NOT waste your money - IT'S NOT SAFE!!, 29 Nov 2013
Nothern Climes (Yorkshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Very annoyed - I thought that this was the business. It looks secure and I'd been making a note of when I'd changed the batteries so they wouldn't go flat on me.

Seems I used a bad set of them bc yesterday the screen was dead. Got a locksmith out (not cheap I might add) and he took one look at it, thumped the top with the heel of his hand whilst turning the knob and yes - you guessed it - the bloody thing opened.

What a pile of C*** - "Yale" as well.

Seriously - use a cardboard box - at least it doesn't look like you're trying to hide something then and it's just as "safe".

4.0 out of 5 stars not cash rated as advertised, 19 Mar 2012
Ms V. Boyd (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have recently taken delivery of this safe, and overall I am very pleased with the quality of the item and the customer service I received from the seller when I had cause to contact them. The quality etc of the safe has been well enough covered by other reviewers, so no need to go over that again. HOWEVER this safe is NOT CASH RATED as advertised. I had cause to question this when the item arrived, and subsequent contact from the seller has confirmed this to be the case. This safe is from the HOME SAFE range, model no ySS0000NFP, and has NO cash rating. I believe the seller to have been unaware of this fact at the time of listing, and they have been most helpful in offering to accept a return. I have also been assured that the specifications on the description will be altered accordingly, but at time of writing this has not yet been done. So if you are considering buying this safe, please do not purchase on the grounds of it being cash rated. It's a smashing little safe for the money, but if a "cash rating" is a specified endorsement on your insurance policy, be aware that this safe does not fulfil that criteria. Hope this is helpful.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Uni Student, 9 Sep 2010
Great product. Most useful for keeping my granddaughter's valuables in a shared house. Excellent delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars great product but a bit small, 1 Oct 2011
works well but the instructions aren't clear. I was confused how to open the safe at first. You have to pull the 'yale' thing infront out to insert the key. I tried to find where to plug in the key for ages.

1.0 out of 5 stars ***WARNING*** - CAN BE EASILY BROKEN INTO!!, 13 Dec 2012
WARNING to everyone about the Yale Electronic Home Safe and MOST other home electronic safes with a keypad entry.

I purchased the Yale Electronic Home Safe recently and was horrified to find out that it can be very easily and simply broken into WITHOUT the keycode and WITHOUT the key.

You simply tap on the top of the safe whilst turning the handle, if you time it right it knocks down the little pin that is usually held up by a magnet and allows the handle to be turned.

If you go on YouTube and put in 'How to break into most digital safe's' you will see a demonstration by a young lad on how its done. I tried this myself and I can assure you it does work.

I feel that Amazon should withdraw this safe and similar ones from sale as they are not fit for the purpose they are sold for.

To Amazon's credit they provided a full refund and free postal return of this safe and I purchased one with a simple key mechanism.

***WARNING*** Your items are NOT secure whilst stored in this product....please do not buy!!

ARRAY(0xae3e2f60)