1,077 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
I've never heard Sophie before. I was curious when my wife told me about that. I read reviews and I think it make sense to buy a quality teether for my lovely baby boy. When Sophie arrived, my baby boy fell in love, grab it and chew it. It's just fantastic! I didn't regret to buy this "luxury" teether.
Published 9 months ago by Tito Mubarak

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!!
Purchased this product for my little girl as was recommended. However item arrived and did not look right! I read the 1* reviews and could not believe what I saw! People were saying that these are fakes and can be dangerous!

I ordered another one from a well know childrens store and the difference is unbelievable!!!

Please do not risk this product...
Published 20 months ago by VeryHappy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White) (Baby Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie the giraffe, 7 Feb. 2009
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After seeing this rated as the best teether in a baby magazine I thought I'd give it a try. It is more expensive than other teethers (my husband was horrified when I confessed to the cost) but my son will not use any others and loved Sophie from day one. She comes everywhere with us. I did make the mistake of putting it in the sterisliser (wanted it to be clean before he put is in his mouth) and it hasn't squeaked since!

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive reviews justified, 20 Feb. 2011
Despite the great reviews on amazon I initially hestitated about buying this and tried a couple of different cheaper teether toys first. They were okay but my 4mo really struggled to hold them & get them into her mouth on her own. After more rave reviews from the girls in my ante-natal group & seeing how easily their little ones could gum on Sophie I caved into joining the pack and now understand why every second person seems to have this toy. My daughter loves it! The squeaker guarantees a smile (although beware of fully submerging in water - I did before first use and sophie didn't squeak that well for a few days) plus she can easily hold sophie and get the head, body, or feet into her mouth. Yes it's expensive as teethers go, and yes you won't be very original with your 'Original Sophie the Giraffe' but for the enjoyment it gives my little one and the time it buys me it's worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought this! :D, 9 Aug. 2013
It took me weeks to take the plunge and buy this. I did a lot of researching online, looking at reviews and recommendations, which all said one thing or the other. Either baby loves it, or baby hates it.

Luckily, my baby loved it from the get-go and still does.

Sophie goes everywhere with us, and stays firmly in my LO's hands the entire time I'm out.

It's beautifully made, and is very soft and easy to bend for baby to suck and chew on, and has really helped my LO to grasp and hold.

Had this for about 4 months now, and it still looks brand new. My mum has ran over it a few times with pram while out, and it's only took a wash in soapy water to get it looking new again.

If your baby loves to hold small items, and thoroughly enjoys chewing on things and likes toys that make a noise, your baby will love this. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars As ever, makes a perfect gift for friends who have just been blessed by a new baby., 13 Feb. 2015
The second time I've bought, as a gift, Sophie The Giraffe.

The first one I bought is still being lovingly used by the young baby in question and both Mother and Baby are very happy. As a result, when another couple I'm friends with had their first child last month, Sophie the Giraffe was the first present that sprang to mind, and this review is a result of that.

I mentioned that I'd bought a Sophie to a work colleague (a mother herself) and she also had extremely complimentary things to say.

Thoroughly recommend Sophie The Giraffe for those blessed by new born babies. May not be immediately used, but certainly proves very welcome when the time comes (Not that long either).

10/10 for Sophie the Giraffe!

And 10/10 for Amazon and Sophie's distributor for shipping it so quickly too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just a Teether, 4 Jun. 2012
Mrs. C. Brindle "cbrindle" (Preston, UK) - See all my reviews
Since my 6 month old was born, Sophie has been useful, even before teething reared its dribbling-head:

*She is easy to hold and nice for baby to look at
*The squeak is great as a cry-stopping distractor (worked like a charm at 2 sets of injections!)and my boy now recognises her sound and smiles even when he can't see her.
*She is good for sore gums - there is usually a bit of her to suit my son's chewing needs.
*You can't sterilise her BUT i've always used Dettol wipes to keep her clean (you can't sterilise muslins or soft toys, and they get chewed too, so i don't see this as a drawback)

The negative - sometimes my boy looks like he might gag or take his eye out with her (grown up supervision, etc).

4.0 out of 5 stars Becomes a great teether....eventually!!, 20 Feb. 2014
UBM (london, UK) - See all my reviews
This turned out to be a great buy....I just think I bought it too soon. My son is now six months old and loves her - chewing on her constantly. However, I bought her, based on reviews, when he was less than 4 months old and it was just too tricky for him to grab her and chew on the right bits.....I think this is a great teether but your baby needs to have good hand co-ordination and probably needs to be at least 5 or 6 months old with a really good grasp to truly get the benefit. However, once a baby can properly grab and chew on her, she becomes indispensable and we wouldn't go anywhere without her!! Has made a lot of car journeys far more bearable as she can be chewed, squeezed and squashed and keeps him entertained for ages!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most expensive teether in the world: TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!, 7 Oct. 2011
Mrs. M. Lungu "itgirlno1" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Our little boy loves Sophie since he started teething; he grabs her and chomps on her everywhere! He doesn't use his other teethers half as much, and if Sophie's available will go for her first time every time. I've heard that other people#s children haven't taken to Sophie so I can understand the disappointment for the price she is, but I've not had that problem. And if one child doesn't take to it, your next child might, so don't give up on the idea. She really is brilliant. We've had a lot of comments from people about how cute she is and we now seem to have a bit of an African theme going with giraffes, elephants, monkeys and Fisher Price Rainforest toys - all completely coincidental so Sophie fits right in! We love her!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 28 Feb. 2013
We have tried countless things for my little girls teething. She hates them all. Doesn't like them to hard, doesn't like them with bumps, found most of them too big, or too heavy and kept dropping them. She preferred chewing on our fingers, ouch! While surfing around the net for alternatives, I came across Sophie. Pricey for a teether, but in my view now worth every penny. She is light, sort but chew able, smooth, but has various bits that can be chewed and held. My little girl loves her. she has now been chewed for a week, and she still looks new.
The only annoying bit is the squeaker inside. My little girl isn't fussed by the squeak, but after listening to her chew and squeak all day, I get a little fed up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 July 2014
Dont really know wot the fuss is about Sophie...not that impressed!

Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White)