Was just looking for a portable TV, bigger than 14" as a replacement for step daughters when we re-vamped her room. I'm having the Cello - she's getting my old TV !!
Published on 11 Oct 2007 by A. G. R. Carmichael

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor build and sub standard, Do not buy this T.V
Published on 29 Sep 2007 by J. F.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor build and sub standard, Do not buy this T.V, 29 Sep 2007
This review is from: Cello 1901 - 19" Widescreen LCD TV (Electronics)
Although this 19" T.V is cheeper compared to other brands, but I belive it's good to buy a good T.V. instead of waisting your time on it. I have recived a replacement of it, but again scart socket was not working proeprtly, I tried couple of leads and dvd players but the problem was with scart socket on both t.v's. Moreover picture gone blue after a few days use.I am going for a refund now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain TV & PC monitor, but it won't make you a cup of tea !!, 11 Oct 2007
A. G. R. Carmichael "Gus" (Wensleydale, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cello 1901 - 19" Widescreen LCD TV (Electronics)
Bit of searching - came across Cello 1901 for 140....down to 122.86 (delivered) if I signed up for Amazon credit card. I just have to use the card to buy something else off Amazon within the next 90 days. As Xmas is coming - don't think that will be too hard !!
Normally I read reviews before I buy...but for some reason I didn't until AFTER I ordered this item. One good review and 4 bad. Oh S...H...one...T.
I've had the product a week now and I'm very pleased. It came all sealed up, and the remote was still bagged with the battery out. (Not a returned item sent back out !!)
I wouldn't call it plug and play - but I had no problems setting it up. The TV has an auto tune....it takes a while to go round, but all the channels were there, although I needed to swap a couple around.
As a PC monitor - be aware that the VGA connection doesn't carry sound - so you need speakers if you want to listen to CD's & DVD's via the PC.
Some people commented that the DVD player via the Scart was a problem. I had a problem - but it was more to do with the DVD player. I got sound and no pic with a couple of "proper" DVD's - yet a "proper" Wallace and Grommit worked fine, as did a couple of home recorded DVD+RW. My answer is to discard my DVD player (saving space and a plug & scart) and play my DVD's through the PC.
The lack of direct sound from the PC via the monitor speakers is a drawback - but I'm about to buy some Logitech x530 surround sound speakers to enhance my CD and DVD experience. By simply changing a headphone plug, I can put the TV through the same speakers. Of course I'll buy them off Amazon for 43 with my Amazon card in order to honour the agreement I made to get 15 off my Cello 1901.
At the end of the day the techno-phobes may say its not a brilliant TV and it's not a brilliant PC monitor.....but hey....it cost me 122-86!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of customer services, 28 Aug 2007
This review is from: Cello 1901 - 19" Widescreen LCD TV (Electronics)
I was given this television as a birthday present and although the quality of the screen is clear and sharp. The sound was boxy and a bit tinny. I also agree with the customer above about the scart lead.
However I have to really complain about their customer services. I had a problem with my dvd player syncing with the t.v set and I called up to see what was going wrong - I would get sound but no picture and it was not a problem through the scart leads as the connection was solid. When I told them this - the guy on the other end was unhelpful and did not want to know. I asked for technical help because it was definitely a minor error that could be corrected. I just did not know how because my technological knowledge is limited.
Yet for a helpline they did not have anyone who was available to help- so what is the point of having a technical help line if there is no one available to field calls.
Overall the whole situation was really fustrating and it has definitely affected my rating for this product which overall is good for its price- Just shame about the customer support :(

1.0 out of 5 stars thanks a lot, 29 Aug 2007
This review is from: Cello 1901 - 19" Widescreen LCD TV (Electronics)
I would like to share the experience i have had of this product which wasnt particularly great...

I had a problem with this tv from day one- the picture was not right, at first i thought it was my scart lead , so i bought a new one and tested it and knew it was good...

I read the manual which was not much help to me , so i decided to call thier customer services, the guy on the other end was rude and abrupt and was totally ignorant to anything i had to say or what my problem was... eventually i asked to speak to his manager and he said that there wasnt anyone around etc etc, basically trying to get rid of me...

now the problem i have is, why have people like this on a customer services team-- why? customer services are supposed to help people not subject them to a fustrating phone conversation, at the very least he could of taken my problem down-- spoke to someone in thier technical team and perhaps get back to me.

i never managed to get the tv to work, so i got it refunded, im sure the problem was very simple and maybe it was me being stupid but a little bit of help would of been appreciated and that is all i would like to say on the matter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cello 1901, 27 Aug 2007
Mr. D. A. Brooks (York, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cello 1901 - 19" Widescreen LCD TV (Electronics)
For an economically priced LCD TV, you would have to go a long way to beat this item. Very good looking with performance to match. Two niggles: the controls are on the top, which, when it is on a shelf bracket, makes their use a bit awkward, but, as it has the mandatory remote included, which is very light and very easy to use, it is just a niggle. My other niggle is the Scart socket, which appears to be upside down, meaning the cable exits upwards, putting both a strain on the socket and cable, and looks untidy. These are only niggles though. Other than these, I think it has to be one of the best value for money LCD TVs going. I am actually ordering another.

Cello 1901  - 19" Widescreen LCD TV