on 6 September 2011
The weed was vey small (nothing like the photo)and in poor condition and was not value for money. I would definetly not recomend this site for the purchase of weed
22 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2011
Wanted a large bunch of strong healthy elodea for a new pond.
The specimen I received was wrapped in newspaper with broken stems, poor colour and literally ten single stems. A very poor product.
on 15 May 2012
Only actually received 2 pieces with weights ? Might have been 5 in each bundle but very small and I feel description was mis-leading
on 5 June 2013
Don't buy this product it is complete rubbish!!!!!! I would go to a garden centre that sells water plants before buying this type of thing again.
on 15 May 2011
apOxygenating Weed Elodea 10 Pieces with Weights
Very disappointed
Thought item viewed misleading
Not value for money
on 30 May 2013
Bought these, and was soft enough to order a second batch. Big mistake. They come in a pressed envelope, and are really only one plant, as you would buy in an aquarium centre, not in any way 10......................They are calling each strand a plant!! a swizz.
on 22 July 2011
This product looks just like Elodea Crispa Curled Pondweed in the picture, but are Not to be mistaken for them. Disappointed with the plants as they were pulled to pieces in minutes by my fish.Carp are quite rough with pond plants, these plants are no good unless you put them inside a protective cage. Was a waste of money (I think the picture should be changed to avoid misleading people).
22 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 May 2012
Though this product doesn't actually say it's for use with Koi Carp, in my ignorance I thought it was the correct Elodea for all Koi. My Koi shredded them in about an hour flat, leaving the remnents floating on the surface. Perhaps they are for small aquariums/fish only.

Anyhow, the next time I bought Elodea is was definely some Elodea Crispa, which is Koi proof (or at least for me it was!). Perhaps my Koi are a bit rowdy, but from another review I've seen they're obviously not the only ones that destroy these plants. Unfortunately I didn't see the other review until it was too late.

It should be made clearer in the advert what this variety of Elodea is, and what it's actually for.
on 11 February 2013
Put this in my fish tank & is all came apart so now have a few pieces here & there.
The weight holding it down certainly doesn't do its job.
I shall not buy this again.
on 24 October 2013
A must for fish tanks and aquariums,fish are very happy swimming through it, and are very lively, 100% in delivery, packing,and product
review image review image review image review image