5.0 out of 5 stars Something so simple!
I have got 2 of these for my 2year old, one at grandma's and one at mine.

Such a good idea. No other mess. The pens fill with water. My daughter first got hers aged 1... and no, that wasn't too early! She has loved it ever since.

Published on 28 Sep 2008 by M. J. Ottway

3.0 out of 5 stars Photo on box is misleading
Published on 9 Feb 2012 by New Parent

5.0 out of 5 stars Something so simple!, 28 Sep 2008
M. J. Ottway "Peachymelba" (Suffolk U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Rainbow Aquadoodle (Toy)
I have got 2 of these for my 2year old, one at grandma's and one at mine.

They aren't perfect,but what is? the mats are susceptible to dirt, as are the pens. I read a couple of review from mums who didn't like them as their children threw juice over them or got the pens dirty, but seriously, keep other liquids away from your children whilst they are being played with, and the pens away when they aren't being used, and whats the problem?

These are with no doubt one of the best toys my daughter has ever had and I already have one in my basket as a Christmas present for another child.

oh... and because they fold up, they are great to take away with you too, great for trains, they cover the whole table! You can even get a travel one which is good for cars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 16 Jan 2008
This review is from: TOMY Rainbow Aquadoodle (Toy)
I have three daughters aged 10, 8 and 15 months and they all love this product it's the best christmas present I bought last year and the price was great too, it's good clean fun and the mat is durable it just washes and it looks brand new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nephews 2nd birthday present, 7 Jun 2009
This review is from: TOMY Rainbow Aquadoodle (Toy)
Bought this product for my nephew and he's having great fun with it, as are his 7 year old brother and 5 year old sister. As it is a arty toy but creates no mess their Mum's very happy too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 31 Dec 2007
twinmummy (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Rainbow Aquadoodle (Toy)
What an excellent invention...... This is fantastic.
No mess, and keeps the kids happy for hours. What more could you ask?
This is more fun than the original aquadraw too, as it has the stampers and the 'paintbrush' type thing too - plus, it's a pretty rainbow colour.
The mat doesnt last excellently well, and the nib of the pens goes a bit manky after a while but for the amount of use ours gets it was well worth the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Photo on box is misleading, 9 Feb 2012
This review is from: TOMY Rainbow Aquadoodle (Toy)
This Aquadoodle is good fun and mess-free as promised, but the colours that come through on the mat are not at all like they are epicted on the box. There is just one rainbow of colours for the whole mat, which gives thick bands of colour not the detailed small amounts of colour as the box seems to depict. I don't think toddlers will notice or care about this difference but as a parent I was a little disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLANT!!! A++++ Toy!!!!, 16 May 2009
This review is from: TOMY Rainbow Aquadoodle (Toy)
My brother bought this aqua draw mat for my son's 2nd birthday, that was at the beginning of May and he hasn't left it alone since. Good honest clean fun! Ideal to kick start their creative imaginations! Brillant present/toy! And fabulous for a rainy day!

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull - not as shown in pictures, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: TOMY Rainbow Aquadoodle (Toy)
This is an excellent idea but the mat I received was not as exciting as the one shown in the pictures. It had only 4 very wide stripes and two of them were in pale yellow, so it was hard to see anything drawn on it. One of the main reasons this would be fun is to see the rainbow of colours appearing as one draws, and this was not the case with the mat I received. I read from other reviews that there seem to be two versions of this mat, one good and one as I got it. This is very confusing. I will return this and try to buy the 'good' mat!

2.0 out of 5 stars The children got bored of this product very quickly., 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: TOMY Rainbow Aquadoodle (Toy)
I bought two of these for Christmas for my daughters 5 and 2 to keep them entertained during the holidays and to stop them from doodling on my walls! They enjoyed it for about 10 minutes and then got incredibly bored. The issues are that once the play mats are wet, you have to wait for them to dry before you can use it again. In theory its a great product but I have to be honest, they haven't use the mat and the accessories since Christmas. It's a shame as I hoped it would entertain the kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars Drawing without the walls, 26 Jan 2008
Ms. A. J. Anderson (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Rainbow Aquadoodle (Toy)
we have found this item very useful for our 14 month old daughter, but we only bought it at Xmas and already the colours arent as strong as they used to be, it has now become very patchy, and I am not very pleased.
Will be looking to seek a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good present for two year old who loves water and drawing, 20 Oct 2009
Mrs. S. E. Parton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Rainbow Aquadoodle (Toy)
I bought this Aquadraw for my two year old neice. She and her older brother had previously had the smaller aquadraw colouring pads. It is a bit tricky to keep filling up the pens with water, but this is a very good present and allows hours of colouring and drawing activity. The only reason I have put three stars on the durable rating is because if children draw on these with other pens like felt tips or wax crayons, you can't get the marks off, and for young children it is hard for them to remember only to use the water pens.

TOMY Rainbow Aquadoodle