5.0 out of 5 stars Great little mouse!
Very easy to set up and configure on my new macbook. The mouse is white so looks good alongside. Horizontal scroll was of no use to me at all but configured it so that left is application windows and right is all windows allowing great ease of use. The scroll wheel click I set to spaces so i can flick through anything i want without even having to touch the keyboard...
Published on 8 April 2008 by Mikey

3.0 out of 5 stars Mouse average, Logitech service faultless
This mouse is quite small, notably its quite short so might be a challenge for longer fingers/hands. Connecting to a Bluetooth-enabled PC seemed to require a few attempts before it paired successfully. Pairing with a Macbook was lot easier.
Published on 11 Mar 2010 by A. Askew

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little mouse!, 8 April 2008
This review is from: Logitech V470 Wireless Bluetooth Laser Laptop Mouse (Blue) (Personal Computers)
Very easy to set up and configure on my new macbook. The mouse is white so looks good alongside. Horizontal scroll was of no use to me at all but configured it so that left is application windows and right is all windows allowing great ease of use. The scroll wheel click I set to spaces so i can flick through anything i want without even having to touch the keyboard!

Connects well and works on the couch and bed as well as table top. All in all well worth the money spent and getting loads of use out of it. Batteries are still going strong after a couple of months however I do turn it off overnight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent Mouse, 10 Sep 2008
When my Apple Mighty Mouse failed after 3 days and I really wanted a bluetooth mouse for my new MacBook I decided to try this Logitech one.

It is small/compact and thus easily transported but large enough to be easy to use. Light and moves easily.

It worked immediately, is comfortable, easy to use, reliable, etc. I am very satisfied.

I would thoroughly recommend it.

I did not install Logitech software and have always used it as a standard bluetooth mouse. This seems to provide all the functionality I need (including left and right scroll as well as up and down using the wheel). I did read some negative comments about some versions of the software (re: conflicts with Growl) but I also read there were solutions - but I felt the standard operation was all I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Size information!, 19 Feb 2009
N. Rich "Nick Rich" (Harpenden, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
One thing I looked for and couldn't find about this mouse (even on the Logitech site) was its size. It is about 9.5 cm long, 5 cm wide and 3.5 cm high, or in old money 3.75 x 2 x 1.5 inches. Quite a good comfortable size I found.

Others have covered its other attributes. Works well with Linux (Ubuntu), as well as Windows, on a Samsung NC10.

Poor marks to Logitech, though, for the packaging, which is one of those horrible hard plastic shells which is almost impossible to get into and not at all environmentally friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars The mouse to get!, 8 May 2008
I hummed and haa-ed, spoke to friends and despite being advised to go for the Logitech V470, I went for the Microsoft unit. I've been happy with their mice in the past, and it was a few quid less too. To cut a long story short, I have now bought a V470. I have both units in front of me as I write, and sadly the 5000 isn't even close. The scroll wheel sensitivity cannot be adjusted (or re-programmed, unlike the Logitech, with their excellent control centre software), and the buttons are already beginning to stick. The Logitech mouse is a dream; fits my hand perfectly, nice feel to the buttons and wheel. BTW, I am using a MacBook Pro running OS X and Windows XP

3.0 out of 5 stars Mouse average, Logitech service faultless, 11 Mar 2010
A. Askew "AA" (uk) - See all my reviews
Over the months, it only refused to connect point blank to the Mac once. After a lot of retries/changing batteries/shouting etc it suddenly started pairing OK again. I have no idea what went wrong or how it fixed itself.
After 9 months of use, the left-click started to give up. The travel of the left button press got shorter and shorter, and it started to fail to register clicks sometimes. This became a royal PITA so I phoned Logitech support. Holy Cow! After giving some details and answering a few basic questions, a replacement was sent out totally free-of-charge. What great service :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant wee moose, 28 May 2008
Mr. David Cunningham (Falkirk) - See all my reviews
As I wanted to have a mouse to use with my laptop that had no cable or additional USB stuff I opted for this bluetooth one. Arrived the next day thanks to Royal Mail & when switched on & followed windows Vista found new hardware windows that popped up it operated straight away. Did not even have to load the disc that came with the mouse as all worked fine. This unit also has an on/off switch & comes with its own wee travel bag too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great design but not reliable, 15 Dec 2010
the little mouse looks and feels great to use. It linked straight away to my lap top. But one week later, mid use it just stopped working. I looked up on the internet and loads of people have had the same problem - so I sent it back. Amazon gave me a full refund. I went for the usb version instead and very happy with it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Loses connection to laptop sporadically, 16 Aug 2011
Choghok (London, England) - See all my reviews
I've had this mouse for about 4 months now and use it to work with my Samsung laptop that runs Windows 7. Unfortunately from time to time this mouse stops working. At the beginning I would delete the mouse from my Bluetooth devices and add it again but then I realised that restarting the laptop fixes the issue. But now it's beginning to happen every couple of days which is a real pain to stop everything you're doing and restart the computer. I really feel sorry I bought this rubbish.

1.0 out of 5 stars Software does not worfk, 28 Aug 2010
The software does not install, I looked this up on the net and found that this is a common problem but there is no help or solution on the Logitech site. I found help was available but it required me to update 22 drivers from sites I did not know. Logitech need to put the solution on the disc that comes with the mouse or at least on their web site. I am still using an old cabled mouse. Lesabz

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with Windows 7 64 bit laptops, 3 Aug 2011
John Stapleton "Still learning" (Banbury, UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased the mouse to work with my laptop which I frequently use on my travels. The Logitech is neat and well made and works well most of the time. The use of Bluetooth is a real bonus in not having to carry a USB dongle but the downside is the mouse looses bluetooth connection too frequently and stops working and can take quite a lot of time and effort to re-establish connection. Usually it automatically reinstalls all the drivers but sometimes I've had a slow manual reinstall before it works again. I'm hoping there will soon be firmware fix which there isn't at the time of writing as it is basically a nice device. Their website says that the device can suffer from other wireless interference and to keep it away from them but this isn't really practical. I have a wireless telepnone, an Iphone and of course my wireless router all normally in the same area and it makes no sense to move those elsewhere. On balance I'd have to say not recommened but if they fix the drop out problem it is a nice device .....

Update September 8th: The drop out problem is just too bad and finally Logitech support told me that it is a known problem for which there is no solution if you are using Windows 7 on a 64 bit laptop. Hence the 1 star. They have sent me a wireless mouse (M215) as a free replacement.

ARRAY(0xad2bbc6c)