‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars About time..., 3 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Wicked Mans Rest (Audio CD)
I was lucky enough to see these guys live a couple of times last year down in Brighton (when they were called The Mike Rosenburg Band) and am really pleased that they've finally managed to get an album out.
With some excellent acoustic guitar and some eletronic samples thrown into the mix their music is very easy to listen to, but it's the lead singers voice that instantly makes you sit up and take notice. It's hard to think of someone to compare them to as they have a sound all of their own, but if you like the acoustic sound of Newton Faulkner, and the sing-along tunes from the likes of Coldplay you couldn't go far wrong with these guys.

I would definitely recommend this album to anyone. One listen and you'll be hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Soccer AM, 22 Sept. 2007
Neil Rodgers (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wicked Mans Rest (Audio CD)
I first heard of Passenger on Soccer AM when "Walk You Home" was played over goals from the previous week. I really liked the track, went online to find out more about them, found videos for "Walk You Home" and "Do What You Like" and then couldn't wait for the album. The tracks I mentioned are my favourites, and the rest of the album didn't disappoint. I'll be keeping an eye on their live dates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally it's here!!, 30 Sept. 2007
Dee Bolitho (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wicked Mans Rest (Audio CD)
The first track I heard from these guys was "Walk you Home". That had me totally hooked and looking for anything I could find from them. This album seems a long time coming but has been well worth the wait. Every single track has it's own merits. No-one will be disappointed. I cant wait to see them live.........

5.0 out of 5 stars Get The Word Out!, 9 Oct. 2007
Caroline Sarson (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wicked Mans Rest (Audio CD)
From the first single I was captivated by the voice of Mike Rosenberg and the poetic lyrics and the imaginative and mature accompaniment. The album was worth the wait and I play it constantly. Was lucky enough to see them at The Joiners in Southampton with a woefully small but enthralled crowd (incredibly they weren't top billing!)
If ever a band deserved to make it /Passenger do, tell everyone you can think of! A good example being the message boards on the BBC website and all your friends!
It is difficult to compare /Passenger's sound with anyone else; I think there is a similarity to Kristian Leontiou - now he's good too! Album is 'Some Day Soon'

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Wicked Man's Rest (MP3 Download)
I don't usually review music that I buy, but I feel that this album deserves a special mention. Passenger have got to be in the top 10% of singer-songwriter style bands, and it is their ability to create such varied, melodic songs that set them apart from the masses. It's been a little while since I was excited about an album in the way that makes you wake up the next morning and really want to listen to it - this album has made me feel that way. Perhaps it will make you feel the same. It reminds me of early 'Lifehouse' and more specifically 'Jump, Little Children' in their Vertigo days. Well worth the money.

Thanks to Amazon for the fantastic new MP3 store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard not to like., 8 Nov. 2007
Curlynob (Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wicked Mans Rest (Audio CD)
This album of largely mid-tempo songs has a very cinematic quality to it. Synth and samples fill out acoustic arangements and make them seem bigger than the sum of their parts. The theme of voyeurism pervades most tracks making you feel like a passenger on a train watching silent lifes through the window. There's a dark wit that serve up a rare treat on songs like walk you home - the lyric about night vision binoculars is pricess. I'd definately reccomend this one if you're a fan of the usual indie pop culprits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 15 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Wicked Mans Rest (Audio CD)
Thsi band is so great, first saw a video of do what you like on the music channels and i got hooked researched anythiong about them to see if an album was coming out...had to wait ages for this and oomg it was well worth it! Best album i have bought in ages and believe me, i dont buy albums often. Got a chance to see them at the Beautiful Days but arrived a tad late and only saw them for like five minutes...was well gutted. Overall this cd is a very gd buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the search., 3 July 2013
Ms. Sa Joyce "music lover" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wicked Mans Rest (Audio CD)
Brilliant!!! album glad i was able to find this true gem, late but making up for lost time,unable to stop playing this truely wonderful album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Passenger - what a talent!, 24 Dec. 2013
B. Wright (Fettercairn, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wicked Mans Rest (Audio CD)
Heard the single "let her go" which was excellent so tried the current album "All the little lights" which was the best album of the year.
Tried this older album which I enjoy just as much. Who is promoting this guy? They must be hopeless because he is quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked Man's Rest.....stunning!, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Wicked Mans Rest (Audio CD)
I first heard of Passenger through the song "Do What You Like" which l heard playing in a dept store so l Shazamed it. Then I heard "Let Her Go" through a TV advert and have been hooked evwe since. Wicked Man's Rest is an album of such clevearly crafted lyrics and beautiful melodies and is the best album I have heard for many years. "Stray Dog" is angst ridden and poignant and paints a picture of desperation and lost love whilst "Walk you Home' just made me laugh out loud with its manic, stalker, imagery. My new favourite band. I love, Love, LOVE this guy and he might just find me up his neighbors' tree with my night vision binoculars!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Wicked Mans Rest
Wicked Mans Rest by Passenger (Audio CD - 2007)