4.5 out of 5 stars1,770

I bought this for my baby daughter as my son was given one as a gift when he was born and even though he is a toddler now it is still one of his favourite and well used toys and anytime the baby would go to play with it he would get very possessive and snatch it back from her so now she has her own and there are no 'arguments'. I don't know what it is about this toy but babies love it and it is a firm favourite with both of my children. This one was gift boxed and I have kept the box in her memories box so that when she grows too old for Sophie I can pack it away for her as I will be doing with my son's Sophie too. When my son was little we literally couldn't go out of the house anywhere unless we had Sophie with us and there was quite a few occasions where we would be out shopping or somewhere and have to manically back track to search for a dropped Sophie! Sophie is made of 100% natural rubber and so is completely safe for your baby to chew and put in their mouths although please note that she can't be sterilised and so we use sterilising wipes on her. Both of my little ones love how easy she is to hold and squeak. A brilliant toy that has been around for many years and I think will probably be around for many many more.

EDIT 30/01/2016:-
After the massive success of Sophie with my two little ones (my daughter's Sophie is still out and about although my son's was packed away recently when he turned 3), I have just bought another one for my new baby niece in the new updated packaging and I have been told by Mum that she is already following it with her eyes when Sophie is squeezed and squeaked and I am sure she will love her as much as my two little ones loved their Sophie's. I can confirm that the old version and new version Sophie's are exactly the same and it is just the packaging that has changed. The new packaging also has a little card inside which can be personalised for baby with the date and time they were born, eye colour, hair colour, weight and length. I have added some pictures of the new packaging and one with my daughter's Sophie next to it to show they are the same. Still a brilliant toy and some lovely memories of my two with their favourite giraffe Sophie.
on 7 February 2009
After seeing this rated as the best teether in a baby magazine I thought I'd give it a try. It is more expensive than other teethers (my husband was horrified when I confessed to the cost) but my son will not use any others and loved Sophie from day one. She comes everywhere with us. I did make the mistake of putting it in the sterisliser (wanted it to be clean before he put is in his mouth) and it hasn't squeaked since!
55 comments|145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 May 2016
Bought this when my son was 3 months old and he didn't really use it. At which point I was a bit annoyed at having wasted money on a rubber giraffe! However, he's now 6 months and loves it! He's properly into teething mode and loves biting down on it. Also, he's better able to guide the various parts of Sophie into his mouth. Before I was having to hold it for him whereas now he can chimp on it himself. I would say wait until your child can hold his/her head up and manoeuvre objects into their mouth before investing in Sophie
on 17 May 2013
I'd head so much about this product but wen i purchased one for my 6month old i was very disappointed. He didn't seem to gain any comfort from chewing on it. It is easy to hold but for my little one he soon lost interest. Very expensive for what it is.
on 25 July 2015
Absolutely love Sophie the Giraffe. Absolute must have for all teething babies. They just love to chew on every part of her, and she's indestructible as far as I can tell. The bought a second one for baby number 2.
on 29 September 2014
Unfortunately this Sophie The Giraffe was a fake. £12.99 wasted. I have since bought a genuine one which is different in quality and smell of vanilla not cheap rubber!
on 23 December 2015
Very annoyed, was meant to be a Christmas present but the box was battered on arrival, the giraffe also appeared scuffed in places. Safe to say I won't be giving it to my best friends newborn baby!!
on 27 January 2016
This tiny little giraffe has stopped many a screaming fit with my 5 month old. H e started teething at 4 months and this was recommended by a French friend who says all French baby's get one. I was sceptical but within minutes of giving it to him he was happily chewing away for hours at a time.

We tried all the usual remedies and gels but this is a drug free way to help him teethe and he loves to play with Sophie even when his teeth are not hurting him. Overall this is a must buy for any parent. Yes its more expensive than a teethin ring but the quality is a lot better and it will last forever.
on 16 September 2010
Having seen all the plastic rubbish that gets sold for teething and as passifiers i was after something different, enter Sophie!. Yes it looks, feels and sounds like a dogs play toy, but my daughter absolutley loves it and wont be seperated form it! Its soft and kind on her gums, made with non toxic rubber and paints. Everyone asks where we got it from and always comments on it when where out. Sometimes you come across something classic in design, a product which is simple and original but brilliant, this is it. A must have, along with tippitoes doorway bouncer! it cost a few quid, but its worth every penny.
on 1 September 2009
This is a great toy, my baby daughter uses it a lot to chew on to relieve hot gums while theeting! We lost our first Sophie La Giraffe while out and absolutely had to buy a new one!