5.0 out of 5 stars Pump vacuum method to spray
This is very attractive, looks sturdy and works perfectly once you suss out how...it comes with a special lid which has a pump device with metal top and a hollow tube that fits neatly into another tube in the device ie it does not work like an ordinary spray action bottle does if you just press that without performing the pump action first it will not work...
Published on 22 Oct. 2012 by vh1967

3.0 out of 5 stars good fine spray but didn't last as long as expected
I chose this because it isn't metal which would show oily finger prints too easily and so put me off using it!

However, the main bottle is made of glass, so outside use on a BBQ may not be sensible.

Published on 14 Dec. 2012 by Agatha Raisin

5.0 out of 5 stars Pump vacuum method to spray, 22 Oct. 2012
vh1967 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Lacor-61908-100 ml OIL SPRAYER (Kitchen & Home)

Open the sprayer, fill the sprayer with oil, replace all parts INCLUDING the special lid. Now pump the special lid up and down by holding it firmly and pushing and pulling it up and down a few times. You are forming the vacuum. Now remove the special lid, and press the conventional spray top (while pointing at the item you wish to spray!). You have to repeat the pumping after a few sprays.

Produces a perfectly fine spray and the sprayer looks lovely in the kitchen too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for light spraying, 8 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Lacor-61908-100 ml OIL SPRAYER (Kitchen & Home)
Bought two of these as wanted one for oil and the other for balsamic vinegar (got fed up of pouring too much out and drowning salads!) and these fit the bill perfectly and are superb quality for the money. Easy to fill just careful when spraying oil as is such a fine mist that can go over others things if you don't spray close to the pan / food but that isn't a fault with the sprayer and would apply to any good sprayer. Very pleased and would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars good fine spray but didn't last as long as expected, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Lacor-61908-100 ml OIL SPRAYER (Kitchen & Home)

It delivers a very fine spray with just a few pumps and is good to spray on baking trays or cake tins to prevent sticking. Also to spray over food to prevent drying out without drowning it in oil.

good if you're watching calories!

any oil can used in it, including your own infusions as it has a filter to avoid bits clogging the spray tube.

Additional info added July 2013: unfortunately my device broke down sooner than I expected. As I wasn't sure whether I'd had it as long as a year or only a few months, (didn't keep receipt!) I didn't feel I could complain. It wouldn't spray at all - even after I washed out the whole mechanism. I don't know whether this is a regular fault or just my product or whether I was expecting it to last longer than is reasonable.

4.0 out of 5 stars You need to pump it first, 18 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Lacor-61908-100 ml OIL SPRAYER (Kitchen & Home)
It is actually a great product for its value, now remember to pump it first before you use it... at first I'm having a trouble how to do that, turn out you just fill oil in , then as you see in the picture , you use the big aluminium lid and start pumping, then you just spray it ..... I like it . nuff said

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-designed piece of kit, good value, 12 Jan. 2013
J Porteous (Farnborough, Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lacor-61908-100 ml OIL SPRAYER (Kitchen & Home)
Once I figured out how to work this (thanks to the review from vh1967 explaining that you need to pump the lid up and down a few times before spraying) I was delighted.

The reason for this special spray mechanism is that it allows you to spray at any angle (useful if you are spraying oil downwards into a pan). It produces a very fine mist.

It looks nice, too. Altogether a well-designed item and good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, looks good, easy to use., 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Lacor-61908-100 ml OIL SPRAYER (Kitchen & Home)
I was a little unsure what to expect given the varied reviews, but I have to say I've been impressed with this sprayer, and recommend it to you.

I was unsure whether a 100ml one would be big and robust enough, because 100ml is quite a tiny capacity, but actually the bottle is more than double that size, because there has to be as much air as oil in the bottle in order to give the pressure to spray it out.

The bottle plastic is thick and strong, the silver trimming is good quality, I expect it to have a good useful life.

To use it you just hold the lid and pump it up and down 6 or 8 times until the air pressure makes it hard to pump, and then you can spray for a while. It's ideal for short bursts of spray, for example to coat a frying pan or a BBQ grill. Don't expect it to have the pressure of a gas pressured can, but the idea is that it's a lot cheaper to just refill this many times.

I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Lacor-61908-100 ml OIL SPRAYER (Kitchen & Home)
Bought three of these oil sprayers and i am really pleased with my purchase. I use them for storing high-proof alcohol (such as absinthe, green Chartreuse and bitters) to brulée cocktails. They work really well, and spray a very fine mist. Besides that, they look nice with the metal lid and the (mostly) see-through container.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Oil Spray Ever, 13 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Lacor-61908-100 ml OIL SPRAYER (Kitchen & Home)
I love Olive Oil, and as I consider it far better for me than than 1-Cal sprays, but watching my weight I wanted something to spray oil in smaller amounts. I have used oil sprays before and been very disappointed but this one is by far the best I have used. It comes without instructions but is easy to work out. Fill to below the line with oil of your choice and replace lid. Pump several times and then remove lid and spray. Take care here as the spray is quite strong. But one two second spray is enough to cook most things and for roasted vegetables it is a boon. I am going to buy another for a present as am sure it will be well received

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Wanted, 3 Dec. 2012
Richard Lane (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lacor-61908-100 ml OIL SPRAYER (Kitchen & Home)
Having recently purchased the KitchenCraft version which broke within two weeks (the bottle split) I've been looking for an alternative oil mister and decided upon this one.

Initial impressions are very favorable. It seems to well made and produces a very fine spray which was exactly what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for bread making, 24 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Lacor-61908-100 ml OIL SPRAYER (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this for bread making as I wanted something food safe for spraying loaves. This has a nice direct spray. All great so far and great for the price. If it explodes showering the smiling faces of my off spring in glass shards I'll come back and deducted a star. For now all is perfect.

Lacor-61908-100 ml OIL SPRAYER