5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous role play toy
Published on 24 April 2009 by star mum

2.0 out of 5 stars Very small, not what I expected
The photo is really good but when it arrives it is tiny with the cake stand base being smaller than a saucer and the 'cakes' are tiny. Really disappointed, I thought this would look really nice set up but instead the pieces will probably get lost.
Published on 29 Nov 2011 by Lucy J. Stephenson

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous role play toy, 24 April 2009
This review is from: Voila Wooden Pretend & Play Voila Wooden Cake Stand (Toy)
This is a brilliant little toy. I bought it for my 2 year old but it would suit any little person who still gives tea parties for their teddies!. My 5 year old boy loved it and my 9 year old girl likes playing with her sister with it. It looks really good - good enough to eat! and it is robust because it is wood. I think it is much nicer than the plastic food you can get. They look great on a little plate and can be used for lots of role play situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for tea parties!, 18 Feb 2009
Paula Wilmot (Brighton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Voila Wooden Pretend & Play Voila Wooden Cake Stand (Toy)
My 2 year old loves having tea parties and this cake stand and cakes just completes it perfectly. I have to say I bought it for her because I thought it was so cute and it really is great to play with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous but smaller than expected, 27 Jun 2010
This review is from: Voila Wooden Pretend & Play Voila Wooden Cake Stand (Toy)
Absolutly gorgeous cake set and stand, well made and fab quality. My daughter loves it and its played with daily. Only slight negative is that I expected it to be bigger, especially for the price. As it was a gift useing money my daughter had recived for her birthday I kept it, otherwise I would have considered sending it back. Also the two little brown cake cases that two of the smaller cakes sit in, are made of paper, they lasted about thirty seconds. Overall, great to recieve as a gift, not so thrilled to pay for it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very small, not what I expected, 29 Nov 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars

3.0 out of 5 stars smaller than 1st thought, 29 Dec 2011
This review is from: Voila Wooden Pretend & Play Voila Wooden Cake Stand (Toy)
the toy was alot smaller than 1st thought my little one has played with it once since xmas when he opened it i like wooden toys as they last longer than plastic toys am glad i didnt pay full price for it tho but still is a nice quality toy ;o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 10 July 2010
This review is from: Voila Wooden Pretend & Play Voila Wooden Cake Stand (Toy)
My daughter has started to take an interest in play cooking and tea parties when I saw this i thought it was ideal. The seller was exceptionally quick with delivery and well packaged. The cake stand comes in a lovely box and requires a small bit of assembly. my daughter absolutley loves it the cakes are durable and colourful and a whole lot of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dieter's delight, 5 July 2010
This review is from: Voila Wooden Pretend & Play Voila Wooden Cake Stand (Toy)
We are equipping a garden playhouse with wooden toy version of household equipment and this cakes and stand is substantial and the grandchildren love it. We recommend it for imaginative kids of all ages including the 65+.

3.0 out of 5 stars beware under 3's, 4 Aug 2011
This review is from: Voila Wooden Pretend & Play Voila Wooden Cake Stand (Toy)
This toy looks good enough to eat, I bought it for my 3year old grandson to go into his new playhouse,
trouble is the cakes and biscuits are just big enough to fit into a childs mouth and they could quite
easily choke on them, We now make sure Sam is well supervised when playing with this toy. I would reccomend
others do the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wooden cake stand, 10 Feb 2009
This review is from: Voila Wooden Pretend & Play Voila Wooden Cake Stand (Toy)
We have been pleased with this product. It is quite realistic. We bought it for our 2 1/2 yr old and she loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea time is now even more fun, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Voila Wooden Pretend & Play Voila Wooden Cake Stand (Toy)
We used to have tea with the little cups. My daughter would pour, and I would add the milk. Now we can have cake to add to our tea time ritual and with so much choice one can dither for a while over exactly which delicious treat to take.

I can recommend this without reservation, if you, or your children, like pretend play with tea and cake. Assembly is a trivial task, the cakes are very nicely presented in the box and from opening the box to offering the cake to others can take as little as 90 seconds which is within the attention span of a two year old so no pre-assembly required which is a godsend.

I can't say much about durability given we have only had this a week however the quality of the finish in the cakes and tray are excellent with deep paint that has withstood several teeth so far.