5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations
Many of the reviews here are from parents. But I thought I'd write from the perspective of an adult who chose this guitar.
Published on 28 July 2009 by Lucy Reynolds

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for a complete beginner...
Published on 12 Jan 2012 by L. Tee

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, 28 July 2009
Lucy Reynolds "Lucy" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Encore ENC34OFT Natural Wood Three Quarter Classic Guitar Outfit (Electronics)
Having tinkered with a guitar for 10 years + , I decided that it was time to invest in something new. Being 5ft 2, and with tiny hands, I chose this three quarter classic guitar for nothing else than to feel a bit more comfortable whilst playing.
I am extremely pleased with my purchase. The sound quality produced is on a par with much more expensive models, and the overall look of the guitar is pretty smart.
The value for money is excellent. It's a well-made, good sounding instrument, and it gets five stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encore Guitar Outfit, 2 Aug 2009
Bought this guitar for my 10 year old daughter who starts a new hobby almost every week!! I wanted a guitar that would last a while if she stayed with it but not too expensive in case she didn't.
The Encore fits the bill perfectly.
It needed re-tuned regularly for the first few days because of the nylon strings but settled down after a week or so. It plays well with a deep,rich sound and has a nice low action.
Excellent first guitar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for child beginners, 1 Aug 2011
As a guitarist for over 25 years, I was pleased when my 7 year old son decided that he wanted to take it up. Looked at quite a few potential options, but this one looked like good value for money. As others have mentioned, it's a good size for smaller fingers and importantly, the strings can be pressed down onto the fretboard without much effort. The action (string distance from the neck) is very good for kids - low enough without much buzzing.

The sound is pretty good for the price point. Others have suggested that it goes out of tune fairly easily. It does go out of tune a little sooner than most, but the most important first lesson for the new guitarist is how to tune and more you do that early on, the better your ear will be.

A good guitar to learn on and solid stepping stone to better quality instruments once the interest has been confirmed as more than a passing fad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Guitar!, 5 Feb 2009
M. Turner (UK) - See all my reviews
My daughter, who is 9 years old, thinks her guitar is cool! It was just the right size for her to use and it appears to be a good quality. It was also useful having the case provided with it and an instructional DVD and tuning pipes. Excellent value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for a complete beginner..., 12 Jan 2012
L. Tee (UK) - See all my reviews
I was bought this as a present as I wanted to learn guitar. As I'd never played an instrument before and had no idea how I was going to get on with it, it was probably a not a bad choice as a starter. I've had about 12 one to one lessons now and am starting to find it somewhat limiting. The open strings hold their tuning well and sound fine and sounds pretty ok in the lower frets too. The problems have started when using a capo or using higher frets, then the instrument sounds pretty awful despite the open strings being perfectly in tune . We were running through some excersizes during my last lesson and my teacher took the guitar off me and had a go with it, it really didn't sound great for him either. He gave me one of his to try and I immediately sounded a million times better. I am now going to invest in something a bit better.
I'm not compltely slating this guitar. Its very cheap and has served me well in getting going with my hobby. It will also be great to have around the house for my children to pick up and have a go with.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice rich tone. Soon out of tune., 10 Mar 2010
This is a well made guitar (china) and has a very nice rich tone.
I had previously purchased a 3/4 guitar which proved just a little to big for my 7 year old son, but this one sounds better (when in tune)and fits him just right.

As many others have mentioned, it will not stay in tune for long.
Originally I thought this was due to the normal stretching process that all new stings go through, but there is something else involved. It could be the machine heads are moving causing early loss of tuning.
The included tuning pipes are useless and investing in and electronic tuner is a necessity, you will need to tune it frequently.

Otherwise I would recommend this guitar for 6 to 10 year old's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality & value guitar, 2 Feb 2009
I purchased this for a 7yr old. The guitar arrived well packaged.
It looks and feels good quality. The case is well made too. The Dvd and book that comes with the guitar is ideal and now my child has started lessons at school.

An excellent first guitar. Though it is worth buying one of those electronic tuners that you can purchase through Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good place to start, 25 Mar 2010
Good basic guitar bought for 9 year old son to learn on. Size is perfect. Good start-up guide included. Delivery was very quick. Was surprised at the quality of the product given the low price - was expecting something quite cheap looking but think this guitar is solidly made. If you're looking for a starter guitar I would recommend this to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first guitar, 6 Oct 2009
D. A. Simmonds (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 8 year old son as he wanted to start guitar lessons at school. Really pleased with the quality of sound and general quality of the guitar and case (which has a long strap on it so it can be worn across his back to take into school on guitar lesson days!). An excellent choice for a first guitar for primary school children.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 24 Nov 2009
C. Martin "kiwi26" (London) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my 10 year old daughter and she loves it.
For the money, you can't really go wrong with this package.
Only criticism, it doesn't stay in tune for very long, so i'm constantly having to tune
it for her again, but there you go.

Encore ENC34OFT Natural Wood Three Quarter Classic Guitar Outfit