5.0 out of 5 stars Recent Purchase., 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Lens (Electronics)
I have a Micro 4/3 Olympus Pen. The 300mm lens for this camera is very very expensive. This lens plus an adaptor ring cost me 300 saving over 200! it works perfect and as good as a new one, very happy. Quick despatch and well protected in its packaging. Cannot find anything to fault on this transaction.

4.0 out of 5 stars essential, almost, for serious Olympus owners, 13 Jun 2013
For those used to film the move to digital needs to be justified. This type of lens is part of that justification. You do need to develop your own technique to deal with autofocus on a lens like this. If you are used to manual focus its not an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 7 Jun 2013
Talie (Middle of the UK) - See all my reviews
Can't fault this lens. Used properly for the first time over the last two weekends, mainly taking motorsport pictures and was panning fine with constant results, focusing was quick and sharp and had the shutter speed down to 100 (on an Olympus E420). Only used it for this sort of thing so far but really happy with the results and ease of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars great lens for my needs, 28 May 2013
Nice lens, quite compact, solid but not heavy. I have used this lens for portraits and landscapes and have enjoyed its functionality.

5.0 out of 5 stars telephoto lens, 30 April 2013
very well built with incredible optics, already taken some excellent photos. Easy to use and has the option of either manual or automatic

4.0 out of 5 stars Present, 29 April 2013
This was a present for my wife and she is very pleased with it - so a few brownie points for me.....
Compact and works well - have to watch for shutter shake and hold the lens, especially at the higher zooms.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth it's money, 1 April 2013
great value for its size,easy to use ,very well made . I would rate this product very highly to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 4/3rds zoom., 21 Feb 2013
G. Dabbs "Geoff" (NE England) - See all my reviews
Bought to fit an Olympus e-PM1 using an adapter from the camera's Micro 4/3rds to 4/3rds for the lens. Amazing performance for bird photography.

4.0 out of 5 stars My New Lens, 30 Dec 2010
Great lens which arrived really quickly. is great for fully automatic and works fab for fully manual as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I'm just not that good a photographer but...., 6 April 2010
J. Bowen "Jamie Bowen" (Hampstead London) - See all my reviews
Maybe I'm just not that good a photographer but I'm not altogether sure about this lens. I bought one a day or two back for an Olympus e-600 camera and I found it heavy and slow. Don't get me wrong I'm no David Bailey but there is an obvious weight issue when it is attached to a small camera like the e-600.

The thing I've found is that when I'm lining up a shot, I like to check, double check and re-double check it to make sure I'm not doing anything too daft with the shot. I've found that because the lens is comparatively heavy, it keeps wanting my "weight baring" hand to drop a little as I line the shot up. This might be a problem for anyone who likes to use a dSLR as a hand held camera.

The other thing that surprises me is that lack of promptness when it comes to focussing. The 14-42 and 40-150 are noticeably quicker. I know that the 70-300mm is much bigger and that I should expect it to take longer, but even alowing for that it feels a little slow when the light isn't good.

All this having been said, the resulting pictures do seem genuinely sharp, which is always a good thing.

ARRAY(0xb280303c)