5.0 out of 5 stars work watch
Ideal for work it is very light but feels substantial It keeps good time and lights up well for night time use. A good buy.
Published on 17 April 2012 by mbeau

3.0 out of 5 stars meh - passable...
Didn't notice in the item description that the case is made of plastic - my fault. If I'd realised I wouldn't have bought this item. It seems okay but has a definite '6.99 from the local fleamarket' look and feel to it.
Also the strap is only just big enough; I'm a bit larger than average (6' 4") and am using the one from last hole on the strap - if you have...
Published 11 months ago by Graeme

5.0 out of 5 stars work watch, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Timex Expedition Fullsize Camper Black Face Watch - T425714E (Watch)

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex T425714E watch, 14 Feb 2012
Just what I wanted for future wildlife type expeditions - practical, non-reflective casing, fairly unobtrusive and no clutter of dials on the watch face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch for price., 25 July 2013
Brilliant watch for price, easy to read glows in dark when required, comfortably well made strap. One previous review said loud ticking kept him awake , I found I have to hold it close to my ear to hear ticking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plain and Simple, 30 Aug 2013
A bit like me, plain and simple.
I love my new Timex watch.
I just like the straight forward no fancy knobs or
buttons look.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 11 Sep 2012
I ordered one of these because I wanted a fairly low profile watch, without any gimmicky functions that I would never use, which this watch does well. The light works well, the dial is easy to read, it has a date function, water resistant and would be perfect if it was not so LOUD! I have to take it off and leave it in another room when I want to sleep, the second hand ticks like a grandfather clock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, budget-friendly wristwatch, 11 Nov 2013
vprot (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a cheap wristwatch in order to replace a low-quality one purchased through Ebay. My requirements were the following:

1. To be analogue
2. To show the date (day only)
3. To be water-resistant (I am not diving but swimming a lot)

This watch fulfilled all requirements and on top of that features the Indiglo functionality with illuminating the plate in order to show the time in the dark. The band is nylon but is not hard to the skin and seems really durable. Timex is a well-known brand of watches, so I was surprised by the watch's low price (something like 25 pounds). The watch is extremely light (you can hardly feel it) and seems to be scratch resistant too, but it is indeed too noisy. I have absolutely no issue with it ticking during the night as I do not wear it while I am sleeping; however, in business trips (where I usually stay in small hotel rooms) I can hear it ticking all night! Surely no problem for me, as I am a heavy sleeper. It may not look fancy to some people, but is an excellent casual watch which I expect to have with me for the next years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but loud, 6 Nov 2012
This is a great watch. Very subtle and practical. Great watch for travel, or being out and about. It's waterproof and (becuase of the strap) very comfortable and dries quickly. Displays the time well and has a clear classic face. Also date is there, but again subtle. Very nice light feature to show the time in the dark, which requires just a slight push of the crown (took me a while to discover this).
However - as another reviewer pointed out - the tick is really LOUD. Like a mantle clock going off on your wirst. Working at my desk in a quiet room is like being in an old person's "front room". OK if you like this, but trying to sleep (if you find this annoying) is hard...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 22 Nov 2013
Very good watch. Light, strong and discrete. The band are also strong and the colors are nice. The tic-tac is a bit loud but it to me its ok! Great deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully satisfied, 11 Sep 2013
This watch is beautiful, it looks better live than on those photos, and I wouldn't call it a work watch either. It fits my casual and semi-formal outfit perfectly. It's just the way I wanted it to be. The price is also quite good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and perfect for ACF cadet, 8 Sep 2013
It is just right for an ACF cadet, it's the right colour, the face lights just the right amount for night time and it is water resistant. Can't ask for more for the money.

Timex Expedition Fullsize Camper Black Face Watch - T425714E