1,128 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie the giraffe
Published on 7 Feb. 2009 by Mrs. V. J. Beech

3.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, did not work as a teether
I have read really many great reviews and also believe that for many it is a great teether. Did not do much for my daughter though. She uses it as a toy, which makes squeeky noises. That is it. She may have tried to put it in her mouth, but never really used it as a teether, even though I actually tried to give it to her when she was teething.

To be fair, the...
Published 10 months ago by antithesis

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie the giraffe, 7 Feb. 2009
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White) (Baby Product)
After seeing this rated as the best teether in a baby magazine I thought I'd give it a try. It is more expensive than other teethers (my husband was horrified when I confessed to the cost) but my son will not use any others and loved Sophie from day one. She comes everywhere with us. I did make the mistake of putting it in the sterisliser (wanted it to be clean before he put is in his mouth) and it hasn't squeaked since!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 28 Feb. 2013
We have tried countless things for my little girls teething. She hates them all. Doesn't like them to hard, doesn't like them with bumps, found most of them too big, or too heavy and kept dropping them. She preferred chewing on our fingers, ouch! While surfing around the net for alternatives, I came across Sophie. Pricey for a teether, but in my view now worth every penny. She is light, sort but chew able, smooth, but has various bits that can be chewed and held. My little girl loves her. she has now been chewed for a week, and she still looks new.
The only annoying bit is the squeaker inside. My little girl isn't fussed by the squeak, but after listening to her chew and squeak all day, I get a little fed up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 July 2014
Dont really know wot the fuss is about Sophie...not that impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars A family favourite, 13 Aug. 2012
My 3 month old son was given this as a gift and I must say he absolutely love it. He doesn't seem to be bothered by the squeak, but he loves chewing and sucking it. I've read other reviews where parents have said their children had difficulty in holding it. I would disagree, it's been one of the first things my son has learned to hold and there are other toys he still can't properly grab and hold. I think it's great for his hand coordination as well as giving him relief from teething and it looks so pretty. I didn't buy it but I think the price tag is worth it. I don't mind that it can't be sterilised. I just wash it with hot water and we've had no upsets so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic buy!, 16 April 2013
After hearing so many rave reviews about it, and not having much luck when offering my 4 month old son teething rings etc (either too big for his mouth or easily dropped), I decided to give this a go.
He absolutely loves it! The legs are perfect for chewing on while having something long and thin enough for him to grasp. It's soft enough so that it doesn't hurt him at all. The squeak is a bit random, it basically makes it a dog toy! but for some reason if I squeak it enthusiastically at my son when he's a bit grizzly, he perks up straight away and reaches for it!
No idea what makes it so attractive to babies but it's a god-send for teething!!

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Sophie, 16 Feb. 2011
I brought this for my son when he was a month old, he loves it!
He can chew, suck or just enjoy looking at it. I did wash it but luckliy the squeak survived, I now use milton or dettol on it now just wipe over it as sophie does get dropped on floors etc.
I personally recommend it but may not be to all tastes. A little concerned to read about them breaking but like anything you have to keep an eye on it incase it gets damaged - some children manage to destroy things in ways I never thought of, dispite the best testing!

A must have for babies - it may not work for all but its definatly worth a try. A great baby shower gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great baby toy, 30 Jan. 2012
I've bought two Sophie's as gifts for friends new babies after buying one for my son as a baby (he's 19 months now). Although not the cheapest of baby toys it's well worth the money. It's soft and bendy and easy for baby to hold when they've learnt how to. I used to carry it everywhere in my bag to occupy my son when we were out - the squeak provides a useful distraction. I'm not sure how effective it was for teething with my son - by the time most of his teeth came through he'd started to lose interest in Sophie - but he loved chewing on her ears! I'm looking forwards to getting Sophie back out when we have another baby!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and entertaining, 23 Aug. 2011
I've seen a few of these around and now that my foster daughter has started teething I thought I'd give it a go. So far she is enamoured by it and quite enjoys surprising her self with the squeak! We've just spent the weekend with family and have to say their dog went wild for the noise so we had to hide it to avoid being slobbered on (with canine slobber-it's certainly seen enough baby slobber!)
I'm my experience I would say that this is a very good starter toy, it's lightweight qualities and 'chewability' make it a great if a little pricey product. However it will also make a good keepsake, so long as we don't loose it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy and teether, 31 Jan. 2012
A gift from our neighbour for our four wk old daughter... She's now 9.5 months old and Sophie comes everywhere with us! A firm favourite, and puts up with a lot of chewing of every part of her by my daughter! A definite ease for when the teething kicks in,the only downside is, if you own a dog they will probably like it even more as it squeaks, as my friends French bulldog does, so it gets hidden out of sight when with him!! Great lifesaver though for teething and have bought another since ready for other friends baby. Also easy to wipe clean, as now Madison is on the move Sophie can get dirty, so an all round great toy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, did not work as a teether, 13 July 2014

To be fair, the only thing that actually worked as a teether for my daughter was her sippy cup. The purpose of this review is to show that while this is a great teether, it is not necessary a perfect solution to all the teething problems and does not work for everytbody.

Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White)