4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but effective
This is the cheapest groin guard I found on Amazon. I used it in a Krav Maga session (where attacks to the groin area are encouraged and come regularly) and it did the job. It's comfortable and offers enough protection to ensure that you'll be able to procreate in the future.

Published on 27 Oct 2010 by Dr. Blake

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good
My one has brown marks around the lower rim of the cup and a crack in the rubber rim. I'm not usually very fussy but the mere thought of something like this being used before me has put me right off using it. No postage paid returns here so in the bin.
Published on 21 Dec 2010 by Richard Baker

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but effective, 27 Oct 2010
Dr. Blake "Blakey" (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews

Probably not the best guard on here, but if your budget is limited it's a worthwhile purchase. It's better than a kick in the nuts.

Also, you're half way to a Droogs fancy dress costume!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 21 Dec 2010
Richard Baker (Iceland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Protection, 14 April 2011
David A. Czerski "bassistcz" (Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
I got this about 10 months ago and having been constantly using it several times a week for training since then and it's been great. Gives good protection, even when I got a knee from a particularly large individual that took me about a foot of the ground. I do Krav Maga, Judo, BJJ regularly and a few other systems from time to time, and have found groin protection to be rather essential and this has not failed to protect.
But sadly after 10 months of consistence use, the rubber to protect from the sharp edges of the plastic has worn and detached from the cup a bit, and I don't feel entirely safe using it any more. But I did a bit of strength testing with it, mainly just putting it on the floor, standing on it and bouncing up an down on it, and it's pretty sturdy, taking all 90kg of me, with no signs of stress.
I would definitely recommend this for the price and the use that I got out of it.

Having said that, I had decided to opt for a more sturdy groin guard to replace this one, simply because of the hours I spend training each week now, and I'm hoping to get a longer use of it.
But I would recommend this for anyone starting martial arts or a self-defence system and needs protection but is on a budget and not wanting to commit large funds on equipment that they're not sure they'll be continually using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, 2 Jan 2014
Bought for 12 year old child and it's a very good fit! Very satisfied with the purchase and bonus of being so cheap

5.0 out of 5 stars On the small size, 27 Nov 2013
To be part of my Alex Delarge costume it was perfect.
To be an actual guard? Perhaps a little small.
I'm not bragging, I'm pretty well average.....it's just a tad snug :D

4.0 out of 5 stars clothing, 12 Nov 2013
Bought for my husband for a fancy dress costume. He'd never worn one before and found it most uncomfortable. lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars well guarded, 1 Aug 2013
Ellen Irons "bookworm" (Nottinghamshire England) - See all my reviews
This was bought to compliment a dressing up outfit so not used for its proper purpose. It provided a safe place for a phone and keys so well happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars clockwork orange, 31 Mar 2013
for the cost I was really impressed. shame I am not a sportsman really. did the job - has got all the straps and looks the part for CO.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Halloween!, 31 Oct 2012
I ordered this iten 3 days ago (Sunday) and I received it today. Delivery was really fast, as expected (in 2 days) and it is what I need for my Halloween costume. I don't know it is ok about sports, but I give it 4 stars, as it is as described and delivery was excellent!

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking for the Droog Codpiece, 12 Jun 2012
Then you've found the right thing. Requires a bit of work to look right be worth the effort. I'd note as a box as well this would work pretty well, with the Cricket season coming I may just need another one.