5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie the giraffe
Published on 7 Feb 2009 by Mrs. V. J. Beech

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake!!
Please do not buy this product it is a definite fake. I have complained to amazon and they are contacting the supplier and escalating this matter. I have also informed trading standards!!
Published 5 months ago by Mummy84

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie the giraffe, 7 Feb 2009
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White) (Baby Product)
After seeing this rated as the best teether in a baby magazine I thought I'd give it a try. It is more expensive than other teethers (my husband was horrified when I confessed to the cost) but my son will not use any others and loved Sophie from day one. She comes everywhere with us. I did make the mistake of putting it in the sterisliser (wanted it to be clean before he put is in his mouth) and it hasn't squeaked since!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product & service, 23 Aug 2014
Brilliant item. Our son is really struggling with cutting his first tooth and Sophie Le Giraffe seems to make the whole cycle a lot more comfortable for him.
The material is soft enough for him to chew on without hurting himself (as he had done with other teething products), but firm enough to relieve the pain. He also seems like to looking and hold it when he's playing & rolling around - he's become quite attached to Sophie in the short time he's had it.
I had heard good things about the item before buying, but am very very pleased with just how good Sophie Le Giraffe is. We plan on buying more of the products for friends who are having babies too.

Delivery was prompt and price was very reasonable compared to parent/baby specialist shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST baby toy, 31 Mar 2008
Don't be deceived by its appearance... We thought surely this is a dog toy, but no... This is the best toy we were given for our baby. He LOVES it! Easy to grab when they are first learning to pick things up, lovely to chew when the gums are sore and squeaks! Our 10 month old still loves his.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake!!, 25 Mar 2014
If you look at this product alone it looks like the real deal but compared side by side with an official shop brought Sophie the giraffe there are marked differences in size of giraffe, head shape, material and softness,colouring of body, spots, eyes, cheeks etc.
Please be careful as we do not know what this is made of and you do not want your babies chewing on this!

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!!, 4 Mar 2013
I purchased this product for my son as it was recommennded as a teething toy. As soon as i gave it to him i knew there was a problem, the black eyes started to run and my son had black ink in his mouth, i took it away immediatley! I brought another on from a well know childrens shop and I compared the two. The one I purchased from amazon is clearly a counter fit. It is slightly smaller, a slightly different colour, smells different and on the original the eyes dont run! I have contacted amazon to discuss this issue and i must say that i am very aprehensive about buying toys from my son from the site now. I have never written a review in my life but i feel so strongly that I had to on this occasion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! Encourages young babies to play!, 4 Aug 2014
I bought this for my 3 month old daughter. I thought at 9.99 was really cheap for something which can be 15! Anyway my little girl loves it. She smiles giggles and tries to grab it and its the first toy which she has actually tried to put if in her mouth. I would recomend this to all mums and dads! But be careful when cleaning even a tiny amount of water in the squeak hole can break its squeaker.

1.0 out of 5 stars Use with caution, 27 Oct 2010
I was delighted when this arrived and my little boy (4.5 months) took to it right away. The neck is really easy for him to hold and the feet, ears and head great for chewing. HOWEVER - the same morning it arrived I spotted that the rubber coating of the toy had torn on the ear where he had been chewing it and there was a small flap of rubber hanging off! The material underneath the coating crumbled when I scratched it so I obviously had to take it from him and we can't use it.

I contacted the seller who said this is the first problem they've been told about with this toy and I may have received a defective one so perhaps my experience was a one off. My little one has his two bottom teeth, so I would say if a baby playing with this has new, sharp teeth coming through keep a very close eye that they don't bite through it. I will be asking for a refund rather than a replacement and sticking to other teething toys. Shame as the shape works really well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Babies seems to really like it., 24 Aug 2014
As expected. Small enough for 6 month old to hold for a while and chew on which is what I wanted. Can't help thinking these are slightly over priced though (hence 4 stars). Although learned with first baby that ended up spending the same money buying lots of different cheaper ones that didn't seem to be as attractive to the babies! My first had one also which was a big hit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy with product, 18 Nov 2010
If I could, I would give this toy no stars at all!

My 4 month old baby had the toy for just 2 days (20 minutes playing time), and managed to create a split in one of the giraffe's ears, leaving part of it hanging off. My baby has no teeth and I obviously found this very alarming, to the point that I contacted our local Trading Standards office. I was concerned that the split could result in a chunk of rubber coming off altogether, which my baby could then inhale. Apparently this is the first time this problem has been raised with this product, so I was informed that no further action would be taken. However, reading the reviews on Amazon it appears this is not a one off at all. This toy left me feeling angry and upset and of course I have requested a full refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... looked to hard for babies mouths but sophie is excellent! A soft rubbery texture, 1 Aug 2014
I was a bit weary of buying product as I thought it looked to hard for babies mouths but sophie is excellent! A soft rubbery texture. It is also the first toy my daughter (3 months) is very interested in. She can hold it by herself holding the legs and it also helps her hand coordination as well as teething. I highly recommend!