5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!
Published on 28 Feb. 2013 by Miss_daffy2003

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!!
Purchased this product for my little girl as was recommended. However item arrived and did not look right! I read the 1* reviews and could not believe what I saw! People were saying that these are fakes and can be dangerous!

I ordered another one from a well know childrens store and the difference is unbelievable!!!

Please do not risk this product...
Published 23 months ago by VeryHappy

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 28 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White) (Baby Product)
We have tried countless things for my little girls teething. She hates them all. Doesn't like them to hard, doesn't like them with bumps, found most of them too big, or too heavy and kept dropping them. She preferred chewing on our fingers, ouch! While surfing around the net for alternatives, I came across Sophie. Pricey for a teether, but in my view now worth every penny. She is light, sort but chew able, smooth, but has various bits that can be chewed and held. My little girl loves her. she has now been chewed for a week, and she still looks new.
The only annoying bit is the squeaker inside. My little girl isn't fussed by the squeak, but after listening to her chew and squeak all day, I get a little fed up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie the giraffe, 7 Feb. 2009
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After seeing this rated as the best teether in a baby magazine I thought I'd give it a try. It is more expensive than other teethers (my husband was horrified when I confessed to the cost) but my son will not use any others and loved Sophie from day one. She comes everywhere with us. I did make the mistake of putting it in the sterisliser (wanted it to be clean before he put is in his mouth) and it hasn't squeaked since!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and entertaining, 23 Aug. 2011
I've seen a few of these around and now that my foster daughter has started teething I thought I'd give it a go. So far she is enamoured by it and quite enjoys surprising her self with the squeak! We've just spent the weekend with family and have to say their dog went wild for the noise so we had to hide it to avoid being slobbered on (with canine slobber-it's certainly seen enough baby slobber!)
I'm my experience I would say that this is a very good starter toy, it's lightweight qualities and 'chewability' make it a great if a little pricey product. However it will also make a good keepsake, so long as we don't loose it!

4.0 out of 5 stars The twins, Nick and Leo love their Sophies ., 11 Jan. 2012
I am sorry but I live in California and sent the Sophies to my twin great grandsons who live in Canterbury in the UK. They started to chew on the animals' feet as soon as they were given them I was told, but I am sad that I cannot give you more details.
.My grandson sent me an email photo of the boys busily working on their Spohies's. legs, but I do not know how to send it to you. Nick and Leo will be 6 months old on the 13th of January. I may never see them for I am 90 and cannot walk well, but I have a lovely imagination especially after seeing their photo.

5.0 out of 5 stars The teething drama ending after buying this and here's why you should buy it sooner than later., 27 Jun. 2015
My tip is if your baby hasn't settled on any particular teether as yet, then give this one a go first.

He's our experience.... We bought this for our 7 month son because he had a penchant for chewing on SOFT toys. Not very satisfactory really and we could tell he was becoming more and more frustrated.

We tried every teether and soother imaginable - subconsciously they were always Tesco or Asda ones for under £5. Nothing worked but an acquaintance recommended Sophie the Giraffe and while a little dubious spending £12 on a teether we gave it a go.

What we noticed: He loved it pretty immediately and it's a great chew down teether to help help calm your little one when they become frustrated and angry. It's got lots of peculiar corners and angles to get to the place your child will one to get to! I wouldn't read too much into the 'whole 5 senses' nonsense, but as a baby with huge hands, we also think it helped improve his finger dexterity.

Our little one is now 9 months old and still not sign of teeth, wish us luck that it happens soon, nonetheless we don't go anywher without this teether\toy!

By the way, as you can see from the product's images, the 'gift box' is nothing but just packaging, so don't expect anything else!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Corringham, 14 Aug. 2012
This is a fantastic toy. I bought one for my baby daughter last Christmas and it goes everywhere with us. She loves the squeak of it and chews ferociously on the ears, nose and legs. It even got borrowed by her baby cousin and she adored it too. So much to say that even with the insane price tag, I must buy it again now that ours has vanished. I may get one for her cousin too! (p.s. we've figured out how to wash it without losing the squeak - squeeze as much air out as possible and keep the hole dry or covered as you scrub, dry it and then release - you risk losing the squeak if you get water in the hole).

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without Sophie (we have 3), 28 Mar. 2011
When we got Sophie first I wasn't 100% sure about it but our son was just a little young for it, he started teething at just over 2 months, but once he was a little older he got the hang of it no bother and Sophie is his and our best friend. We actually bought 2 spares so we are never without her. Our son chews on Sophie in the car, in his buggy when we are out and about and of course here at home, and it gives him great relief. Recently we have added one of those soother straps around Sophie's neck as our soon has learned the trick of throwing things away and looking for them back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teething toy, 13 July 2013
I was a bit optimistic about this teether as it was quite expensive compared to others. However I thought I would give it a try after reading so many positive reviews. At first my baby daughter didn't take to it as much as I'd expected so I was a little disappointed but after a while she warmed to it more and now loves her Sophie the Giraffe. It is easy for her to chew on and there is no rubber smell to it. She also loves the squeaky noise it makes when the giraffe is squeezed. It is one item that is always taken with us whenever we go out with the baby. So glad I bought it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Babby's love it!, 28 Aug. 2013
All that hype.. So thought to put Sophie to the test. Much more pricier than other teething toys but worth every penny. My little nephew loves it to bits and will pick it out from his toy basket even if its been hidden tucked under other toys. He will fish it out! The giraffe squeaks with the slightest of squeezes (neck, legs, rump etc) and has a lot for little fingers to hold and mouth to explore. The spindly legs are designed in such a way that its easy for baby to grab and keep hold. No colour run etc experienced and all in one piece. Really pleased with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only teether that works., 19 Mar. 2011
Coffee & Vanilla "Margot" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
We got this toy from a friend when our first daughter was born. She absolutely loved it and chewed on it constantly. The toy survived all that abuse without any marks. Now when our second daughter was born (5 years later) and her teeth started coming out we tried all kinds of new teething toys but she did not wanted to chew on them. Luckily my older daughter still had Sophie in her room and after a good scrub she was almost like new. Now Sophie has second life and is loved and chewed on again.
It may seem a little bit pricey but it is really worth it.

Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White)