4.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate Elvis Presley concert
This great new version of the 1970 concert film, 'Elvis: That's The Way It Is'
will hopefully help to redress the balance of critical opinion concerning the
final phase of Elvis Presley's career. Those who only remember the
caricature will be surprised at how good Elvis looks and by the sheer power
and magnetism of his performances. Vocally, he was...
Published on 20 Oct 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Big Disappointment!
I am very Disappointed with this release. Disc 1 is very good and in excellent condition. But then it would be, as it was only released a few years ago. The Original Film on Disc 2, does not look like it has been cleaned up in any way at all and is no better than my old VHS copy. The extra's (less than 40 minutes) are in bad quality and even stagger here and there. And...
Published on 15 Aug 2007 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars wow !wow n wow!superb!, 5 Jan 2010
I bought this just before xmas, and all I can say is WOW.! I was so lucky I love this version so much.I had it on VCR tape for many years but decided to buy this to update my collection, WOW, so glad that I did!.It was perfect and have been playing it soo much over the past few days. The actual footage is so clear although in cinema scope but still fantastic to watch a real version of what the man really was like behind the scenes and in front of his audiences.All I can say is go on and buy it . If you are a true ELVIS fan you wont regret it.recommended ,worthy ,true ***** stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars How good was he?...............the King is the answer., 22 Aug 2007
A. Thorpe "crossan8" (Cheadle Cheshire.) - See all my reviews
Unbelievably brilliant Dvd of Elvis in his prime,with the backing of a great band and backing singers, the rehersal jamming sessions are excelland but the show is trully an all time great performance by Elvis the king Presley.

5.0 out of 5 stars elvis the live performer in his prime,still the king, 21 Dec 2001
By A Customer
a revamped version of elvis` classic august 1970 show in las vegas now with enhanced picture and remastered sound`prime presley at his best.you have to see this concert to believe it,no one can better him as a live performer-ever!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 Oct 2013
This isn't the film I saw in 1970; this isn't the Elvis I saw in 1970. Careful interpretation of the sleeve notes shows this film to be compiled from the bits from the cutting-room floor. There were flashes of the old Elvis but overall the quality of performance was lacking the magic of the original film.

4.0 out of 5 stars The king at his very best, 28 July 2010
MPEG (Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elvis: That's The Way It Is (2-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1970] (DVD)
This is the original and not the newer cleaned up version. Most importantly this version includes on of his greatest live performances "I just can't help believing". Worth the money for this footage alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars GRAET TO SEE THIS ON DVD IN THE UK AT LAST, 22 Aug 2007
Hi There Elvis Fans, The Reviews On This 2 DVD Set Of "ELVIS: THAT'S THE WAY IT IS -1970" I'm Not Very Happy With Them, It Puts Everyone Off, I'm A Very Big Elvis Fan, I'm Only 19 Years Of Age, An Since The Age Of 4 I've Been Crazy About Elvis, I Have Everything You Can Name, Including A Fully Remastered 2 DVD Set Of His 1977 TV CBS Special Plus The 2 Concerts Fully Remastered By Ringing The CBS Company And Having Done, Costing Me 350, But For This DVD I Think It's Great, It Has Been Remastered And The Extras Are Only Remastered Top Best Way Posabile, What Everyone Has To Think About Is That The Waner Company Can Only Remaster Footage Depending On How They Find It, I Work For For A Remastering Company And It's Not Easy As Everyone Thinks, The Footage That Are In The Extras That's In The Original Film Are All From Diffreant Camra Angles, And If You Look At It Tidy You Will See That, So That's Why The Picture And Sound Are Not 100%, But The Full Film Has Been Remastered, So Where Everyone States That It Has Been Remastered Crap, Thats's A Lie, I Have Got the Original 1970's Version On DVD From the US When It was Available, And It's Better Then That, And You Can't Get Better Then That, All I Can Recamend If Your Thinking About Getting This Great DVD But Are Still Not 100% Sure Then Rent It First From Amazon And See What You Think And Deside

1.0 out of 5 stars An ideal buy for the Elvis-curious, 15 Mar 2002
I am a massive music fan, but have never really been 'into' Elvis. I figured I might be missing something, so thought this DVD might be a good place to start. And I was right. Excellent sound doing a fabulous band justice, and a classy Elvis at the peak of his powers. I never saw the original cut of this film, but the content on the DVD is great - fascinating rehearsal footage and almost an entire Vegas show.
I am now an avid Elvis fan - the 3-CD Box Set of this concert is also excellent. Highly recommended.

Elvis: That's The Way It Is (2-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1970]