5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie the giraffe
Published on 7 Feb 2009 by Mrs. V. J. Beech

2.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP LOOKING
COULD HAVE BOUGHT A dog toy at a fraction of the price hopefully it will pleas my grandaughter when she finally plays with it
Published 11 months ago by millie

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie the giraffe, 7 Feb 2009
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White) (Baby Product)
After seeing this rated as the best teether in a baby magazine I thought I'd give it a try. It is more expensive than other teethers (my husband was horrified when I confessed to the cost) but my son will not use any others and loved Sophie from day one. She comes everywhere with us. I did make the mistake of putting it in the sterisliser (wanted it to be clean before he put is in his mouth) and it hasn't squeaked since!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing for teething, 8 Nov 2009
I think that the giraffe is an excellent teething toy. You can try it from different angles. I wish Boots would sell them or something of an equal quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP LOOKING, 20 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 10 Sep 2009
My son loves Sophie the Giraffe. He plays with it all the time & I never the leave the house without it. He is teething at the moment & he constantly chews on it to provide relief. All babies should have one.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favourite teething toy!, 5 Nov 2007
A friend bought this for my son when he was born and he has loved it from day one! Not only because it squeaks, but also because he can chew on it to his heart's desire and he can grab hold of it easily. It's a great toy for him to play with in his pram and it's also proving very useful in helping him to learn to crawl as he turns over often to try and grab it. Highly recommended as a gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves Sophie, 12 Oct 2010
I wasn't sure about purchasing Sophie as she is a bit expensive for a teether - but she is a favourite of my daughters and the only teether she will regularly use.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!!, 8 Aug 2013
Purchased this product for my little girl as was recommended. However item arrived and did not look right! I read the 1* reviews and could not believe what I saw! People were saying that these are fakes and can be dangerous!

I ordered another one from a well know childrens store and the difference is unbelievable!!!

Please do not risk this product. just pay a little extra for the proper item

I am currently in contact with Amazon as I can not believe that they would sell these death traps and asking for a full refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy with product, 18 Nov 2010
If I could, I would give this toy no stars at all!

My 4 month old baby had the toy for just 2 days (20 minutes playing time), and managed to create a split in one of the giraffe's ears, leaving part of it hanging off. My baby has no teeth and I obviously found this very alarming, to the point that I contacted our local Trading Standards office. I was concerned that the split could result in a chunk of rubber coming off altogether, which my baby could then inhale. Apparently this is the first time this problem has been raised with this product, so I was informed that no further action would be taken. However, reading the reviews on Amazon it appears this is not a one off at all. This toy left me feeling angry and upset and of course I have requested a full refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!!, 4 Mar 2013
I purchased this product for my son as it was recommennded as a teething toy. As soon as i gave it to him i knew there was a problem, the black eyes started to run and my son had black ink in his mouth, i took it away immediatley! I brought another on from a well know childrens shop and I compared the two. The one I purchased from amazon is clearly a counter fit. It is slightly smaller, a slightly different colour, smells different and on the original the eyes dont run! I have contacted amazon to discuss this issue and i must say that i am very aprehensive about buying toys from my son from the site now. I have never written a review in my life but i feel so strongly that I had to on this occasion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Use with caution, 27 Oct 2010
I was delighted when this arrived and my little boy (4.5 months) took to it right away. The neck is really easy for him to hold and the feet, ears and head great for chewing. HOWEVER - the same morning it arrived I spotted that the rubber coating of the toy had torn on the ear where he had been chewing it and there was a small flap of rubber hanging off! The material underneath the coating crumbled when I scratched it so I obviously had to take it from him and we can't use it.

I contacted the seller who said this is the first problem they've been told about with this toy and I may have received a defective one so perhaps my experience was a one off. My little one has his two bottom teeth, so I would say if a baby playing with this has new, sharp teeth coming through keep a very close eye that they don't bite through it. I will be asking for a refund rather than a replacement and sticking to other teething toys. Shame as the shape works really well.

ARRAY(0xab8da180)