Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 March 2009
At last the village has been rebuilt, leaving the milestones in their original place, adding new corners, new shops and a new language to the always existing old problems and issues. Sometimes the architect's work was good enough, sometimes not. Anyway this a great record, full of love towards the old tradition and with a view towards the future. The different generations of musicians involved in this project surely deserve the attention of every true lover of the English folk revival and its developments.
on 6 April 2008
Heard about this project a bit ago, but held back buying it till I had seen them live. WOW, now that was truly awe inspiring

Then I buy the album...and the ep...and the tee shirt.

The whole project works, on stage it is mesmerising, on record, spine tingling.

The stand out for me is the Benjamin Zephaniah Tam Lyn retelling, but the whole thing is a candidate for the best album I've bought this year by a country mile.

On a side note Paul Weller sounds absolutely brilliant on this album, man I hope he has a bit more of a stab at this sort of thing in the future.
on 5 August 2008
I bought this album after seeing their performance at the Cambridge Folk Festival - it's a masterpiece.
on 12 July 2013
This is my first foray into contemporary folk music and I love it! This is talented stuff, brilliantly mixed and wonderfully evocative - folk music with a twist. It makes me feel, smile, cry and dream - just what good music is supposed to do.
I'll be getting more, that's for sure.
on 21 May 2008
I love this album - the more I hear it the more I like it. It ranks with Bellowhead & the Oysters for innovative re telling of Old Tales - hear Tam Lyn, one of my favourite old storys, updated for the 21st Century.
Great Stuff - I'd love to see it performed live.
on 18 May 2014
It's a fantastic and unique album, blending folk with other genres. There are some truly fantastic tracks. For some reason, however, it's not as addictive as some of the timeless classic albums in my collection, but everyone should have this album.
on 1 January 2013
i loved cold haily rainy night and although the rest of the tracks are not up to that standard; they are still pretty good.
Folks story type music and lyrics good fun..only play while driving as not really me..but as I say fun for the car
on 26 October 2014
Great CD.I had to buy it again as preent for family!
on 19 June 2015
This is a superb album from this talented group