4.0 out of 5 stars ROOF RAILS
EXCELLENT SYSTEM,SLITE FAULT WITH PLASTIC NUTS ON LOCKING SYSTEM.THINK THEY SHOULD BE STEEL.CAN SEE PROPLEMS IF MISS HANDLED.
SHOULD BE MODIFIED
Published 21 months ago by Mike Boswell

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish Locks
Prompt delivery and easy to fit.

BUT

I've had the bars on my car for the first time. Went to unlock them today and two out of the four locks won't unlock - the key just clicks round. The bars are therefore stuck on my car.

Published 23 months ago by Pipey925

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish Locks, 20 Nov 2012
This review is from: Mont Blanc RF20 Premium Complete Rail Bar System (Automotive)
Prompt delivery and easy to fit.

BUT

Can anyone tell me how to break the locks to get the bars off so I can replace them with a more sturdy product with locks that are up to the job?

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, 6 Feb 2013
K. D. Serle (winchester) - See all my reviews
Not happy with this purchase. The bars themselves are quite strong but I have very little faith in the locking mechanism. The key is plastic and I am sure it will snap in time what with the lock being quite stiff. I will not using the lock.

In part of the poor instructions it suggests that the clamps are tightened to a “ newton metre “ setting. How one is to gauge this setting I do not know.

4.0 out of 5 stars ROOF RAILS, 19 Jan 2013
SHOULD BE MODIFIED

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit, very sturdy, 12 April 2012
After a very speedy delivery, I fitted these bars in about 5 minutes and they were sturdy and didn't move. When I was done with them, it was relatively simple to unlock them using the key provided, and take them off the car.

That being said, one of the bars had a problem with the lock (I couldn't get the key to turn and release the plastic winding mechanism), so I used a screwdriver to pry it loose. I was able to break the lock with a screwdriver and remove the bar, so maybe this isn't such a great thing as any thief can do the same.

Maybe in future versions it would be better to have the lock / winding mechanism made out of a less flexible plastic or metal.

Overall, am quite happy with it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple solution!, 10 Jun 2011
Purchased this as an alternative to the more expensive Thule bar system.
Arrived in excellent time. Easy assembly, about 10 minutes.
Fits roof bars on my Kuga extremely well and is very secure.
Only issue is with the plastic fill in pieces which are a bit of a job to fit, but essensially not required.
Very pleased with my purchase.
Would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Feb 2014
Great price and easy to install and use. Works well with our roof topper, highly recommended for anyone who camps or travels with family and dog

5.0 out of 5 stars Remained well fixed inposition, 25 Aug 2013
It was very ok because it remained well anchored to the roof the roof bars and did not blow off

Mont Blanc RF20 Premium Complete Rail Bar System