5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing value for the money
I bought this lens after seeing some example photos. When I received it I wanted to return it. Some distant motifs across 1 km lake where not as sharp as I had expected. But then i tried it on a soccer match. The images where razor sharp. It is also a marvel to use in close up photography - razor sharp whith crystal clear details and wonderfully unsharp background. This...
Published on 15 July 2008 by Frode Inge Helland

1.0 out of 5 stars More information would have helped a lot!
This doesn't fit an Olympus PEN E-p3 in case you were wondering! I read all the reviews and all the blurb and nowhere did it clearly give this information.
Published 4 months ago by avid reader

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus Zuiko D 70-300 1:4 - 5.6 Lens, 15 Oct 2010
J. D. Howell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Lens (Electronics)
The lens is a genuine Olympus 4 thirds lens for the Olympus DSLR camera. As expected it is a quality prodoct that meets my expectations. The ordering of the lens was easy thanks to the informative information provided on line. Delivery was very quick. All in all well satisfied and a 5 star rating is fully justified.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new lens, 21 July 2009
Mrs. K. Gunn (Kinross, Scotland) - See all my reviews
My wife bought this lens for me prior to our safari in Kenya to go with an E-410 camera. I've found the combination superb. Light weight so that hand-held pictures of very high quality can be easily obtained. The results are magnificent. The only real drawback I find is with the auto-focus and I haven't yet mastered the manual focus and zoom action in one yet. Picture quality is consistently good.

5.0 out of 5 stars 70-300mm Zuiko lens, 23 Aug 2009
D. Palmer "Dave Palmer" (Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
Took a while to get here but well worth the wait.
A brilliant lens. Only drawback is it's weight, but not a problem when you get used to it. Fantastic results so far.
Would recommend to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good lens, 5 Oct 2011
This is an excellent lens, although heavy. Because of its weight you do need to support it whilst taking photos to avoid distorting the mounting system. The use of a tripod may be advisable on its fullest magnification to avoid image blur.

Overall very good, bigger than it looks in the photos and much heavier.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent optics, 29 Jan 2012
A. G. Austin - See all my reviews
This lens has incredibly good clarity with a very usefull range. The auto focus is not as fast as I would like, but as I take mainly landscapes and never sports,I am not troubled by this.Since buying this lens it has not been off my camera,its now become my standard lens and I only change to my wide angle fixed lens very occaisionally.At the price it must be the bargain of the month.In a word its great.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice lenses, 10 Aug 2011
You have to prefocus these lenses for your shooting distance and then it will autofocus fast. Otherwise you would expect these lenses go through entire zoom range in order to focus, there is no magic out there. Some people don't know how to use it and giving out. Also after reading some reviews I was afraid to buy them because some ppl complained about difficulty to focus in dark environment. But I found them excellent, they focus nice even in dim environment, and at the point they can't autofocus there is no much point to take picture for obvious reasons - no light. Those ppl who are not happy probably should get themselves infra red camera :)
P.S. Some people say its a great compromise, but I don't think it's a compromise in any way just a great lenses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super super-telephoto lens, 23 Oct 2011
John Maclean (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This lens was bought after a great deal of research, to allow me to take wildlife shots, both from a distance and close-up. I used an Olympus Pen E-PL1 with an MMF-2 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapter. The results I have got so far from this lens have been excellent. You need to manually focus first before using auto-focus, or the contrast-system hunt takes too long, but this is an easy process to perform. I also occasionally opted to manually focus only (using the selector switch on the lens), in order to get good focus on the eyes of my prey! Also, AF drained the battery a bit quicker than with my other shorter focal length lenses, simply because more power is required to drive the physically bigger lens. The minimum aperture available isn't enough to allow hand-held photography in poor light, but I have taken some very sharp and detailed shots of the moon on a tripod. And as someone else has already mentioned, being a 4/3 format lens, gaining an equivalent angle of view to a 600mm lens on a 35mm format system in a much smaller and lighter package is superb! I had some fellow wildlife photographers looking rather jealous as I quickly twisted on this super-telephoto lens from a small camera bag, while they were struggling with much larger DSLR 35mm systems from a rucksack!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultra zoom review, 11 Aug 2010
M. B. Hollands (UK) - See all my reviews
I have been using the camera with this super-zoom on over the past couple of weeks and have decided that I really do like and rate it!

The only problem is camera shake on longer zoom distances and the lens could do with a tripod mount.

Overall very very good. When I get more used to it I am expecting even better results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus Digital 300mm lens, 10 Sep 2012
I am relatively new to photography and after attending a beginners course on digital SLR cameras I decided to buy a nice new lens to enable me to take close ups of distant subjects. What a revelation, and just great pictures! Well worth every penny and it has opened up a new perspective on my new hobby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting closer, 9 May 2012
I was always trying to get closer shots of the animals I saw in Tanzania while working there, never had the magnification till getting this lense, next day delivery and over the moon with the results, Highly recommend this company for the ease and speedof service very happy indeed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›