4.0 out of 5 stars A good value bundle
I brought this as I have just started to learn bass, this is half the price I expected to pay for a guitar and amp (this came with a case, leads, stand, amp, CD's and tuner)

I did find a few problems with it though on arrival (just me being unlucky)1 of the strings had snapped and the plug on the amp was bent beyond repair.

I have had no trouble...
Published on 19 Feb 2008 by Elizabeth Donovan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but questionable quality control on package
Published on 6 July 2009 by Mr. Howard Long

4.0 out of 5 stars A good value bundle, 19 Feb 2008
Elizabeth Donovan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Encore EBP-PK40BOFT Black Electric Bass Guitar Bundle (Electronics)

I have had no trouble getting it replaced and the new one works perfect.

The other guitar I purchased, same package but with an electric guitar, was fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great Christmas Present, 27 Dec 2008
J. Mooney (London, England) - See all my reviews
I bought my 11 year old son one of these for Christmas. Neither of us can play the bass so we were not looking for anything too sophisticated. The package arrived quickly and everything was in the box and in good working order. Well amost, the volume control on the bass was loose, but all I had to do was take off the chrome knob and tighten a nut at the base of the spindle.

It has hardly left his side since he opened it. We are both very pleased with it. The instrument looks great. The amp is basic, but what else do you expect at this price, and needs to be turned up to get a half reasonable sound from it.

All in all this is great value formoney.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 10 Aug 2010
Bought this for my son's 12th birthday. Not only does it come with all the basics its also quite a nice bass to play and sounds fine through the little practice amp supplied. I probably play it as much as the lad and have used it to record bass lines direct onto my pc's studio software. The action is fine and the tone far better than I expected. Admittedly I'm a six string player normally but used to sell guitars so have played many 'cheap' basses. This one stands up very well compared to the ones I remember. Arrived within the stated time and came with packaging intact and all parts present and correct.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but questionable quality control on package, 6 July 2009
Mr. Howard Long "Howard Long" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Arrived on time with Express Saturday delivery. On opening the large box, it was apparent that the guitar box inside had suffered due to other contents shaking about loosely in the outer box around it. I was missing a pick and the cable between the instrument and the amp. The amp showed no sign of life when powered up. Being an electonic engineer, I opened it up (eight screws) to find a failed fuse that I replaced with one I had in stock, and it was fixed within ten minutes.

Like the fuse, I had spare picks and a cable, but I would have been rather frustrated had I not been in this position.

The tuner provided is rather bargain basement.

The kit now works fine, and I consider it to be very good value despite the initial annoyances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 2 Jan 2010
Ms. Catherine Fagan "Faigy69" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This was fantastic value for money. I would easily have paid an extra £100 for this. It was a present for my partners son for Christmas. He loves it and the extra's that come with this are fantastic. I would say the only downfall is the packaging. This was a bit damaged when delivered but we checked everything and it all was in great working order.
I would reccomend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 11 May 2011
very good buy, i would recommend it for anyone who wants to learn bass. Amp is louder than i thought, produces good quality sound. First item came to my house with a fault (one of the tuning bits was broken) and called for a replacement, which came very quickly, and they collect the faulty item for you. Very impressed with the service. ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars great starter bass, 21 Oct 2010
this is 1 of the best presents ive ever had it is a great bass for peopole who are just starting out i highly recomend it i hope that more and more peopole start buying it as it is one of the best deals u will get

5.0 out of 5 stars bass guitar outfit, 6 Sep 2010
My daughter bought this with her own money for her birthday. It is very good value for money compared with many more checked and the sound is really good. It arrived extremely quickly, and the only thing we need is a longer amp lead as its a little short but thats just as she likes to walk around with the guitar.

basically great service and a great deal

thanks thoroughly recommend this sellerEncore EBP-PK40BOFT Black Electric Bass Guitar Outfit

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Starter Package, 12 May 2009
Lolly Blackheart (Hastings, England) - See all my reviews
I've played the cello now for more years than i care to remember, and decided a while ago I'd like a new challenge, so opted to save for a bass guitar. Having looked at several on Amazon and read the various reviews, I chose this package. It arrived quickly, in top condition, nothing damaged or missing, and I set everything up in a matter of minutes ready to start learning and annoying the neighbours!

The bass is a lighter weight than was expecting, but still has a good weight to it, the neck feels great, the sound is good, strap easily adjustable. The only teensy criticism i have is that the 'qwik tune' tuner requires a square battery which isn't included (if I'd known, I'd've gotten one already to put in the moment it arrived), but otherwise, no complaints here!

4.0 out of 5 stars Warehouse deal, 28 Aug 2013
Got this package at reduced price and well pleased with it. A p type bass,little bit neck heavy but after set up plays great and sounds very good.Nice quality Kinsman gig bag,decent little amp,great little neck tuner,stand,cable,pick,disc.Strap missing but as warehouse deal,a minor quibble.Ideal starter kit or for guitarist who wants to dabble.Cool.